PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Jetbikes

powerclaw
23-02-2010, 19:12
Hey guys, I'm building my mechdar force through Bartertown and I recently aquired a box of Shining Spears for free. The guy made me wait 3 weeks while he gathered my junk and really doesn't want a bad review.

My issue is I don't know if I need SS's or if I should make them Jetbikes (I already have 3 normal Jetbikes and a Farseer on bike). I run 2 DA's in Serpents, Dragons in Serpent, 3 Prisms (or Prisms and Walkers), 2 Farseers with DA's, and Scorpions. At 2000 I'm going to add a Serpent with 5 Wraithguard and 'lock.

My options are:
-Make them Jetbikes for 6 Jetbikes
-Make them Shining Spears and convert the jetbikes to Shining Spears for up to 6 (I think unit max is 5?)
-Convert an Autarch on bike and the rest to Shining Spears

I don't want to make a Jetcouncil because of the amount of work and my army is sort of based on the Farseers not being in councils (might post fluff at some point in Projects)

What would you guys do??

WinglessVT2
23-02-2010, 19:16
Shining spears are pretty bad.
Make them regular jetbikes instead, and use them to contest or capture objectives late in the game.

incarna
23-02-2010, 19:54
Convert them into warlocks on jetbikes. Jetbike seer councils are incredibly competitive and there isnít a model for them.

Sasquatch
23-02-2010, 21:23
With the army you already have ... shinning spears all the way. Between the DA's, dragons, prisms and walker you've got more than enough shooting in your army to take on just about anything ... but relatively little CC punch, especially againt power armor.

A unit of shinning spears will complement the rest of your army by acting as cleanups, taking out the stragglers that insufficient shooting/wound allocation left standing.

Narf
23-02-2010, 22:20
plus the str6 power weapons they carry each charge should help.

Nighthawke
23-02-2010, 22:41
and if all else fails you can shot their lances at vehicles or shurikan units XD

primarch16
23-02-2010, 23:00
Think I'd make a jetbike seer council, very competetive and cool.

TheShadowCow
23-02-2010, 23:10
Except he doesn't want a Jet-Council...

My vote is simply to bulk out your Jetbike unit to 6, giving you the numbers to acccomplish tasks more effectively.