PDA

View Full Version : Which should I buy?

Samus_aran115
26-02-2010, 17:21
'alo. I'm torn....Just torn... :cries:

I'm a non-tyranid player, but I want to buy I monstrous creature, just to paint it and display it around my room.... But I can't decide which to buy..

Okay, so should I buy a Trygon... Or a hive tryrant?

Don't try to talk me out of it. I play CSM, but I'm getting bored with painting them, so I want to get a giant tyranid to try out new painting techniques. I might play nids' eventually, so both would would be okay to buy in advance. I personally would love swarmlord, but they don't sell those..;)

Okay....FEEDBACK!

BTW, I have like 50 bucks, so I could buy either, but I don't want to buy old one eye,lictors, carnifexes or anything else..yet.. So don't suggest those.

DoomedFuture
26-02-2010, 17:51
Buy the Trygon, and make it a daemon prince.

Vepr
26-02-2010, 18:27
The Hive Tyrant is a great model, one of my favorites. Unfortunately it is metal. The Trygon is also a great model and goes together with very little fuss. Unless you don't mind working in metal I would recommend the Trygon.

Samus_aran115
26-02-2010, 18:36
The Hive Tyrant is a great model, one of my favorites. Unfortunately it is metal. The Trygon is also a great model and goes together with very little fuss. Unless you don't mind working in metal I would recommend the Trygon.

The hive tyrant is plastic. At least it doesn't specify on the the site..... Anyway, I thought the trygon was a great model too. Also, if it turns out to be a limited run model, I'll be pretty well off. I like the hive tyrant, but it might not be the best collector's item.

xerxeshavelock
26-02-2010, 18:38
The hive tyrant is plastic.

Don't think so

Samus_aran115
26-02-2010, 18:38
Buy the Trygon, and make it a daemon prince.

Hah, my original plan was to buy a daemon price, so it's pretty rad you came up with that. I might paint it to look like a daemon prince, like throw some icons on it. haha.

Samus_aran115
26-02-2010, 18:39
Don't think so

Yep, it is. It comes with a bunch of biomorphs and optional pieces, so I doubt it's metal.

Blackwolf
26-02-2010, 18:40
Don't care what the website says the Hive Tyrant is metal unless you are talking about a forgeworld one which would be resin. The Trygon is a new plastic kit so it will not be limited release where as eventually when they do a plastic hive tyrant the metal will become a classic range then a collectors range and then it will become a true collectors item.

Samus_aran115
26-02-2010, 18:45
Don't care what the website says the Hive Tyrant is metal unless you are talking about a forgeworld one which would be resin. The Trygon is a new plastic kit so it will not be limited release where as eventually when they do a plastic hive tyrant the metal will become a classic range then a collectors range and then it will become a true collectors item.

Ooookay, then. I'll take your word for it. No one I know plays nids, so I've never seen a hive tyrant before.

ED: Why do you sound so angry?

texancowboy
26-02-2010, 19:44
the body of the hive tyrant is metal, all of the arms are plastic.

Lord Malorne
26-02-2010, 19:47
Trygon, easily the trygon.

Ulrig
26-02-2010, 20:04
The hive tyrant is plastic. At least it doesn't specify on the the site..... Anyway, I thought the trygon was a great model too. Also, if it turns out to be a limited run model, I'll be pretty well off. I like the hive tyrant, but it might not be the best collector's item.

I assure you....that you are wrong.
I own one
The Torso, head,legs and tail, bonesword and lashwhip are all metal
Everything else is plastic.

Lord Malorne
26-02-2010, 20:09
Yeah my mate has a huge army, all metal as Ulrig says.

Blackwolf
26-02-2010, 20:29
Ooookay, then. I'll take your word for it. No one I know plays nids, so I've never seen a hive tyrant before.

ED: Why do you sound so angry?

Sorry if I sounded angry. It was not my intent. I was just trying to present the facts.

velkore1134
26-02-2010, 20:32
Yep, it is. It comes with a bunch of biomorphs and optional pieces, so I doubt it's metal.

No...it's metal

Creeping Dementia
26-02-2010, 21:55
Trygon is deffinately the better model.....
but I'd get a Forgeworld Greater Daemon instead. They are stunning, and since you play Chaos you'd actually be able to use it. And being a Daemon it gives you some style flexability.

But the Trygon is a much better model than a Tyrant.

(IIRC the Tyrant is a hybrid model, with some weapon options being plastic and everything else in metal)

Archangel_Ruined
26-02-2010, 22:44
The trygon is the better looking, more impressive show piece model, I'd go with that.

genestealer_baldric
26-02-2010, 23:43

i can 100% safely say the Hive tyrant is metal well the 5 i have are and unless a new model snuck out out in the last 48 hrs count on them being metal, the only plastic in the kit is weapons.

I personally think the Tyrgon is a outstanding model and looks amazing on a table or on a display case so i vote for that

Thrax
27-02-2010, 02:52
I thought I remember seeing some place that they were going to start making an all plastic tyrant at some point in the near future. Really don't know for certain.

genestealer_baldric
27-02-2010, 11:01
I thought I remember seeing some place that they were going to start making an all plastic tyrant at some point in the near future. Really don't know for certain.

yeah that rumour kept popping up in the nid thread before they were sold, but it may of had a element of truth but it may in the stage 2 realise but at the current moment they are still metal.

Rogzor87
27-02-2010, 12:03
Forgeworld Lord of Change mhmm.. I want that model so bad. it looks amazing and its HUGE!!!!!... If oyu want a Daemon then. Be'Lakor..... if you want a Hive Tyrant or Trygon/Mawloc... then Tyrgon/Mawloc... the Predator Face look is amazing.

torgeir42
27-02-2010, 17:20
Tyrgon all the way. Hive tyrant is kinda meh.