PDA

View Full Version : 2K Competitive Orcs for GT '10

Kitskin
24-02-2010, 02:42
So, i've played an OnG army for a long time but my models are starting to look a bit on the old and worn out side so i'm thinking of modelling painting a new 2k force with the aim being this years UKGT!

Black orc warboss- boar, h.armour, enchanted shield, collar of zorga, shaga’s screamin’ sword
245pts
Black orc big boss- BSB, boar, h.armour, morks spirit totem
180pts
Savage orc big boss- martogs best basha, boar chariot
170pts
Goblin Shaman- brimstone bauble (or tricksy trinket?), dispel scroll, wolf chariot
165pts

Orc boyz x28- shields, full command
198pts
Orc boyz x28-shields, full command
198pts
Night Goblins x20- 2 fanatics, musician
114pts
Night goblins x20- 2 fanatics, musician
114pts
Goblin wolf riders x5- bows, musician
71pts
Goblin wolf riders x5- bows, musician
71pts

Orc boar chariot
80pts
Goblin wolf chariot
60pts
Goblin spear chukka x2- bully x2
80pts
Night goblin squig hoppers x6
105pts

Snotling pump wagon x2
80pts
Goblin doom diver catapult
80pts

3 PD/6 DD+scroll (inc. banner)
Total: 1996 pts

All C&C welcome!
I'm wondering if i've gone too point heavy on characters, although i am getting a couple of chariots out of them.
Would i be better off with more magic defense? i.e. 2nd shaman on chariot with sneaky staff instead of s. orc?
I'm hoping that the collar of zorga on the warboss will help out vs. greater daemons etc so went for that rather then amulet of protectyness. The suicide goblin shaman is my back up option for taking down monsters.

Malorian
24-02-2010, 21:33
The chariot shaman might as well have 2 scrolls.

Doesn't look like you have enough fast cav or throw away units though. This hurts your main line and your baitable savage chariot.

Kitskin
24-02-2010, 21:50
Hmm, i was considering a couple of bases of snotlings to screen the chariot. I agree on fast cavalry, but i'm not sure where to take the points from?

Jind_Singh
25-02-2010, 03:16
drop 2 squig hoppers, 20 goblins (10 from each), and you have enough for more fast cav options

wolf riders - bows are far superior to spears if i could only take the one option, bows prove their worth each and every time. Have never left a game without making back double or tripple or even quadruple the 5pts it cost me to buy the bows! makes for more fun too as we can shoot at things on 6's - and it makes me laugh when they kill stuff!
Point in hand - ran spiders 14" forwards and shot 5 chaos knights. Rolled a single 6, a 5 to wound - and he rolled a 1!!! Next turn I shot them again, again single 6, a 5 to wound, and again he rolled a 1 for his armour save! By far the most epic of kills for sure, but they do wonders (Wounded hydras, high elf dragons, killed an usabhti outright with 5 bows, you name it - they wounded or killed it

On your shaman- forget the brimstone bauble - either grab another scroll,but i would get the tricksy trinkit - so an enemy with a ward save loses it! I charged a bloodthirster with the gobbo shaman and an orc boar chariot - 2D6 +2 str 5 hits with NO ward saves! He just had his 5+ save (3+ armour) and took a storm of wounds! It was epic! Of course he then turned around with 1 wound remaining and killed both chariots.....

Kitskin
03-03-2010, 08:45
Okay, swap spears for bows, check.
I'd rather not give the shaman two scrolls, just because the other items available to him are more interesting, i may change the bauble out for tricksy trinket if no-one thinks the bauble would be worth it?
Dropping those goblins would let me fit in one more fast cav unit, if i drop the 20 n.gobbos and one hopper that'll free up enough for one more unit of 5 w/musician.
Having units of 20 n. goblins feels wrong though!

warlord hack'a
03-03-2010, 11:56
drop the bullies on your chukka crew and for these 10 points get the spears back on the wolfriders, S4 is so much better than S3, it makes you sort of dangerous flanking an enemy unit and definitely increases the chance of winning combat versus enemy warmachine crew..

Also, for the black orc warboss, consider mounting him on the ironback boar: the boar options costs 24 points, the ironback boar costs 35 points, so for 11 points you get 1d3 S5 impact hits on the charge, definitely a good bargain!

Jind_Singh
04-03-2010, 04:09
Did you ever consider the following:

Savage Orc Shaman, boar, Skull wand of Kaloth, collar of Zorga?

He runs at the nearest Dark Elf Hyrda (or equivilant), charges into combat, he has 2 attacks - if he's lucky he also has the 'bash um ladz' spell which he casts upon himself allowing him to re-roll hits.

Now assuming he at least hits once, the hydra has to make AN UNMODIFIED ld test....OR DIE!!! HAHAHHAHA! And just incase the hydra lives or the Savage orc whiffs, the hydra is hitting back on sixes!

lol, well it made me lol anyway!

Nathangonmad
04-03-2010, 11:30

He runs at the nearest Dark Elf Hyrda (or equivilant), charges into combat, he has 2 attacks - if he's lucky he also has the 'bash um ladz' spell which he casts upon himself allowing him to re-roll hits.

Now assuming he at least hits once, the hydra has to make AN UNMODIFIED ld test....OR DIE!!! HAHAHHAHA! And just incase the hydra lives or the Savage orc whiffs, the hydra is hitting back on sixes!

lol, well it made me lol anyway!

Toootally worth it to take out that 175point model...oh wait.

warlord hack'a
04-03-2010, 13:04

He runs at the nearest Dark Elf Hyrda (or equivilant)

and here it ends: the hydra moves out of the charge arc of the svg orc shaman and flames the bastard to bits. OR: Dark elf fast cav mysteriously finds itself in the chargepath of your frenzied non-fighty character on boar. Or: your frenzied non fighty character on boar gets pulled out of the unit he is in and shot to bits by missile fire. Or: the hydra charges you instead of the other way around and you are toast again.

In short: putting a frenzied shaman on a boar is a bad move.