PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe what just happened.

cavatica76
24-02-2010, 18:06
Oh my goodness, I can't beleive it. My wife has just dropped the last three Harry Potter hard backs onto my new Beastmen army. She pulled down a new duvet from the top of the wardrobe and the books fell onto the freshly painted miniatures in the bottom of the wardrobe below.

A lot of the conversion work is now broken.

Horns have been snapped in two.

Feet are no longer attached to bases.

Frankly I'm gutted..... is divorce an option is such a case?

What's the worst thing that ever happened tp anyone else re miniature vandalism?

The SkaerKrow
24-02-2010, 18:09
o.O

Wow, man. I'm very, very sorry.

Wandre
24-02-2010, 18:10
I'm very sorry to hear about the beastmen. The same thing happened to me except it was two fully painted and converted Space Wolves blood claws squads. I had spent the whole night getting them ready for battle and the next day my friend stomps on both squads with pieces everywhere.

IAMNOTHERE
24-02-2010, 18:11
Guilt trip, ride the guilt trip.

Bladelord
24-02-2010, 18:12
HAHA PWNED:evilgrin:

Nah seriously, I'm sorry for both of you. 1 question tho, did he actually STOMP on your squads?:wtf:

Lordy
24-02-2010, 18:14
Divorce should seriously be a consideration at this point, give it a day though to see how she can make things better, kinky bedroom antics could save your her marriage, let her know this ;)

BigbyWolf
24-02-2010, 18:17
BigbyWolf doesn't condone a sharp back-hand...but can understand why you would be tempted! Perhaps she has an irritating vase on the mantle-piece that's been bugging you for ages? Make sure your elbow catches it the next time you go past!

Alternatively, if you love her more than your models, tell her it doesn't matter, although you would like a cup of tea.

Condottiere
24-02-2010, 18:22
Diplomacy is called for, a rose, an outing, and an apology that you let this happen.

kaubin
24-02-2010, 18:23
Ouch! Was it intentional or was it an accident?

The SkaerKrow
24-02-2010, 18:23
Diplomacy is called for, a rose, an outing, and an apology that you let this happen.Wow, Con. Just wow. :p

Sygerrik
24-02-2010, 18:29
A games workshop employee once (accidentally) dropped my fully painted and based Penitent Engine 5 feet onto a tile floor. KABOOM!
I've stepped on models a couple of times, but usually just a Skeleton or a Clanrat.

Troah
24-02-2010, 18:37
Have her make it up to you 100 fold. ^.~

starlight
24-02-2010, 19:20
Spam Posts and responses Deleted...

Do not Spam WFB Gen...or any Threads outside The Chaos Wastes...

Do not respond to Spam...

starlight

Kuroi
24-02-2010, 19:23
Why would you keep your miniatures in a place where thins can fall on them? or on the floor? o_O

Malorian
24-02-2010, 19:29
Guilt trip, ride the guilt trip.

Absolutely! Your models are broken but you love life is about to get a LOT better :evilgrin:

It sucks (understatement) when something like that happens. When I started dark eldar for 40k I was just on the painting stage when someone painted on a freshly painted model... it killed the army for me and I just couldn't being myself to paint them any more...

Stupid I know but it's like my mind (and maybe yours) is saying "why paint more if they are just going to get destroyed?"

That being said you should seriously look at the damage and see if all it would take it some time and some glue if you can match up the parts right. If it was all plastic models you might not even need a repaint if you are careful.

Desert Rain
24-02-2010, 19:33
I've had some accidents resulting in some broken models, but nothing even close what happened to you.

Roguebaron
24-02-2010, 19:37
Warhammer single figure golden demon entry "accidentally Dropped" by a judge during the competion at games day canada, I was a guest painter and no one told me till days end. Figure was in the running...it's never been quite the same since then. It took me 3 months before I had the heart to try and restore it.

Bingo the Fun Monkey
24-02-2010, 19:40
Actually, I agree with Condottiere on this one.

