PDA

View Full Version : early prep GT tomb kings list 2k

kyinpie
27-02-2010, 14:01
as it looks like the new book wont be out for GT this year i have started looking at the list im going to take, also i will be taking this list to another tournement before GT.
well here it is:-

tomb king
light armour
DoE
coller

hirophant
cloak of the dunes
hiratic jar

priest
steed
staff of ravening

priest
steed
dispell scroll

archers x10 (priest here)
archers x10 (priest here)

light horsemen x5 (redirect charges and get in the way for the tomb gaurd and chariots)
light horsemen x5(redirect charges and get in the way for the tomb gaurd and chariots)

chariots x3
chariots x3

tomb gaurd x19 (king here)
champion
banner
icon of rakaph

scorpion
scorpion
carrion x3

cattapult
cattapult

total = 1998

hirophant will fly around out of harms way and close to where he's needed. the king and TG will act as eithier a surprise flank charge with the icon or an anvil, the chariots will come in and help out. the light cav will mess with frenzyed troops to allow a flank charge with the TG/chariots or just redirect charges. the carrion will go warmachine hunting or used as redircting charges depends on the opponent.

i have used this list alot and found it some times works well and sometimes falls apart, some times its just poor dice rolling :) i just need a fresh pair of eyes to see any holes in the list or advise. although i have been playing tomb kings for 6+ years im always open to advise from others.

thanks ky

Zetari
28-02-2010, 12:31
who is you hierophant? and are the catapults uppgraded?
but other then that its kinda nice.

sirens_slave
28-02-2010, 15:10
Very similar to the list I play regularly.

I think it's a little light on the magic defence with only one scroll.

Im not a fan of units of 10 bowmen - they seem to break too easily what about a unit of 20-25 instead with BoTUL acts as a larger bunker for the priests that can fall back into the horses if need be. My $2.

Pretty solid otherwise :)

kyinpie
28-02-2010, 16:07
hirophant is the priest on foot with the cloak, i couldnt afford the upgrade!

i will try the one big block and see how it goes!

Zetari
28-02-2010, 16:42
Very similar to the list I play regularly.

I think it's a little light on the magic defence with only one scroll.

Im not a fan of units of 10 bowmen - they seem to break too easily what about a unit of 20-25 instead with BoTUL acts as a larger bunker for the priests that can fall back into the horses if need be. My $2.

Pretty solid otherwise :)

big block with bowmen?
is't it better to make them melee warriors with spears insted? :o
since the point of archers is to not get them into melee

and to kylinpie.
Never mind the uppgraded catapult if your good at aiming with it then its okej ;P

sirens_slave
28-02-2010, 17:15
Any extra points spent on warriors is generally a bad idea. They are going to die regardless. The idea of the big block of archers is that it only takes one smiting to go off and also the fact that even when ranked they can still fire at hills, large targets and buildings. Also they are much harder to break than two units of 10. Whatever hits the unit of ten will generally wipe them out say they kill 3, 2 ranks, standard, outnumber (7CR) thats your unit of skele's gone in one turn due to crumbling. Sad times :(

Tomb Kings archers have the advantage that they will never break. So having a large unit allows you to do several things:

-shoot things as stated above
-hold a charge so you an get a flank charge
-never break
-outnumber therefore autobreaking (if they do win by themselves)

Two units of ten will only ever get a few more shots at ranked infantry but will never be able to compete with one large unit for utility.

Zetari
28-02-2010, 18:06
you do truly have a great point of what your saying :)

kyinpie
28-02-2010, 23:00
i have a gam with this list on tuesday, i will combine the archers and see how it pans out for me! thanks folks!