PDA

View Full Version : 2000pts High Elves for a Friend.....

Your Mum Rang
09-02-2006, 21:03
Hallo all. My mate at uni is sans internet and would like me to ask for your help to come up with a list for him. He likes the High Elves and would like a more magic heavy but not TOO magic heavy as he wants people to like him :D

One thing he demands is that it include the Truthsayer as he loves the magic list and the Character too! I agree. His magic list is awesome.

This is his current list. We whacked it up last night:
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````
Prince:
Additional Hand Weapon - Shield - Shadow Armour - Bow of the Seafarer
212pts

Truthsayer:
265pts

Mage:
Lvl 2 - Silver Wand - Seer - Pure of Heart
170pts

Mage:
Lvl 2 - Dispel Scroll - Dispel Scroll
170pts
20 Spearmen:
Full Command
250pts

16 Spearmen:
Full Command
206pts

5 Silver Helms:
Full Armour
115pts

5 Silver Helms:
Full Armour
115pts

5 Silver Helms:
Full Armour
115pts
6 Shadow Warriors:
90pts

6 Shadow Warriors:
90pts

12 Swordmasters:
Champion
154pts
Great Eagle:
50pts
2002pts

Flypaper
09-02-2006, 23:24
I'd mount that prince on something - like an eagle, say - 'cause he's looking rather vulnerable if he's on his own, or too hard to manouvre into a good shooting position if he's in a unit.

...Actually, I'd suggest dropping him entirely, or at least demoting him to Commander. He doesn't serve that much of a role, and you could use the points on combat models.

The sixteen spearmen would be better off as fifteen (assuming you don't want to bulk them up to twenty). Five wide means three extra attacks if you get charged in the front...

The Helms could use some Musicians, and I'd swap the Swordie champ for a muso as well.

...Man, the points disappear fast in a High Elf list, don't they? :p

Your Mum Rang
09-02-2006, 23:31
Yeah it's scary!

The commander deploys with one of the Shadow Warriors units.

Major Defense
10-02-2006, 00:16
What the heck is a Truthsayer???

Azazel
10-02-2006, 01:09
Those good guys from the Albion Campaign.

Eldacar
10-02-2006, 02:20
This (http://redelf.h1.ru/w6/albion/a_truthsayer_e.html) is a Truthsayer, in case you didn't know.

shadowprince
10-02-2006, 04:09
good list but rather too infantry based for competetive high elfs.

Major Defense
10-02-2006, 11:25
This (http://redelf.h1.ru/w6/albion/a_truthsayer_e.html) is a Truthsayer, in case you didn't know.Er so is this character *official* and why didn't I notice him in the PDF containing the Armor of the Gods?

szlachcic
10-02-2006, 18:02
The sixteen spearmen would be better off as fifteen (assuming you don't want to bulk them up to twenty). Five wide means three extra attacks if you get charged in the front...

I disagree with this as the extra 3 attacks are rarely going to do anything. I prefer units of 16 as you get the rank bonus (as long as you haven't taken causualities) and it is easier to move around the board. I would only expand the frontage if the troops have more than one attack or a special ability that would benefit from maximum damage (such as Swordmasters or Executioners).

Even though it is an infantry list and won't be that competetive like shadowprince said, I don't think it is a big deal. I have more fun with Elven infantry lists anyways, so I say go for it. He just has to realize that he can't charge one on one with a unit and expect to win.

Keller
10-02-2006, 18:17
Er so is this character *official* and why didn't I notice him in the PDF containing the Armor of the Gods?

Yes, the Albion characters (Truthsayer, Dark Emisarry, and Fen Beasts) are all official. They are not in the PDF with Armor of the Gods because that PDF is only the Treasures of Albion. You need to get one for the campaign, or just the characters. The 2003 Chronicles also has them, as well as the magic items, printed in it.

Your Mum Rang
10-02-2006, 18:24
Yeah he appreciates that his units won't win one on one battles. He wants to force himself to combine charges and make the army a little less "point and click"...

Eldacar
11-02-2006, 02:14
Er so is this character *official* and why didn't I notice him in the PDF containing the Armor of the Gods?
They are official. They aren't in the PDF containing the Armour of the Gods because they came out in a later issue of WD (I think in Australian terms, it was WD263 that we got the items and the Truthsayer/Dark Emissary/Fenbeast were made official in WD267).

Major Defense
23-02-2006, 13:13
*bump*

I play FB with friends but I wouldn't impose a special character on them unless I had an "official" source to reference (i.e.: book, WD, GW site). So can anyone tell me which US issue of White Dwarf has the Truthsayer in it? Chronicles 2003 shows up on eBay but for too much to justify the use of one character.

Your Mum Rang
23-02-2006, 17:14
I would pay actually. Any Mage that lets you give each unit in your army one dead model back is great. Plus its only 7+ to cast!

Major Defense
23-02-2006, 19:13
http://redelf.h1.ru/w6/albion/a_truthsayer_e.html

The more I look at the guy the more I think this info must be wrong. So far I'm guessing that he takes a hero choice and costs 265 points. What I don't understand is how this is the only elf to ever have T4 and the staff...are it's attacks magical? Hell, maybe I should just bite and find the book.

Your Mum Rang
23-02-2006, 19:15
He aint an Elf. He's human IIRC. Like a Native American kinda character.

Eldacar
24-02-2006, 00:31
So far I'm guessing that he takes a hero choice and costs 265 points.
He takes a Hero and a Rare choice.

What I don't understand is how this is the only elf to ever have T4 and the staff...are it's attacks magical?
He isn't an elf. He's a human. And yes, attacks made with the Staff of Light count as being magical.

ROCKY
24-02-2006, 01:13
I saw the dark emmesary pdf thanks to eldacars link, but I do not see a point cost. does anyone know if its the same like the truthsayer's cost?