PDA

View Full Version : Combat Dark Elves 2000pts

Aurellis
24-02-2010, 17:52
Hi, i'm just designing my new all-comers list for my Druchii and I was looking for some advice on any changes that I could make. It's always good to get a second opinion :) I know i'm a little low on magic defence but the Ring of Hotek and 2 scrolls should help. Thanks in advance!

Dreadlord - Cold One, Pendant of Khaeleth, Crimson Death, HA, Shield, SDC - 245

Sorceress - Level 2, 2 Dispel Scrolls - 185

Master - BSB, Soul Render, HA, SDC, Shield - 130

20 Warriors - Full Command, Shields, Warbanner - 180

20 Warriors - Full Command, Shields - 155

5 Dark Riders - Repeater Crossbows, Musician - 117

5 Harpies - 55

5 Harpies - 55

9 Cold One Knights - Full Command, Pearl of Infinite Blackness - 308

Cold One Chariot - 100

15 Black Guard - Full Command, Banner of Hag Graef, Ring of Hotek - 290

War Hydra - 175

Total - 1989

tmarichards
24-02-2010, 18:06
Give the Dreadlord a Sea Dragon Cloak.

NEVER give the Dark Riders shields! They're the best fast cav in the game, if you give them shields they lose that ability.

The Cold One Knights really don't need the Pearl of Infinite Bleakness- it doesn't make them immune to Stupidity (pg 53 of the big rulebook).

I like to run my harpies in units of 6, that way they can take a casualty and still be able to claim table quarters.

Aurellis
24-02-2010, 18:12
Thanks, i've edited the Dark Riders and Dreadlord :)

I've use the pearl not for Stupidity but because my closest opponent uses DoC terror bombs :)

I would take 2*6 Harpies but I don't have the models :(

Don Zeko
24-02-2010, 20:26
I'd switch around the magic items on your BG champion and your BSB. Give the BSB Armor of Darkness and the Ring of Hotek, and give the BG Champion the Crimson Death. Also, drop your mage to level 1; spell caddies don't need spells or power dice. This should give you enough points to add a few more black guard.

Don Zeko
24-02-2010, 20:29
Oops, forgot that you've already got Crimson Death on your lord. I'd give him deathpiercer instead, or maybe Caledor's Bane.

tmarichards
24-02-2010, 20:59
The Cold Ones will still only be taking fear tests at ld10 from the Dreadlord, as they cause fear they don't suffer from terror.

Good advie about the mage, the caddy will only really be throwing one dice per turn at either Chillwind or Rule of Burning Iron (at least, that's all mine does).

The BSB would be better off with Armour of Darkness and the Ring, that way the BG champion (and the COK champion for that matter) could take null talismans to boost your anti-magic capabilities.

TheGuardian170
24-02-2010, 21:47
Just throwing this out there but why not run two units of COK they are used as flankers and breakers so all those points for one extra rank that you loose as soon as you take a casualty seems to me like a bad plan. It also give you more threats on the field.

Alltaken
24-02-2010, 22:03
why are you taking 9 COK in 1 unit? I'd go Warbanner on the BSB.

I'd suggest Banner of Sluagther in the Cok for huge CR bonus.

I like the idea, but personally I'd take another sorcerer, Dark Magic has good chances to be casted by lvl2 mages.
Other idea is put your master BSB in a chariot to have 2 fast moving units giving LD Bubble

Don Zeko
25-02-2010, 01:45
Just throwing this out there but why not run two units of COK they are used as flankers and breakers so all those points for one extra rank that you loose as soon as you take a casualty seems to me like a bad plan. It also give you more threats on the field.

I assumed a frontage of 6, so the big unit is just there to ensure that a fighting rank gets into combat.