PDA

View Full Version : 3k pts Goblins and some orcs.

the_night_reaper
09-02-2006, 22:44
Here’s my all (well mostly) goblin army. I did use 2 units of savage orc boys for a ranked unit with a little more punch. The amount of attack they can put out makes them deadly, especially the big’uns.

:EDITED:
Characters: 768pts
Black Orc Big Boss: Drog’s Dead ‘ard armour, Warboss Umm’s best Big Boss’s ’At, ead butting ‘at, great axe- 226pts
Goblin Great Shaman: lvl 4, Dangly Wotnotz, Ditto’s Double Doin’ Doo-Dahs - 240pts
Goblin Big Boss: Red Raggity banner, wolf- 122pts
Goblin shaman: lvl 2- 90pts
Goblin shaman: lvl 2- 90pts

Core: 1681pts
30 Night Goblins: Spears, full command, 2 fanatics-160pts
5 Goblin wolf riders: spears, musician- 61pts
20 Savage Orcs: Spears, full command-188pts
20 Savage Orc Big’uns: Spears, full command-228pts

Special: 302pts
Squig herd: 4 night goblins, 7 squigs, 2 squig hoppers- 142pts
spear chuckas: orc bully- 40pts

Rare: 170-pts
doom diver catapults: orc bullies- 85pts
doom diver catapults: orc bullies- 85pts

total: 2999pts
270 models
12 power dice
7 dispel dice

Any comments/ suggestions/ compliments? Or is this perfect?
*note I haven’t bought this army…yet as I’m still deciding on which army to choose as my next fantasy army.

warlord hack'a
10-02-2006, 06:50
you lack leadership and have too many units that are vulnerable to panic, like wolfriders and nightgobbo's, beware of panic tests (most likely caused by your own fanatics hitting your units..) or your enitre front will go running (of course the savage orcs will stay put)..

You mention two warbossos running around to keep the Ld high, but only your general can do that (and you have only one general), the other warboss must be in a unit to bost Ld.

get a BSB, you will need it

why 6 wolfriders, the 6th one does not add anything but perhaps an extra attack, get all of them 5 and one of them 8 with light armour for the +1 rank bonus, something like that..

the rest of the army looks nice, not my style but nice!

DarkTerror
10-02-2006, 06:53
20 Savage Orc Big’uns: Spears, full command-128pts

Points don't seem right here... typo?

Otherwise looks like a fun army to play (and against)

the_night_reaper
10-02-2006, 13:57
I edited the list. Righted some point costs too.

I changed my characters around a lot. I took out both goblin warbosses in favour of a black orc war boss and a great shaman. The I dropped 3 goblin shaman's too make points for these 2 lords and a bsb.

I dropped the wolf units down to 5

Now this leaves me with 79pts. So I have a few options, I can get buzgobs knobbly staff or staff of badduum for my great shaman. I can get a few dispel scrolls (which is my least favourite options btw), I can get 5 more squigs (which would be fun), another unit of wolf riders and I'm sure there's others that I'm over looking

warlord hack'a
10-02-2006, 14:07
get something for the shaman, he costs a lot so deserves to be boosted a bit.. black orc warboss, that's more my style ;-)!

the_night_reaper
10-02-2006, 14:22
Should I get the knobbly staff or baduum;s staff? and if I do get one of them what should I use for the other 29 pts?

MadJackMcJack
10-02-2006, 15:25
I would replace 2 chukkas with a bullied lobba, and consolidate 2 of the wolf rider units into a 10-gobbo unit with light armour and a standard bearer and musician. The lobba could be used against any large blocks to create carnage and weaken any dangerous units, and the large wolf rider unit can make an excellent flanking unit.