PDA

View Full Version : GW Customer Service?

mdauben
26-02-2010, 04:12
Anyone have any experience with GW's recent customer service? I tried contacting the US Customer Service regarding a missing part from a plastic kit I had bought almost a month ago. So far, no response and no part. :(

I have not had occasion to need anything for a while, but in the past a simple email used to bring a replacement part relativly quickly. Have things changed or should I just keep waiting?

frozenwastes
26-02-2010, 07:24
Call their toll free number. I know email would make more sense, but calling works better.

Marshal Argos
26-02-2010, 07:50
I'll 2nd this. Pick up the phone and talk to a human, or better yet go down to your local GW and talk to a human face to face.

Sleazy
26-02-2010, 08:34
que many people posting again their tales of free stuff.....

suffice to say the customer service is the area where GW still outstands.

Bubbatron
26-02-2010, 08:56
well it seems they have slightly changed now - i had a problem with some tyranid ravenors - the sprue was miscast and looked a little melted - i called gw and was asked to send it back in the post and when they received it they would send a replacement - seemsl ike they have gotten wind of the free stuff con people must of tried in the past

Gaz Taylor
26-02-2010, 09:26
I can only comment about the UK side of things but GW have a pretty good customer service record. If I've had a problem I've either called Mail Order or gone to my local store and they've fixed it.

mdauben
26-02-2010, 18:18
Well, I finally got a response from GW. :mad:

Their response was "call us on the phone". If I wanted to call them on the phone I would have done it in the first place. WTF is the point of having a customer service email if you are just going to tell people to call!?

Now I'll have to wait until next week to call them because I'm not home and they said to have the box in front of me becuase they needed some info from it, even though I gave them all the info in my original email.

GW Customer Serive used to be the best in the industry and a large reason for their strong customer loyalty. At this point, even if they do replace my missing part they have succeded in pissing me off anyway.

So, assuming they send the part out right away its going to be something like five weeks I've been sitting on this model, unable to assemble it becuase of their mistake. :(

Lazy jackwads.

Pick up the phone and talk to a human, or better yet go down to your local GW and talk to a human face to face.
See my comment about the point of having a customer service email. Plus, I hate GW drones, I don't want to talk to them on the phone and the nearest GW store is a three hour drive away. It would be cheaper to just throw the whole model in the trash and buy another one that drive there for a replacement.

ICLRK625
26-02-2010, 18:42

Their response was "call us on the phone". If I wanted to call them on the phone I would have done it in the first place. WTF is the point of having a customer service email if you are just going to tell people to call!?

Now I'll have to wait until next week to call them because I'm not home and they said to have the box in front of me becuase they needed some info from it, even though I gave them all the info in my original email.

GW Customer Serive used to be the best in the industry and a large reason for their strong customer loyalty. At this point, even if they do replace my missing part they have succeded in pissing me off anyway.

So, assuming they send the part out right away its going to be something like five weeks I've been sitting on this model, unable to assemble it becuase of their mistake. :(

Lazy jackwads.

See my comment about the point of having a customer service email. Plus, I hate GW drones, I don't want to talk to them on the phone and the nearest GW store is a three hour drive away. It would be cheaper to just throw the whole model in the trash and buy another one that drive there for a replacement.

It's an extremely easy process to talk to somebody over the phone, you're making it sound like you have to cut off your own foot. The person you talk to isn't going to try to sell you Baneblades and Tactical Marine Squads, he's going to ask for the numbers on the inside of the box after you describe the problem to him, and then he's most likely going to send you an entire box of whatever it is you're having a problem with for free, I honestly don't see how this could be even a slight issue.

But hey, if that's no good, just buy another box, probably easier, right?

mdauben
26-02-2010, 19:03
It's an extremely easy process to talk to somebody over the phone, you're making it sound like you have to cut off your own foot.

I don't want to talk to them on the phone. I don't even like talking to my family on the phone. :p
Due to my schedule and circumstanses, it is very inconvenient for me to make time during normal buisness hours just to call them. :(
Once again, what is the point of having a customer service email, if you will not provide any actual service to your customers vial email?
Why, after I have contacted them via email should I have to contact them again on the phone? :wtf:

he's going to ask for the numbers on the inside of the box after you describe the problem to him,
Which info they already have becuase I sent it in my multiple emails. :rolleyes:

Yeah, in the end its not really that big a deal. Its just annoying and I felt like ranting a bit. :angel:

Ujio
26-02-2010, 21:45

Lazy jackwads.

Lmfao QQ moar? Its quicker and cheaper for you to actually phone them and get it sorted right away than sit on this forum huffing like a child.

