PDA

View Full Version : Leman Russ Eradicator

DaSpaceAsians
23-02-2010, 00:21
As I was reading my IG Codex, I saw the Eradicator and began wondering just how good is it? I haven't seen anyone use it at my Gaming Place. Have you guys have any experience with it?

ehlijen
23-02-2010, 01:49
I've been using it ever since the codex image showed a gun very much like that of the demolisher I converted using a land raider chassis and a baneblade turret. While I inititally didn't like it too much it has grown on me. Scounts, genestealers and all sorts of things fear that thing more than they'd have feared yet another demolisher. It seems to miss a completely a lot more than any other tank though, but that's just pure unluck as far as I can tell.

enigma-96
23-02-2010, 01:49
Meh it isn't a bad choice if you know you're facing GEQ but in an all comers list I find it isn't the best choice of Leman you can make.

I personally don't play guard but my buddy does and his battles with it really emphasize my point. Against me, Orks, it is his most devastating weapon, against one of the countless Marine players at the store it kinda flops. It's destructive for sure but it isn't points efficient compared to all the other delicious choices in the same entry..... mmmmmm 5 Plasma Cannons .......mmmmmm

*Edit yeah this tank would be really mean against 'stealers

blackroyal
23-02-2010, 04:05
Throw pask in it and it makes monsters very unhappy.

totgeboren
23-02-2010, 06:58
I have used one a lot of times. IT does struggle compared to a standard Russ or Demolisher. If it had a re-roll to-hit or something it might have been better, since it competes with the hellhound.

A very nice thing about it is that it goes straight through things like Kustom Force Fields and the Venomthrope cover-ability.

If you include lots of meltaguns and such, the Eradicator is useful vs GEQs, but if your infantry is more geared to fight infantry, a standard Leman Will probably do you more good.

e2055261
23-02-2010, 08:24
Well it's not bad... but the other LR variants seem to be more cost effective. Also, since you can get the same ignore cover ability from other units (hellhound, colossus, etc) it often gets overlooked. Don't forget that unless it's in a squadron, it will take up a precious heavy supprort slot.

ehlijen
23-02-2010, 08:34
The Colossus relies on cover for protection because it doesn't have much else, and suffers from a long minimum range.
The hellhound has less range and weaker armour.
Both are good vehicles but neither quite offer the package deal the Eradicator brings. That said, it shouldn't be your first Russ. It is however a great second or third russ if, like me, you like bringing lot's of russes.

Thud
23-02-2010, 08:44
That said, it shouldn't be your first Russ. It is however a great second or third russ if, like me, you like bringing lot's of russes.

Exactly what I was going to say. Here I am, thinking I've got something clever to add to a thread, and someone actually playing the army the thread is about mischievously ninjas me. :p

don_mondo
23-02-2010, 09:21
The Colossus relies on cover for protection because it doesn't have much else, and suffers from a long minimum range.

I actually consider 24" to be a short minimum range, but still, the Eradicator would be more surviveable. However, the Colossus does have that lovely AP 3 as well as ignore cover.............. It's like Raid for Marines. Kills them dead.

Schlupp
23-02-2010, 12:05

For what reason should I use Pask in a Eradicator? Do I miss something?

I like it, even against Marines, you can be lucky.

Bunnahabhain
23-02-2010, 13:06
That said, it shouldn't be your first Russ. It is however a great second or third russ if, like me, you like bringing lot's of russes.

Agreed. I've found it a little underwhelming, mainly due to missing too much, but it is not Vanquisher bad.

I assume the pask reference is to use it with 3 Heavy bolters, for lots of AP3 against TMCs and daemon princes... seems very expensive, and minimally effective. It almost makes the Pask Punisher seem a good idea...

Lord Cook
23-02-2010, 14:18

Why? :confused: The Eradicator is possibly the worst tank for Pask I can think of.

Both are good vehicles but neither quite offer the package deal the Eradicator brings.

The Hellhound is dramatically faster, cheaper, more accurate and takes up a different FOC slot. The Eradicator offers a different package, but I wouldn't leap to assume it's a better one.

I assume the pask reference is to use it with 3 Heavy bolters, for lots of AP3 against TMCs and daemon princes...

Pask gives you a re-roll to wound against monstrous creatures, if you remain stationary. The Ap value always remains the same.

Bunnahabhain
23-02-2010, 16:45
Pask gives you a re-roll to wound against monstrous creatures, if you remain stationary. The Ap value always remains the same.

Doh! Shows how much I use Pask, doesn't it....

Tank aces should have been generic, and better priced!

WinglessVT2
23-02-2010, 16:49
Xenos hate it.
Few of them pack 3+ armor saves, so it just destroys them.

Just don't give it sponsons, or they'll start using wound allocation to cut your damage.

But then again, xenos hate your hellhounds, too, plus the big mortar that ignores cover and is AP3.

Worsle
23-02-2010, 18:16
A weapon that kills any one who is not a marine? What is not to love. It is one of the more solid russ set up in the book. Really depends on your army but it and the exicutioner are the only ways to field a russ that can really hold their own. Demolishers are also a solid choice but I have never been a fan of the range on that weapon but still a much better platform for it than marines get. Normal russ have issues with scattering making it poor anti tank and cover saves making it poor anti every one else.

Just have to be careful about wound allocation as wingless says, eradicator should only have a flamer anything else is counter productive.