PDA

View Full Version : White Lions Model Versions?

JayC707
22-02-2010, 05:24
Hey Guys,

How many versions of the White Lions of High Elf have been made? I know they are only metal, but are there different models (older and newer versions...)?

ChaosVC
22-02-2010, 05:31
Currently there are only the metal version. But if you feel rich and is rich, you can buy the whitelion chariots and use the bits in there to make your own white lions. Important bits are the axe, the 2 white lion cloaks and the helms. You can always give them spear man lower legs. But it will cost you a bomb just to make those unless you know enough people who collects high elves and trade those bits with them.

enyoss
22-02-2010, 06:36
JayC707: You are wearing out my keyboard you sod! Slow down with your relentless High Elf questions :).

There are actually two versions which have been made for the white lions. The first were made in 1992 (by Marauder, which were bought out by Citadel around that time), and the next were released around 1997/98. Both versions are metal.

Both sculpts are old now, but I still think of the 1998 ones as the `new' ones. I think the older ones are far better... see my Vintage Army thread for my views on that though!

Were you thinking of buying some models on Ebay again? If so, and you're not sure what you're getting, PM me with the link and I'll be happy to identify the models for you :).

brendel
22-02-2010, 11:11
Enyoss is right, there are two meatal versions, I have and like both, the Marauder ones are more chunky which suits there higher strengh value i believe.

Nuada
22-02-2010, 20:18
Slightly off topic... but i think Marauder Miniatures was basically GW anyway. It was Trish and Ally... and later i think Colin. They even used foundary casting machines and Ep to spin their figures. Basically it was also Bryan's. I was told it was something to do with testing the field for competitors, not sure if that's true. But sounds plausible

JayC707
22-02-2010, 21:03
JayC707: You are wearing out my keyboard you sod! Slow down with your relentless High Elf questions :).

There are actually two versions which have been made for the white lions. The first were made in 1992 (by Marauder, which were bought out by Citadel around that time), and the next were released around 1997/98. Both versions are metal.

Both sculpts are old now, but I still think of the 1998 ones as the `new' ones. I think the older ones are far better... see my Vintage Army thread for my views on that though!

Were you thinking of buying some models on Ebay again? If so, and you're not sure what you're getting, PM me with the link and I'll be happy to identify the models for you :).

Thanks for your help, as always.

I purchased them some time ago already but it sounds like they both look decent so it should be fine. Or so I hope, lol. Ugh... the extra costs of learning.

From now on, I will be PM'ing you, that's for sure ;) This game is a real pain in the ass with all of the different model versions, plastic and metal, etc.

enyoss
22-02-2010, 21:26
Slightly off topic... but i think Marauder Miniatures was basically GW anyway. It was Trish and Ally... and later i think Colin. They even used foundary casting machines and Ep to spin their figures. Basically it was also Bryan's. I was told it was something to do with testing the field for competitors, not sure if that's true. But sounds plausible

That's interesting :). Marauder definitely had it's own style back then though with chunkier, less spindly models, which Citadel seemed to adopt around the start of 4th edition. I was never entirely sure of the relationship between the two companies though.