PDA

View Full Version : what is the best lore for beasts?

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
28-02-2010, 20:20
looking at the army lore (and the rule book) im finding it difficult to conclude which lore ill use in most of my games. im thinking lore of the wild for my greater bray shaman but as for my other shamans, the other rule book lores (particularly shadows) are very tempting. so...which lore wud you say is the best for beasts?

Coyote81
28-02-2010, 20:28
Honestly I think the Lore of Beast is the best, even for a Great Bray-Shaman. With Lore of Shadows a close 2nd, followed by Lore of the Wild and Lore of Death.

I rank them like this because of the cheap casting values of the Lore of Beast and the Beastmen casters lack of access to items that buff their casting abilities. I've tried it out, even with things like powerstones and such. Just failed to cast the expensive stuff, or miscast on the times when it would have been successful.

I'm sticking to my Beastlord. Can't miscast 9 leadership.

Spiney Norman
28-02-2010, 20:29
I would stay away from shadows unless you're giving it to a level 4, the lore is very up and down, it has a couple of great spells and some really terrible ones, you don't want to pay points for a level 2 shaman and get stuck with the crown of taidron and steed of shadows. Giving it to a level 4 will increase your chance of getting the two gems (pit of shades and unseen lurker), and make it easier to get the (comparatively) high casting value spells off.

The lore of beasts is a good strong lore for a level 2.

Bladelord
28-02-2010, 20:33
Iyou don't want to pay points for a level 2 shaman and get stuck with the crown of taidron and steed of shadows.

I actually thinks that those 2 spells are a nice combo for a lvl.2 Wizard.

o0-NattyMcFatty-0o
28-02-2010, 20:39
i really like steed of shadows. The combo i was thinking was shadow of ghorrok onto a wargor with BSB and then steed of shadows him into a unit of knights or a blood thirster, however, im now thinking, what does bear's anger actually change on ur stats cos that cud replace mantle of ghorrok.