PDA

View Full Version : WoC specific questions

Narcissus
25-02-2010, 14:52
Hi everyone,
A few strange situations came up in my game yesterday.

1. If a character has Armour of Morsliebb and then rolls the 4+ ward save on Eye of the Gods, do these stack? I don't think so myself.

2. When using infernal puppet do you have to declare if you want to modify the score up or down BEFORE rolling the D3? (Ex. could I roll a 2 and then decided after if I want to move it up or down?).

3. Can a character declare a charge and a unit declare a charge on the same target (similar to character charging out)? For example, my exalted on a steed of slaanesh wanted to be able to charge a unit even if the charge failed for my knights. Can they both declare separate charges on the same target?

GWItheUltimate
25-02-2010, 14:56
1. No

2. No, you can decide after the roll.

3. If there're on the same unit, they charge together... even if the character has more mvnt, he cannot charge alone while his unit failed their charge.

Milgram
25-02-2010, 15:19
1) no, if a character has both items, use the better save.

2) you can decide afterwards and you can change it UP TO the roll, so you can always leave it on the original result or move it by 1, if you roll a 2.

3) if a character declares a charge without the unit, the unit may not declare a charge at all. so you have to decide whether they charge together or the character alone.

Narcissus
25-02-2010, 19:03
1) no, if a character has both items, use the better save.

2) you can decide afterwards and you can change it UP TO the roll, so you can always leave it on the original result or move it by 1, if you roll a 2.

3) if a character declares a charge without the unit, the unit may not declare a charge at all. so you have to decide whether they charge together or the character alone.

2. Are you sure that you can opt not to change it, or to change it by only part of the amount? I hadn't heard that before. Would like to hear more opinions.

3. I thought that a character in a unit could declare a charge on a separate target. For example, unit charges target X, character charges target Y...?

New question: Dragon Ogres, 50x50 base or 40x40 in warriors of chaos army. I had heard 50x50 before, but a guy ripped me in a recent game for not having them on 40x40...

Thanks for the answers everyone.

Avian
25-02-2010, 19:12
2 is covered in the WoC FAQ page 6 and is in any case clear by the book. It is UP TO, so any amount not greater than the roll is fine.

3 is covered on page 73 of the rulebook.

Dragon ogres have been on 40 mm bases for more than a decade now.

Milgram
25-02-2010, 21:23
40x40 and US3 Infantry.

Narcissus
25-02-2010, 23:58
40x40 and US3 Infantry.

Argh. Thanks for the answers everyone. I had googled the base size for dragon ogres before and found 50x50 to be the consensus. So I based them on 50x50. Now I'll have to rebase them. Will be easier to move them on 40x40 though... Thanks again.

Last question, I searched the FAQ and couldn't find the answer. Can bloodcurdling roar be used to stand and shoot (as it is a shooting attack)?

Zaustus
26-02-2010, 00:42
No, since it specifies that it may be used in "[your] Shooting Phase" and Stand and Shoot happens in the movement phase.

The precedent here is from the High Elf Reaver Bow, which has similar wording (you can shoot 3x in your shooting phase). In the HE FAQ, in response to the question "can you stand and shoot 3x with the reaver bow?" it says "no (it can only fire three times in its Shooting Phase.)" (Emphasis mine)

Milgram
26-02-2010, 05:45
No, because you are not equipped with a shooting weapon but a have skill that is used in shooting phase.

there are exceptions to this, but they are clearly noted (banshee howl).

Narcissus
26-02-2010, 05:47
I figured as much. Thanks for the clarification on the rules everyone!