PDA

View Full Version : 1k and 1.5k Khornate WoC - Armour Heavy

Agnar the Howler
23-02-2010, 12:07
I finally managed to get my claws on a WoC army book today, so i've drawn up two non-competative lists that i've wanted to use for a good while, and I was wondering if there was any incarnation of them that could be in the least bit competative without resorting to other marks, unmarking or including many units of marauders or marauder cavalry.

Heroes:
Exalted Hero w/ Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, Axe of Khorne, Favour of the Gods and Shield - 230pts

Core:
11x Chaos Warriors w/ Mark of Khorne, Standard Bearer, Champion, Shields and Halberds - 241pts
10x Chaos Warriors w/ Mark of Khorne, Standard Bearer, Musician, Halberds and Shields - 218pts
10x Chaos Warriors w/ Mark of Khorne, Standard Bearer, Musician, Halberds and Shields - 218pts
5x Chaos Warhounds - 30pts

Total - 997pts

Exalted joins the unit of 11 Warriors with the other two warriors covering the flank and the warhounds screening and re-directing. If anything actually survives to make it to the enemy then all the better.

Heroes:
Exalted Hero w/ Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut, and Axe of Khorne and Shield - 225pts

Core:
10x Chaos Warriors w/ Mark of Khorne, Standard Bearer, Musician, Shields and Halberds - 218pts
12x Chaos Warriors w/ Mark of Khorne, Standard Bearer, Halberds and Shields - 246pts

Special:
5x Chaos Knights w/ Mark of Khorne and Standard Bearer - 250pts
5x Chaos Knights w/ Mark of Khorne and Standard Bearer - 250pts

Total - 1498pts

A little more daring, with basically the same set-up as the first list, except with the juggernaut either sticking in the unit of 12 Warriors to form another solid core whilst the knights flank, or running up with the knights to take command of a stronger flank. Whatever happens, the Knights will be running a flank each whilst the warriors march up through the centre, again screened by hounds.

I know that I will fall against mass magic lists, and probably a few other lists as well, so does anyone have any advice to make my armour heavy khornate warriors a bit more competative, or have I, in some random feat of army listing, come up with two lists that are actually okay for mildly competative and friendly play and don't need to be tweaked?

I won't be taking these guys to any national tournaments or anything like that, so i don't need it to be overly hardcore, but just okay for local tournemants (where cheese is frowned upon, as these are more based on having fun than winning, as usually the only reward for winning is pride and bragging rights around your local store) and for friendly games.

Please also point out any point or army errors, as i've only flicked through the book and might've missed a rule or a points cost somewhere along the line, the same with calculations.

Ayliffe
23-02-2010, 12:53
If you face a magic heavy army with access to lore of metal, that game is over in 2 turns max.

Agnar the Howler
23-02-2010, 12:56
If you face a magic heavy army with access to lore of metal, that game is over in 2 turns max.

I appreciate the attempt at giving advice, but telling me something I already know doesn't really help...

Ayliffe
23-02-2010, 14:11
im just emphasizing it. Take 2 scroll caddies to make the list reasonable. (crucified sorcerers anyone?) Also, I would suggest taking at least one unit of Marauder horsemen, unless you want the entire army in chaos armour, for warmachine hunting etc. The 3 units of Warriors are going to take a long time to get into combat (if they ever do, due to baiting etc.) and with such low numbers, guns will be a huge problem, even with 3+ armour saves.

Sorry about the previous post, i skimmed the list quickly and didnt have time to really write much.

Gorak
23-02-2010, 14:24
If you can I'd get a second exalted hero on foot with the collar of khorne for 1500pts list. Also for both list I'd drop the magic stuff on the hero on juggernaut and give hime fury of khorne. Gives you some nice magic res. I'd also find a was to sneak in at least one unit of marauder horsemen.

captainAurelius
23-02-2010, 16:56
I'm an advocate of 4 juggernauts..

Also units of ten marauders with GW and MoK are good as detachment style support for your warriors.