You'll have to bite your lip, but the reward will last a lot longer than simply demanding kinky antics in the bedroom or getting revenge. You'll have a wife who already feels bad about it and is amazed at how gracious her hubby is. These two things can conspire to be very handy in a tight situation (assuming your wife is not some oafish slob-in which case divorce would be a good call).

Melchor
24-02-2010, 19:41
Someone I know once picked up an army case with his fully painted Lizardman army in it. And he forgot to close the lid. He says put the models back in the case, taped the lid shut an didn't have the heart to open it for weeks...

Midevil216
24-02-2010, 19:50
Why would you store your Beastmen in the bottom of the wardrobe? Your asking for them to get smashed.

I make sure my models are where nothing can fall on them.

TheDarkDuke
24-02-2010, 20:24
That definetly sucks bad. Unless of course you bought one of those razorgors, then i hardly would consider an accident(That monstrosity would frighten any one). Hell i would probably take those books and start bashing any razorgor model i saw to pieces.

Commodus Leitdorf
24-02-2010, 21:45
Sucks (oh GOD how it must suck) But don't harp on it. She feels guilty enough I can asure you. It's not like an actual person was hurt or anything, just plastic soldiers (even if you put alot of love and care into them...still just plastic soldiers)

Put them aside for a week and then head back and try to figure out how to repair this disaster. You'll be able to think over it better once your head has been cleared.

Lijacote
24-02-2010, 21:46
Take this chance to stop playing Beastmen, have wife buy you dark elves!

Everyone wins!

:angel:

vampires are cool!
24-02-2010, 21:47
I know that feeling - its almost like you have been betrayed. My worst case was a cat sitting on a unit of pikemen and snapping them totally apart.

In fact, whilst we're on the subject of bad feelings, i recently had my nearly finished golden daemon piece nicked by a random passer by. No idea which one it was but i felt so awful when i found out.

shredshredxx
24-02-2010, 22:14
man, that's awful. my heart goes out to you, and i'm amazed you didn't turn bright green and ultimate-rage-HULKSMASH your wife on the spot.

i can only hope you didn't have any beautiful and inventive conversions of one of the new rare modelless big gribblies involved in the catastrophe.

i've had a similar thing happen, albeit on a smaller scale. i have 4 dogs, all just under a hundred pounds or so. they like to chew things that they know they shouldn't. i've had a couple models here and there turn into plastic bits on the floor, and my black knight standard bearer, converted from the plastic empire knights kit and the new vc skeletons, mysteriously disappeared right after painting...

but the worst of all was definitely the time i spent the better part of a month scratchbuilding a black orc warboss. it was my first attempt ever at scratchbuilding anything, and i thought it was awesome. i came home one night to find little tiny bits of green stuff and plasticard on the floor of almost every room in my house. /:

Toshiro
24-02-2010, 23:07
My heart bleeds for you man!

I've been very fortunate in these kinds of things, closes I had was when I was visiting my parents a few months ago and my mom managed to knock over my case and spread my newly bought orcs and goblins all over the floor, luckily most of the stuff survived without any harm :)

Palantir
24-02-2010, 23:23
Looks like someone's gonna get extra lucky tonight ;)

And sorry about the minis man. Ouch.

bnrweimann
24-02-2010, 23:47
Sorry to here it.

Worst I ever had was self-inflicted. Game at the LGS went longer than intended and I was running late to meet my wife for a movie and dinner. Quickly packed up my army and didn't notice one of the cases wasn't closed. Picked the case up and turned around rapidly at the same time. Top of the case flew open and two Eldar Vypers and three of the then new plastic war-walkers that I'd heavily converted into 'action poses' slammed into a brick wall. Hard. Pretty much mangled. Haven't had the heart to try and put the war-walkers together to this day.

Shamutanti
24-02-2010, 23:56
Sucks (oh GOD how it must suck) But don't harp on it. She feels guilty enough I can asure you. It's not like an actual person was hurt or anything, just plastic soldiers (even if you put alot of love and care into them...still just plastic soldiers)

Put them aside for a week and then head back and try to figure out how to repair this disaster. You'll be able to think over it better once your head has been cleared.

