PDA

View Full Version : Fleeing into charging units

dil
20-03-2005, 00:02
Well firstly, lets see (and hope) if any of my "rules lawyers" are here again ... and yes this is a complement.

Scenario;
rat pack (skaven) charges fleeing dwarf unit. In same declare charges phase unit of clan rats declares a charge into flank of slayers.
Charges done in sequence so rat pack run down dwarf unit. Due to this dwarf standard bearer (yes on his own behind dwarf lines where rat pack was) failed panic test and fled directly into the path of the charging clan rat unit.

What should happen here;
1) all charges are moved and then and only does the panic test take effect. Since all chargers have moved the dwarf standard bearers flees around all these units.
2) all charges are moved and then and only does the panic test take effect, but since all units are deemed to move at the same time the dwarf standard bearer moves in the path of the charging clan rats and is run down.
3) all charges are moved and then and only does the panic test take effect, but since all units are deemed to move at the same time the dwarf standard bearer moves in the path of the charging clan rats but then flees again away from the clan rats (assumes here can flee twice in same phase).
4) charges are done in sequence and results. dwarf SB is in the way of the charging clan rats, he cannot flee twice in the same phase and is run down.
5) charges are done in sequence and results. dwarf SB is in the way of the charging clan rats, but flees away from the clan rats (i.e. can flee twice in the same phase).

Ta ... and damn damn good to see Portent alive again ... no more nasty shocks please!!!

mageith
20-03-2005, 14:59
Scenario;
rat pack (skaven) charges fleeing dwarf unit. In same declare charges phase unit of clan rats declares a charge into flank of slayers.
Charges done in sequence so rat pack run down dwarf unit. Due to this dwarf standard bearer (yes on his own behind dwarf lines where rat pack was) failed panic test and fled directly into the path of the charging clan rat unit.

What should happen here;

Charges are done in strict order of declaration.
The SB will not test for panic until the end of the phase. (80) "Note that most panic tests are taken at the end of each phase...."

Rule 4) states: "...must take a panic test once all charges are complete but before the close combat phase..."

Lord xian
21-03-2005, 00:46
yup, mageith is as correct as usual.

ugh. only one post, and my avatar is gone forever.... :(

dil
22-03-2005, 22:42
Thanks guys ... thats two of my "rules lawyers" found :)

Festus
01-04-2005, 09:20
Hi

yup, mageith is as correct as usual.

ugh. only one post, and my avatar is gone forever.... :(
I see little has changed :)

But my avatar is gone for good also...

Greetings
Festus

dil
01-04-2005, 21:16
Yep nothing has changed ... two of my "rules lawyers" are still here :D ... just not as often :mad: