PDA

View Full Version : 2k orcs and (night) goblins

Grimm Toof
26-02-2010, 22:06
Hey everyone, this is my first WFB army list in over 5 years, so please be very critical and direct, as I want to learn what is kosher and what is not as fast as possible. I really went for the goal of a well rounded army with this, however I may have avoided a deathstar too much, and left my HQ a bit handicapped, but i dont really know. Here it is in all its glory, my army list.

CHARACHTERS:

Black Orc Warboss w/ Armor of Gork, Martog's Best Basha, Umm's best boss at, shield - 248 ( stuck in with boys)

Black Orc Big Boss w/ Eavy Armor, shield, Nogg's Banner of Butchery - 116 ( stuck in wit uvva boyz)

Night Goblin Shaman w/ Level 2, magic mushrooms, Lucky's Dirk - 100 ( with one unit of night gobs)

CORE:

Lump o' 30 boyz w/ shields, boss, banner, and a musician - 210

Annuver lump o 30 boyz w/ shields, boss, banner, and a musician - 210

25 Night Gobbos w/ bows, boss, banner, musician - 120

5 goblin wolf riders with bows, musician - 71

5 goblin wolf riders with bows, musician - 71

SPECIAL:

Chariot - 80

2 Spear Chukkas - 70

16 Black Orcs w/ shields, boss, banner, musician - 262

RARE:

4 trolls - 160

Snotling Pump Wagon - 40

I already have 20 boys, 4 trolls, and the night gob archers, as well as a chariot and a chucka, though if cutting some of them is a must, I wont cringe while it gets cut off (too much!) My only real worry with this list is that the night gobs may be a bit too pricey with the banners and bosses, as well as the fanatics for how tough and useful they may be. The pump wagon is probably the other weak link, as its not really a chariot, but weighting in at under 50 pts im not sweating it too much. Please, I beg for your comments and criticisms. Please?!

castlesmadeofsand
26-02-2010, 22:31
umm, your night gobs need to be bigger or smaller, they're kind of in no mans land at 25 with fc. i'd take out the 3rd unit and bulk the others out and give them nets or fanatics.
"night gobs may be a bit too pricey with the banners and bosses, as well as the fanatics"
you haven't listed fanatics.

personally i'd drop 1 troll and take a second pump wagon as well. also prob drop the boss and 1 black orc and get them a 25pt banner, maybe waaagh banner to give them a nice charge boost, could catch someone off guard with that.

no point at all taking a magic weapon on the ng shaman (also your points don't look right for this), a lot will tell you to not even go lv2. standard would be a shamen with some anti magic, either 2 scrolls or staff of sneaky stealing. also your black orc big boss with banner (bsb?) looks short on points as you have to give him the bsb upgrade to get the banner.

and if you find a deathstar for o&g you'll have done something no other o&g general has ever done!!

TMATK
26-02-2010, 22:54

and if you find a deathstar for o&g you'll have done something no other o&g general has ever done!!

Grimgor in a unit of 20+ Blorcs and the banner of butchery?

castlesmadeofsand
26-02-2010, 23:03
alright, maybe. but i wasn't thinking of special characters!