This.

10chars

sabre4190
25-02-2010, 00:14
Break up with her. Right. Now.

Tzeentch Loyalist
25-02-2010, 00:33
i went on vacation and when i got back i found my converted dark elf master on pegasus was smashed on my garage floor. A friend was looking after my placeand he accidently knocked the shelf and he fell off. a few months later i was heading to a fanasy tourney and he fell out of my hand as i was getting my models out of the car and he shattered on the pavement. i was saddened and tried to put him back together, but he didn't fit back together well. stupid gravity.

Zarryiosiad
25-02-2010, 01:14
2001 Dallas Grand Tournament. I had my 5th edition Dark Elf army sitting on a wheeled plastic cabinet when one of the wheels broke off and the entire thing fell over. Every miniature in the army was damaged in one way or another, and several never recovered. The sound of the cabinet and the army falling to the ground made the convention hall go completely silent for several moments, and I had about two hundred pairs of eyes watching me as I had to try and salvage my army from the disaster.

Just the other day my wife and her sister tried to capture a stray cat that had a broken leg. They brought the cat into the house, where he promptly flipped out and attempted to climb up a cabinet containing several miniatures. His precision was uncanny: he skipped the dozens of cheap plastic miniatures on the case and went straight for the really important pieces: stegadon, carnosaur, two Chaos War Shrines, and a couple of Kroxigor were knocked off the cabinet and onto our hardwood floors. My wife was mortified, and was actually afraid to tell me what had happened. And to make matters worse, the cat had to be put down anyway. On the bright side, I'll be getting a new glass display cabinet out of it as soon as I can find one I like....

Zarryiosiad

Commodus Leitdorf
25-02-2010, 01:16
I also find it kind of amusing that Harry Potter singlehandedly took out your entire Beastmen army.

Expecto Patronum

Dantès
25-02-2010, 01:30
Expecto Patronum

According to my girlfriend, Expecto Patronum is just an attack, Aveda Kedavra is the KILL spell :p hahah

Does this mean Warhammer<Harry Potter?

A friend once put one of the thick GW cases on top of his car and drove away to go get cigarettes...found the hard case still stuck onto the top of his car a mile away at the gas station :wtf:. Another friend did the same with his 2000 point 40k orcs...except they were in a shoebox...and flew off on the highway...

Cragspyder
25-02-2010, 01:30
Harry Potter is OP.

Also, I would have to vote for kinky bedroom antics.

Arjuna
25-02-2010, 01:37
If you are old enough and from the USA you may remember at the beginning of the program, ABC's Wide World of Sports, when the narrator says the "ignominy of defeat" there is some poor sad sack alpine skier going out of control 90 mph into what surely was a crippling accident. Painful to watch and having your beastmen army owned by Harry Potter sounds similarily painful and inglorius as that skier wiping out!

Johnnyfrej
25-02-2010, 01:58
Start by never letting her forget it.

outbreak
25-02-2010, 02:20
I'd be going for the bedroom antics plus burning those harry potter books. Not that you need an excuse to burn those horrible books :P

The worst i've had is after spending hours assembling my horrid screaming skull catapult model that shipped bent out of shape, painting it meticulously, taking it to it's first game where it managed to win me 3 games in a row (first 2 panicing a bunch off the board first turn) i get it home and goto take it out of the box i'm transporting it in and it somehow slips out of my hand and falls onto carpet. Looks all in one piece but when i pick it up it's split in 2 places and falls apart. The funny part is no glue joints came undone it was the actual metal that snapped.

Xyon
25-02-2010, 02:46
Honestly, I agree with the opinion of "why were you leaving them in a place where this could happen" I know we dont expect these things to happen, but keeping your stuff in an area where this cant happen is better than a place where it might happen but rarely. Prevention Prevention Prevention!

