PDA

View Full Version : Biel Tan Dire Avengers

Far Seer
21-02-2010, 11:00
I currently have a squad of eldar dire avengers already painted in the standard GW blue white scheme. However i play a Biel Tan themed army and i'm wondering if i should paint my second squad of DA green with white helmets, black green crests? would that look good? just in your opinion

eldaran
21-02-2010, 11:04
I currently have a squad of eldar dire avengers already painted in the standard GW blue white scheme. However i play a Biel Tan themed army and i'm wondering if i should paint my second squad of DA green with white helmets, black green crests? would that look good? just in your opinion

I would say that you don't have to, their amour colours is contingent on the shrine that they belong to, not the craftworld.

However, i think it would be a nice touch to paint the tabard-y cloth thing white with a green strip at the end to recognise their affiliation with Beil-Tan.

Hope this helps,

Arbiter7
21-02-2010, 11:13
Biel-tan armies are actually famously multi-coloured, since they use so many aspect warriors all the time.

But hey, if green and white floats your boat, go ahead. It is mentioned in some books that sometimes the aspect shrines do not dress with the traditional aspect colours, but mesh with the craftworld's color scheme. It could be a Biel-Tan colony or something.

I've painted my DA's black, and use them as Black Guardians of Ulthwe.

nightgant98c
21-02-2010, 12:14
I paint my aspects whatever color I think looks good. I don't try to stick with the established colors.

Irisado
21-02-2010, 21:10
There are two schools of thought that I have seen when it comes to painting Eldar Aspect Warriors.

You either paint all the squads in Craftworld colours, or a variation of those colours, or you paint them using one of the colour schemes for their Aspect, depending on which shrine they belong to.

Personally, given that you have already painted one squad of Dire Avengers in shrine colours, I would stick to that, otherwise it's going to look a little bit odd in my opinion.

There are, however, no rules when it comes to how you paint your figures, so the choice is ultimately yours.