PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Night Goblins Army

kaubin
21-02-2010, 19:50
I'm about to pick up a lot of goblins and squigs, and i've been considering getting an all night goblin army for sheer fun and chaos, and came up with this list...

Skarsnik – 205
Night Goblin Shaman, LvL 2, Horn of Urgok, Shrooms – 135
Night Goblin Shaman, LvL 2, Pipes of Doom – 120
Night Goblin Big Boss, Light Armour, Big Red Raggedy Banner – 107

Characters – 577

30 Night Goblins, Bows, Musician – 99
2 X 25 Night Goblins, Bows, Musician, Fanatic – 208
3 X 30 Night Goblins, Musician, Banner, 2 Fanatics – 456
2 X 40 Night Goblins, Musician, Banner, Champion, 2 Fanatics, nets – 450

Core - 1233

3 X 7 Squig Hoppers – 315

Special – 315

2 X Doom Divers – 160

Rare - 160

Grand Total - 2250

Model Count - 293 models

The whole point of fielding Skarsnik is to stay faithful to the theme and get a leadership bubble of 8, then I can reroll panic with the BSB, which will make baiting through my units a much less risky business. I have a lot of magic, pipes to scatter anything that comes up too close, archers with single fanatics in case the enemy tries to come too close to set off the other fanatics. I also tried to punch a good magic phase in, with bound items and 4 levels of magic. I'm hoping to also send Skarsnik's bound spell at the end of the phase in an attempt to surprise the enemy with like 7str 6 hits with no armour saves that should just decimate heavy cavalry :p

Any thoughts or comments before I start setting up these almost 300 models together?

Ax'ataxa
22-02-2010, 04:31
i like it, it's fluffy. though you'll probably run out of table space really fast, haha!

Rogzor87
22-02-2010, 04:54
My Friend plays Night Goblins just because she likes the recklessness of Fanatics. Regardless of the unit size and how many she fields she ALWAYS does 3 fanatics. Its quite funny watching the fanatics just run through anything and everything. And none of us are. its just fun to watch and see!

Slayerthane
23-02-2010, 17:18
Damn, that's alot of gobbos. Looks like a fun list. Love how you just put shrooms as the item name. I've always had fun with shrooms, both on and off the table. ;)

I don't think Pipes of doom is worth the points you pay. Its one use only and even then its basically a panic test at -1 Ld. I think you would be better off with Nibbla's Itty Ring (Ead Butt is a great spell for sniping characters) and 3 shrooms.