Since this has happened, dont demand anything extra from her, I'm sure she understands how upset you are.

soots
25-02-2010, 02:51
Congratulations on receiving your lifetime pass to game anywhere, anytime and no limit budget on your WFB hobby, no questions asked!

Tenken
25-02-2010, 02:59
Now is the time to say "you know that room we aren't doing anything with? Yeah that's my designated hobby room now, so things like this don't happen ever again." Of course don't be so blunt about it. Be a little upset, but forgiving, hint at the idea of a designated model room/area, buy a desk and go "where could I possibly put this?":p

Void Reaper
25-02-2010, 03:03
Several years ago, me and a few friends were chatting after a Battlefleet Gothic game. I put several of the ships, including a metal battleship, in a box-lid, and, instead of righting it, I just put the bottom of the box down on the lid and figured I'd fix it later. One of my friends, who has moments of intense scatter-brained-ness, saw that the box was upside down and righted it. The ships inside clattered like crazy. I looked up at him and said, "You know the ships were loaded in there with the box upside down." "Oh, sorry," my friend says, and then flips the box over AGAIN. The ships clattered again and required a bunch of repairs. I didn't get mad---it so incredibly surreal that I just burst out laughing.

And yeah, I wouldn't get mad at my significant other for the Beastmen incident. Accidents do happen.

ftayl5
25-02-2010, 04:20
i beat some guy with my relatively new (back then atleast) ogre army. He threw a tantrum and trie to pull my tyrant's arms off, but he was too weak for my super glue

sorry 'bout your beastmen man...

Sygerrik
25-02-2010, 04:39
I just remembered another two stories:
Back when I was a wee tyke, before I played Warhammer, I played Mage Knight. Once I was playing on my rug and I took a knee and crushed me Techun... the most powerful, rare and valuable figure in the game.

More recently, I was carrying my Warmachine and Hordes armies in a case out of a mall. I dinged the door with my case, the latches popped open somehow, and my entire two armies spilled out onto the wet, cold concrete. And while I was gathering them up I missed my bus.
FML.

Hicks
25-02-2010, 04:39
I know if my GF did that to one of my armies, she would feel so bad she would probably buy me a new one.

I wouldn't be too mad against her though, since my gaming minis are expected to suffer dammage at some point. The stuff I really don't wan't to see dammaged is in a cabinet anyway, so there are zero chances of something falling on them.

Tenken
25-02-2010, 04:42
i beat some guy with my relatively new (back then atleast) ogre army. He threw a tantrum and trie to pull my tyrant's arms off, but he was too weak for my super glue

sorry 'bout your beastmen man...

Wow thats nuts. Someone needs anger management.

Jind_Singh
25-02-2010, 05:43
No one has asked - but I will....

How are the books? Did they make it? Did any of them get hurt?

No?

Great news:D Lets tie them down with chains and rip out a page a day - making sure the other 2 are chained down in a posistion were they have to watch the torture!

I've had similar bangs and breaks - newly assembled, converted, and painted Ogre Hunter fell from the top of the desk onto the middle of the desk, bounced and fell on the floor - hitting the table leg on the way down!

Wife knocked it over trying to get something out the wardrobe - I was so mad!

Nunnja
25-02-2010, 06:02
I'm with Outbreak: Burn the vile tomes of the witch queen Rowling, and never let her badly written, LoTR 'lite' nonsense darken your doors ever again.

And commiserations, must suck to have your new models smashed like that.

Although I did think "Why were they in a wardrobe??"

snurl
25-02-2010, 07:57
Sorry to hear about your figures getting smashed. I had some newly painted figures fly off of my cars passenger seat when the driver in front of me slammed on her brakes at an intersection. Total breakage. Blows.

Grey Mage
25-02-2010, 08:07
What's the worst thing that ever happened tp anyone else re miniature vandalism?

I gave 6.5k of Eldar to a friend to hold onto when I moved to denver to work for a summer- I just didnt have the space to pack it in my car.

