PDA

View Full Version : Need some recommendations for Beastmen

Coyote81
28-02-2010, 17:54
So this is the army I've been playing lately.

388 Beastlord Razorgore Chariot, Brass Cleaver, Trollhide Armor, Shield, Gnarled Hide (This guy is a troop killing machine, mops up block units, hell I "accidentally" leave his flank exposed to units of troops at times, to bait them into charging.)

125 Bray-Shaman lvl 1 Dispel Scroll x2 (blah, hate having to do this, can't wait for some change in the magic system) Lore of Beasts, Any spell would make me happy.

203 Gorebull BSB Hvy Armor, Shield, 2nd HW (I've found the break test re-rolls great, and having one unit of minotaurs starting with frenzy is very nice)

80 Chariot

80 Chariot

106 12x Gors 2xHWs Musician

106 12x Gors 2xHWs Musician

30 5x Ungor Riaders

30 5x Ungor Riaders

30 5x Ungor Riaders

30 5x Warhounds

30 5x Warhounds

(The core is a very basic compilation of screen/bait units, and lately I've been rather happy with my units of 12 gors. Although I have to remember not to run them in front of dwarven block units. I find the chariots are very useful, and a almost required part of core choices. Against shooting armies I take one unit of gors and ungors as ambushers.)

187 3x Minotaurs 2xHWs Musician

199 3xMinotaurs GWs Musician

70 5x Harpies: Scouts

(I sometimes take a 2nd unit of harpies, but I've been risking it a little since I have ambushers backup against shooting armies. What can I say about minotaurs, they're amazing. Decided I needed to take one unit of can opener type for knights and such. The Gorebull will join one depending on which army I'm fighting. Against super heavy shooting he might end up in a unit of gors.)

275 Ghorgon

275 Cygor

(I find the Cygor to be amazing, but then again I've got lots of experience with guess range weapons from playing O&G. I still have trouble remembering to make people take they LD tests at the magic phase. The Ghorgon is the 2nd best choice in the rare list IMO. And at times he can be a beast. Had him at 11 attacks in a game against LM. He's also my anvil. I might have taken 2x Cygors but playing my friends this week who play in a league with some restrictions on duplicate special/rare choices. Oh well.)

2244 Total
3 PD
3 DD

Overall it's a rather balanced force, I think. I'd think I'd get a decent comp score. But I'm looking for any comments and advice to how I could adjust it to make it better, especially since I have upcoming games against a few opponents that are bound to have lots of fear/terror tests coming my way.