PDA

View Full Version : 2x Mono-Khorne Daemons (1k + 1.5k)

Agnar the Howler
22-02-2010, 23:05
Before anyone says anything because it's Daemons, i'm not out there to just win and kick everyone to the ground. Khorne-Daemons (and possibly WoC if I can get hold of the army book at some point) actually stems from my Khorne-based 40k CSM army. I like Khorne better than the others (My order of preference is Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and then Slaanesh) so this is why the list is mono-khorne, it's not because it's powerful or because it's IMBA or whatever you want to call it, it's a general liking for the Patron God and the models.

Now we've got that out of the way:

1k:

Herald of Khorne w/ Juggernaut, Firestorm Blade and Armour of Khorne - 190pts

16 Bloodletters w/ Full Command - 222pts
15 Bloodletters w/ Standard Bearer and Champion - 204pts
15 Bloodletters w/ Standard Bearer and Champion - 204pts

5x Flesh Hounds - 175pts

Total - 995pts

There isn't really much I can use for points filler if I take out one of the bloodletter units, as a second herald is just going to bring the pain right back up, as is a second unit of hounds. A chariot will get every cannon pointed it's way and a herald on foot is just as bad as one on a jugger. Worse, yes, but still pretty hard.

1.5k:

Herald of Khorne w/ Juggernaut, Firestorm Blade, BSB, Armour of Khorne, Great Standard of Sundering - 265pts
Herald of Khorne w/ Juggernaut, Firestorm Blade and Armour of Khorne - 190pts

15 Bloodletters w/ Full Command - 210pts
15 Bloodletters w/ Full Command - 210pts
20 Bloodletters w/ Full Command - 270pts

5x Flesh Hounds - 175pts
5x Flesh Hounds - 175pts

Total - 1495pts

I opted for the second herald and second hound unit for sheer simplicity of moving up to 2k I just remove a few letters and add in the thirster. I didn't post my 2k list for obvious "It's daemons, you have a thirster, you're fine" reasons.

------------------------------------

So, any gap filler for the 5pts left? Anything needed at all? Fine as is for general use? Would you face either one given the chance? What would I need to do for you to agree to face it but keep it within the theme?

Agnar the Howler
23-02-2010, 01:31
I know it's only been 2 hours and 20 or so minutes but all I need is a 'yes' or a 'no' and maybe some reasons why. It's probably just cos i'm an impatient little **** but I just need some sort of confirmation :p

Gorak
23-02-2010, 14:35
I'd fo with skulltaker over a norm herld point for point he's just one scary ****. Also is you don't take skultaker I'd put the herald with one unit of letters so you can benifit from the locuts of khorne rule. Blood crusher rock! find some point and stick 3 in the 1500 list.

Jind_Singh
23-02-2010, 16:05
for the 1000pts.....drop the 3rd unit of core, and buy 6 furies for 72pts, add a herald on foot for 90pts - now you have 2 actual decent foot slogging units as they both have hatred, the fleshounds as your heavy cav, and the furies to fly around being a pain in peoples butts.

otherwise drop the 3rd unit and get 2 bloodcrushers