He in turn, decided to move to florida without telling me, and gave it to another person, a mutual aquaintence who was a friend of his, and gave him my contact information.

It took me almost 18 months to get my models returned to me- including a year of tracking the guy down, to learn the other guy had them. This other individual had seen me on many occaisions, but never mentioned that he had them- because I came back at the appointed time, about six weeks after he had received the minis. He felt entitled to them he later told me, because hed held onto them for more than a month and added some models to the list.

He also stripped the entire lot of them, including the first mini I ever painted, destroyed several conversions, lost some bitz, and his additions? Two warp spiders, 6 striking scorpions *compare to the 25 already in the list*.

He then wanted me to pay 200 dollars to get my army back from him.

The only thing that saved his scrawny little **** was the 3 year old near his feet, else Id have put him through the basement wall.

Yer wife had an accident, Im sure she didnt mean to... this was diliberate theft and extortion by a man who works in the security buisness and should have known better.

Accidents happen, forgive and move on- if you later **** up, you can now bring up the this incident to stay her wrath.

Krom The Eternal
25-02-2010, 08:10
I also find it kind of amusing that Harry Potter singlehandedly took out your entire Beastmen army.

Expecto Patronum

HAHAHA Omg I think I peed a bit when i read that one!!!

Mucho kudos for that

ftayl5
25-02-2010, 08:33
Wow thats nuts. Someone needs anger management.

yeah twas a little kid

Spiney Norman
25-02-2010, 09:34
Oooh, nasty, I remember a game a while ago, I was using Tomb Kings against wood elves. My bone giant lost a climatic battle with my opponent's treeman and got taken down. During the next turn my opponent brushed past the sideboard where the dead models were being compiled and the bone giant somehow ended up on the floor in like a million pieces.

Fortunately he was a good friend and I somehow managed to not kick his ass.

Urgat
25-02-2010, 09:55
I gave 6.5k of Eldar to a friend to hold onto when I moved to denver to work for a summer- I just didnt have the space to pack it in my car.

He in turn, decided to move to florida without telling me, and gave it to another person, a mutual aquaintence who was a friend of his, and gave him my contact information.

It took me almost 18 months to get my models returned to me- including a year of tracking the guy down, to learn the other guy had them. This other individual had seen me on many occaisions, but never mentioned that he had them- because I came back at the appointed time, about six weeks after he had received the minis. He felt entitled to them he later told me, because hed held onto them for more than a month and added some models to the list.

He also stripped the entire lot of them, including the first mini I ever painted, destroyed several conversions, lost some bitz, and his additions? Two warp spiders, 6 striking scorpions *compare to the 25 already in the list*.

He then wanted me to pay 200 dollars to get my army back from him.

The only thing that saved his scrawny little **** was the 3 year old near his feet, else Id have put him through the basement wall.

Ok, I read that kind of story so often on the net that I got to wonder... no offense, really, but how the heck do you people choose your friends? My friends, being, you know, friends, would tell me that they need to move too, and would ask me what I'd want them to do with my army. And they certainly wouldn't pick the one guy who appropriates things for himself after one month in his care. I mean, Your '"friend", he did it on purpose, right?

As for the topic at hand, well, no, never happened to me, I understood very fast that those things are fragile and need to be stored in a place only me goes to (on those little shelves, in the corner of the room, with NOTHING else next to the shelves, so nobody feels compeled to go nearby for any reason other than watching the little dudes).

Naeni
25-02-2010, 09:56
OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...............

I had loads of minis...mostly Vampire Counts and Dark Eldar..but also a fair amount of Space Marines and random other models [which I'd bought purely for painting] as well as a 40k rulebook, tonnes of paints/flock/etc....

I left it all, fairly neat in a few boxes at my parents when I moved to Cardiff, purely because I couldn't take everything I had anyway so left it for pick up on the next time I got down there with a vehicle..

During this time they announce they're moving house, having a complete declutter and pretty much binning most the things in the house so they don't have to bring it with them. Asked to save the Warhammer and I'd get it on my next trip

"Oh no we already binned that, you hadn't got it out in ages"

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Anyway woe is me, I'm just getting back to replacing my vampire army, and it HURTS! I'm skint.....and the idea of buying all those paints again......yeoach.

warlord hack'a
25-02-2010, 09:57
I have a lot of not yet finished/only base coated models and since I play O&G I have plenty more waiting if one model gets broken or smashed. As for my few converted/nicely painted finished models, I store these shock proof (for bigger models like chariots) or with magnets under their bases on a metal plate, you can keep them upside down and they still won't fall (no book dropping potection though)...

As for what to do with your wife, depends on her attitude towards your hobby: if she thinks you are spending too much time on it already, does not see the fun in it and is generally not really into it or supporting you, then arguing about it will only turn into a bigger fight. If she is supproting you and knows how much these models mean to you, then she will feel guilty enough already and there is little use to rub it in.

And in the end (famous lasts words before people bury me under cirtisism)
Monthy Python: It's only a model (or a bunch in your case)

WarhamsterJ
25-02-2010, 09:58
Although I did think "Why were they in a wardrobe??"I feel your pain but you and your missus have some serious storage issues.
Plastic miniatures unprotected in the bottom of a wardrobe and hardback books sitting on the top of some bedding? You guys have heard of bookshelves, right?
If I wasn't in the room to see it for myself I'd seriously suspect foul play...

J:)

marv335
25-02-2010, 10:07
It's your own fault for not keeping them in a case.
Not hers.

Dark_Knight
25-02-2010, 10:16
I think it is all good. If you get your minis broken just buy more. No worries. Painting can be redone. Vent your frustration and get excited about buying new miniatures. Your women does a lot more for you than a hobby that you put a few hours a week into.

GWItheUltimate
25-02-2010, 12:36
One of my friend was running on the ice with his 3500 pts O&G army in a box in his hands... and fell and I say AAAALLLLLLLLLLLL the O&G dancing everywhere in peices...

couples of seconds to scrap, many days to repair !

Grimmeth
25-02-2010, 12:53
Maybe you could try to get her to help you fix them up?

Quality time together doing something you enjoy - might even get her interested in the hobby (at least a little)
I'm gonna go with the majority here though and say best thing to do is try to remain calm about it all - chances are she already feels pretty bad about it - and it'll only strengthen the marriage.

Kievien
25-02-2010, 12:54
I feel your pain man! A few years ago, I had last place in a tourney and "won" a color of paint (randomly selected) and got Tentacle Pink. I then proceeded by putting that paint in the suitcase with my models. Clearly I must have had my brains set to "Non-active". When I came home I found my entire army of Orcs, spattered in pink!

Offcourse this was self-inflicted so I had noone else to blame... What a bummer...

Grtz. Kiev

sergio
25-02-2010, 14:31
i had a good portion of my dwarf army fall into a storm drain once, including all my characters. kragg, burlok, ungrim, kazador, the limited ed. bsb, etc.

it took us a while but we recovered all but maybe 3-4 models if i remember

Importman
25-02-2010, 14:37
I used to have a room at my olds place for modelling and painting. Then I came home one day (I used to work out of town) and I noticed some of my models tucked away in the corner in small pieces and whats worse is that some pieces were missing. Apparently my mum accidentally dropped a whole bunch of them from my working desk onto the carpet. What is not picked up was assumed have been vacummed up and never to be seen again....I was soooo angry back then I tell you what but looking back at it now they were only models and could be readily replaced.

Grapeshot
25-02-2010, 14:42
Curb your anger. Chaos is at work here...

N810
25-02-2010, 14:48
I know that feeling - its almost like you have been betrayed. My worst case was a cat sitting on a unit of pikemen and snapping them totally apart.

In fact, whilst we're on the subject of bad feelings, i recently had my nearly finished golden daemon piece nicked by a random passer by. No idea which one it was but i felt so awful when i found out.

