PDA

View Full Version : centigors in mortal army?

Shadow Weaver
09-02-2006, 12:28
I am new to fantasy and have started collecting a chaos army.

I want to add a couple of units of beastmen to my list including centigors (to chase those pesky elves out of their woods) the problem is this

p56 of the beasts of chaos book says "units of trolls and chaos ogres count as special reagrdless of your general"

p57 of the beasts of chaos book says "Minotaurs count as a core unit if your general is a doombull, otherwise they count as a special unit choice"

It dosn't comment about centigors, do I therefore accept defeat and accept that these are not available to a mortal general? or is this a typing error?

Thankyou in advance

T10
09-02-2006, 12:39
As far as I can tell it's more of an omission.

The point with the Chaos armies is that the choice of general determines wether Beast, Daemon or Mortal units are Core or Special.

Units that are explicitly stated as Core, Special or Rare remain such regardless of wether the general is Beast, Daemon or Mortal.

In the case of the Doombull, he still counts as a Beast character with the added option of taking Minotaurs as core.

-T10

Captain Ardias
09-02-2006, 12:39
Beast units are those that are core units in the beast book, the special and rare units in the beast book is special regardless of your general(beast, mortal or daemonic) I think.

Azazel
09-02-2006, 17:53
I'd eat my hat if Centigors wearn't allowed in Mortal armies.

I take it as an oversight.

Festus
09-02-2006, 18:03
Hi

Nice -and even fluffy- opinions.

But are there any rules to support this claim?

Greetings
Festus

T10
10-02-2006, 22:26
Beasts of Chaos p49, Hordes of Chaos.

This indicates that you can mix troops and characters from both army lists. The rules further detail how this works.

The sidebar referring to Chaos Trolls and Chaos Ogres specify that they count as a Special choice regardless of general. If the lack of an equivalent description should be taken as a restriction, then note that it excludes the use of Centigors and Minotaurs in *any* Chaos army...

It stands to reason that such is not the case.

-T10

Shadow Weaver
11-02-2006, 16:10
Thanks for that, because I would hate to spend the money and time painting them and then find that someone objects to them being used.

metro_gnome
12-02-2006, 15:42
Beasts of Chaos p49, Hordes of Chaos.

This indicates that you can mix troops and characters from both army lists. The rules further detail how this works.

The sidebar referring to Chaos Trolls and Chaos Ogres specify that they count as a Special choice regardless of general. If the lack of an equivalent description should be taken as a restriction, then note that it excludes the use of Centigors and Minotaurs in *any* Chaos army...

It stands to reason that such is not the case.

-T10

i don't follow this reasoning...
Minotaurs have a corresponding note so we are aware of what kind of choice they are depending on the general...
Centigors have no such note...
therefore it is logical to assume that they can appear in a beast army as a special choice (as that is how they are labeled in that particular book)...
but Centigors appearing in off book armies is questionable...
its just one of the many oversights in the rushed BoC book...