PDA

View Full Version : questions about bestial surge and skirmishers

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
24-02-2010, 20:21
the bestial surge spell states that you move d6+1 inches toward the closest visible enemy unit. If no enemy unit is within line of sight, the unit moves directly forward d6+1 inches.

in the case of man sized characters and skirmishers, which way would 'directly forward' count as, since they have a 360 line of sight?

Haravikk
24-02-2010, 22:52
Skirmisher units should usually have a facing anyway as you shouldn't really be deploying them such that they're facing all different directions or anything, and if they moved then they should be facing whatever direction they moved in.

If you're not sure though you could always roll a scatter dice? With their 360 line of sight though they shouldn't have a hard time choosing an enemy to move toward.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
24-02-2010, 22:59
true, but i was thinking if they were behind a wood and i cast it, and therefore couldt draw LOS. another bestial surge question i have is, is the character who cast bestial surge also effected by the spell?

stripsteak
24-02-2010, 23:26
skirmishers don't have a facing until they are engaged in close combat. I haven't really seen a consistent way of doing this. The ones i've seen are:
a) continue moving in the direction of their previous move
b) move toward the opponents table edge
c) scatter dice, the hit either being to use the little arrow, or owner chooses.

Ganymede
24-02-2010, 23:59
GW has ruled in previous situations that the unit moves in a random direction. They took this tact when evaluating where squig hoppers will go when they roll a 6 for animosity and are nowhere near enemy models.

Ramius4
25-02-2010, 00:14
I'd use a scatter dice.

As for the caster of the spell, yes, he is affected by it as well. As the spell says, "All friendly units within 6"..." Key word there being ALL.