Yea I came hope one day to find that my cat had chewed the standards off of my Engine of the Gods and had damaged Lord Kroaks standard prety bad too. :(

At least he didn't knock them off the table like he does with other things that hapen to be in his way like my lightning globe. :mad:

DarkMark
25-02-2010, 14:51
Proof that Harry Potter is the most annoying public school boy since Michael Portillo.

I manage to periodically drop minis, and I doubt a mashed up beastman will detract from the whole collection.

sliganian
25-02-2010, 15:20
All of you guys saying how much sympathy 'lovin' or extended benefits the OP will get from his S.O., you all are ASSUMING the degree to which the S.O. cares/empathizes that some of OP's 'toy got broken.'

Her: "Whoopsie! Some of your stuff got knocked."
Him: *speechless tears, falls to knees shaking holding shattered models*
Her "Oh. while you are down there, could you hammer in that quarter-round some more? It is loose." walks off whistling

Phazael
25-02-2010, 15:44
Personally, I think she did you a favor.....

Now you can go buy an army that actually works....

Malorian
25-02-2010, 15:47
All of you guys saying how much sympathy 'lovin' or extended benefits the OP will get from his S.O., you all are ASSUMING the degree to which the S.O. cares/empathizes that some of OP's 'toy got broken.'

Her: "Whoopsie! Some of your stuff got knocked."
Him: *speechless tears, falls to knees shaking holding shattered models*
Her "Oh. while you are down there, could you hammer in that quarter-round some more? It is loose." walks off whistling

If this happened it would be followed by my wife's current scrap-booking project 'accidently' falling into the washing machine...

:evilgrin:

Logan_uc
25-02-2010, 17:09
its a bad thing that your lovely painted models get trashed but it happens a lot of times to me, but not in that scale, but in the end you can glue them together and repaint them, they are just toy soldiers, no need to get mad at a loved one.

theman151
25-02-2010, 17:45
haha, those are some funny stories. My worst "accident" didn't occur to my figs, but my nephews. I took him (11 years old) to a magic tournament a couple of years ago, but since he didn't play he brought his hero clicks. Well, end of the day comes and I am ready to leave but he is still trying to work out some trade that obviously was not going to get worked out. Well I thought I would throw out an idle threat, something to the tune of

"if you don't get ready right now all your hero clicks are going to have a date with the microwave"... well apparently that is the totally wrong thing to say to an 11 year old that couldn't fully wrap their head around what exactly would happen in said microwave.

Long story short, my sister calls me the next day and says "Josh just melted a bunch of plastic figures in the [new] microwave and it is totally black inside, and he said you told him to do it". What the heck could I say? I think it was something like "well, I didn't tell him to, but I threatened to do it to him". I still hear about that one from her to this day.

GodlessM
25-02-2010, 18:02
Bummer that happened but I need to ask; if you really cared about the models why would you leave them in such a silyy place so carelessly???

Feefait
25-02-2010, 18:13
lol My wife dropped my army down a flight of stairs the other day. I feel for ya man. :)

Sygerrik
25-02-2010, 20:41
A friend of mine's cat knocked her Zarakynel, the Forge World Keeper of Secrets, off of her computer desk and all the spikes and things snapped off.

Boy, I just keep coming back to this thread, don't I? I'm pretty accident-prone.

Aiestz
25-02-2010, 22:03
Six months old dog. One forgeworld avatar. 'Nuff said.

Anvilbrow
28-02-2010, 22:12
2001 Dallas Grand Tournament. I had my 5th edition Dark Elf army sitting on a wheeled plastic cabinet when one of the wheels broke off and the entire thing fell over. Every miniature in the army was damaged in one way or another, and several never recovered. The sound of the cabinet and the army falling to the ground made the convention hall go completely silent for several moments, and I had about two hundred pairs of eyes watching me as I had to try and salvage my army from the disaster.
Zarryiosiad

This is eerily similar to the 98 Seattle GT. A buddy of mine set his Dwarf army on a chair and another player trying to squeeze his giant gamer bulk past it tipped it over and everything slid off to the floor. Same result. Total silence as everyone looked to see whose army was down. Good thing it was Dwarfs, I think of all armies, they'd stand up to it better. Must be the toughness and high armor save...