Llew
26-02-2010, 21:52
But not nearly as convenient. See...here he doesn't have to waste time on a phone call.

I've had jobs that I could find time to e-mail easily, but couldn't get 5 minutes for a phone call during business. There are such things.

In short, if you're not going to actually *use* your customer service e-mail, then just don't bother with it.

Marshal Argos
26-02-2010, 22:34
Sure sure, there's some jobs where it's faster to shoot off an email. And there's plenty of business's out there that will try to fix a problem over email, but depending on the problem some things still need to be handled over the phone.

Personally I think your acting like a 10 year throwing a hissy fit because you have to pick up a phone for for the first time in your life. But of course that's just my opinion.

Ujio
26-02-2010, 23:03
em, how about phoning them in your lunch break?

mdauben
27-02-2010, 03:54
Personally I think your acting like a 10 year throwing a hissy fit

sit on this forum huffing like a child.
Bite me. Bitching about GW for any reason I damn well please is my god-given right as a gamer. :p

byteboy
27-02-2010, 06:45
I work night shift (12hrs a day/5 days a week), so trying to wake up before the customer service center closes is not easy; however, it is doable. When I purchased the new Tyranid codex, I found 30pages missing from the book. One five minute call resolved the issue and a couple of days later, a complete codex arrived in the mail.

Seriously, it is not hard and GWs customer service is extremely good. No issues with them since I started the hobby 10years ago.

Gazak Blacktoof
27-02-2010, 11:56
The point mdauben is trying to make is that the customer service is supposed to make things easier for the customer. He shouldn't have to pick up a phone if he doesn't want to- he's already got an email contact and finds using the phone inconvenient.

They're there to assist not cause more hassle.

He's paid the appropriate amount of money, that's the only requirment that should be placed upon him to get the product as described. Its bad enough they screwed up without making him jump through unnecessary hoops.

Marshal Argos
27-02-2010, 12:09
and my point is that it can be that some problems require a phone call. Read GW's contact page. It says "Use this number to report problems with an order, let us know about missing or damaged components, or have us answer any queries about your order." That mean pic up a phone and dial the provided number. It never says, write us an email or send us a letter.

grissom2006
27-02-2010, 14:00
Ummm lets see what gets them the most feed back and direct answers to what is the problem. The email or actually being able to direct the questions more clearly and fully understand the issue. I've read email complaints on products and then seen the actual goods before now, and i can tell you now they often don't match up. Yet when it's talked through on a phone and then seen the goods i've never actually had the problem.

So you hate picking up a phone tough luck on that as most companies hate dealing with email complaints that end up detailing incorrect info to them 90% of the time. Thats why they prefer direct contact and post phone numbers the email is for less serious CS contact.

Earl_UK
01-03-2010, 12:06
i bought a battle of the Five Armies last year, one of the goblin sprues was a mis-mold.

I called them even with my frantic lifestyle and the such.

A very nice person an the other end said im sorry about that, we cant send out a single replacment for the sprue so we will send you a complete box.

Top quality customer service.

taffeh
01-03-2010, 12:42
I've had quite good GW customer service. They are always happy to help, as they know - they help more and they will gen more sales.

I ordered a blister of Censor Bearers from store to get delivered to another store. Things got messed up and they never arrived. I called up, they got that sorted, then I asked to ammend the order to include 2 additional blisters. They gave me 1 for free as an appology.

Was really happy!

Ujio
02-03-2010, 00:40
Bite me. Bitching about GW for any reason I damn well please is my god-given right as a gamer. :p

yea and thats gonna get your problem sorted. Have fun with that.

Crazy Harborc
02-03-2010, 01:04
On this side of the pond, it's smart to phone the company. Baring that, send them a letter (NOT e-mail).

A company IS entitled to a return of a broken, damaged and or wrong part item's return. The company is supposed to pay for shipping the item to them. THEY are supposed to pay the return shipping. In many states THAT'S the law.

Hicks
02-03-2010, 02:33
I have an old blister of dwarf king on shieldbearers missing a part and I sent GW the serial numbers on the blister and they said they'd send a replacement the day after I sent my email.

I also took pics of badly cast shields and they also said they would replace them. I don't expect to get freebies and would be very happy with just the parts, but yes, GW answered fast and still offers a great service.

gwarsh41
02-03-2010, 15:04
I dont get why you would have beef calling them, but no beef email them. Both phone and email customer service are probably in the same building. Over in the US they are no drones! I worked tech support enough to know what its like to be a drone. The call took 3 min, probably because I ordered online.