Grey Mage
28-02-2010, 22:21
Ok, I read that kind of story so often on the net that I got to wonder... no offense, really, but how the heck do you people choose your friends? My friends, being, you know, friends, would tell me that they need to move too, and would ask me what I'd want them to do with my army. And they certainly wouldn't pick the one guy who appropriates things for himself after one month in his care. I mean, Your '"friend", he did it on purpose, right?

As for the topic at hand, well, no, never happened to me, I understood very fast that those things are fragile and need to be stored in a place only me goes to (on those little shelves, in the corner of the room, with NOTHING else next to the shelves, so nobody feels compeled to go nearby for any reason other than watching the little dudes).

To be honest, Id known the guy about a year and this is the first time Id ever entrusted anything to him like that. As to why/how he chose the other guy... Ive heard several stories from the guy offered, to my "friend" selling them to him, to he was the only one my "friend" could get ahold of.

Ill probly never know.

duffybear1988
28-02-2010, 22:23
dude that sucks. Maybe get a gun and shoot her ;) nowhere serious... just enough so that she feels the pain you do...

na im just kidding

Once a long time ago I had just built a massive fortress for whatever army I was doing at the time (a mix of IG and marines if I remember correctly). Well anyway my grandad came around and walked right on it! Busted it wide open which was a pain. Then another time my dad caught the hem of his trouser leg on the gun barrel of one of my tanks and kicked it into the next room... yeah that was bad. I also dropped our stone doorstop on a platoon of IG and sat on some dark eldar that were on my bed. My mum also attempted to vacuum my room one day and smashed the hose-pipe thingy against my desk with all my models on it even though she "was avoiding it completely" since then I have done most of the housework in my house :) so I guess it paid off for her at least.

I also smashed a land speeder on the floor at day 1 of a 2 day tournie... that (or more likely my swearing and punching) scared the crap out of the 200 or-so people that were there.

theunwantedbeing
28-02-2010, 22:32
Seems to me that you were a bit silly for hiding her harry potter books above the wardrobe.....

catbarf
01-03-2010, 02:28
The worst thing that's happened to me is every $*^%ing time I pick up my Biovores I nick some @#$%ing piece on some other !@$#ing model and have to do touch-up work to hide the glaring pewter.

Also:

My worst case was a cat sitting on a unit of pikemen and snapping them totally apart.

All hail Kevlar Cat. I've injured myself on Night Gobbo spears many a time, you sure your pet isn't really an armadillo?

Grimm Toof
01-03-2010, 04:04
Prized classic Azhag meets pillow as brother and I goof with airguns. Yeah had that one coming...

3k necron army meets hardwood floor as WHOLE CABINET comes down from daemonically positioned vacuum cleaner cord, thankfully no one hurt as the cabinet was glass. Had that one coming too for playing necrons.

Worst ever?

Gigantic Ork Bomma actually flies as airbrushing staging table in the garage gets a long thick leather leash wrapped around it from runaway monster doberman pincer (the thing is so cute you cant blame him) and catapults it twenty feet out of the garage (car doors were open) and into a far off ravine across the road. Still havent found the damn wing. Now that one wasnt my fault XD.

PS. Has anyone noticed this guy posting back, seriously hope he doesnt consider divorce fo realz.

Glabro
01-03-2010, 09:19
A player at a club I lent my fully painted Lizardmen army to decided to pick up the suitcase-turned-into-figure-case they were in before checking if the case was actually shut.

All the models fell 4 feet down.

He did buy the army later, though.

Kukkelukke
01-03-2010, 09:27
Recently my lady broke my Skaven minis too :( We were discussin when she took my paint station and raped it :(