PDA

View Full Version : 3.000 Heavy anti VC list not so friendly

Alltaken
28-02-2010, 23:14
Slann
3 Disp (focus of M, Focused R, Becalming C)
Cupped Hand
Staff of sorcery

Saurus
Carno
Light armor
Bane Head
Glyph Necklace
Burning Blade of Chotec
Maiming Shield

Suarus SV
BSB
Light Armour + Shield
Huanchi's Blessed Banner
Cold One

Skpriest
lvl2
EOTG
Tepok (extra spell)
DS

Skpriest
lvl2
EOTG
Cube of Darnkess

15 Spear Sauri
standard bearer

10 skink skirm
10 skink skirm

16 Temple Guard
standard bearer
Plaque o Dom

5 Cold One Riders
Standar bearer
Warbanner

3 Terradons
3 Terradons

How does it look? I plan to place both the BSB and the Carno lord on the COR unit, and hope for a 2+ on the Huanchi's roll and massacre any thing that comes on the way. Recently my rival has been playing a Red Fury + Blood Drinker + Crown of the Damned in a black guard unit, with a Wight King BSB: Flag of Blood Keep so no metal magic for me :(

That has brought no end to my head aches since I played a more frienbly list before, even included Teto'ekko for fun. MY friend really likes playing this big, bug I prefer 2.000 points so I want to make a pretty nasty list to want to go back to 2.000, he says vamps can go all the way on the 3.000, so I'll give him all my love and hope to be able to stop that magic factory that spams so much zombies everywhere!!!

Gaargod
01-03-2010, 19:40
You do know Spirit of the Forge is not a magic missle, so ignores Flag of Blood Keep? Flaming, so ignores regen too. Very fun spell against blood knight deathstars (what's that? 2+ on 2D6 to remove models?)

I'm not so sure on the carnosaur lord loadout. What are you expecting him to do? Sort of... not built towards anything at the moment. Also, don't put him in a cold one unit. He's more flexible outside, and you can still combo charge (relying on Huanchi's is generally a bad idea).

riotknight
01-03-2010, 21:24
You're short 1 core for 3k.

Metal is amazing for dealing with Blood Knights, and you can use the first spell to snipe at his general. Drop the Carnosaur lord for another Engine, or a Skink Chief with a warspear, better investment IMO. Make the Slann your BSB and buff up the TG to 20, that'll make them able to weather a charge from BKs.

Malorian
01-03-2010, 21:27

Core... the arch-enemy of the powergamer...

riotknight
01-03-2010, 21:33
Core... the arch-enemy of the powergamer...

It's why I brought WoC to the national tournament, and not high elves! (Even HE required 4 core, which is retarded...)

Alltaken
01-03-2010, 22:18
You do know Spirit of the Forge is not a magic missle, so ignores Flag of Blood Keep? Flaming, so ignores regen too. Very fun spell against blood knight deathstars (what's that? 2+ on 2D6 to remove models?)
I'm not so sure on the carnosaur lord loadout. What are you expecting him to do? Sort of... not built towards anything at the moment. Also, don't put him in a cold one unit. He's more flexible outside, and you can still combo charge (relying on Huanchi's is generally a bad idea).
Umm, didn't read that, it has to be a magical missile to be considered for the banner? hmm maybe my bad then, this makes many a thing less necessary. GOOD

I put him in the COR unit for the Huanchi's effect. We play on a 40" area, 8" is deployment area, so theres 24" of distance, by turn 2 normally cav charge, his black nights unit marc and charge 16", I'm waiting on him to move 4" turn 1 as to make shure I can't charge and eh can get in charge distance more or less that turn. And I have to get close to drop some vamp or he's just gonna spell zombie and ghouls till I cant simply stop em all.

So I plan to move another 4" or so inches. Aproximately hoping for a 17" to 16" distance diference (taking into account it's my movement that should bring this distance to come, he's not expecting huanchis, I never used it, so on a roll of 3+ I'm getting charge and duel overkill his lord level Vamp with carno+bane head 6 or 7 attack oldblood.
This unit is terribly nasty as it is and it can go charge just any other unit and probably win. I'm betting all my money on this unit.

If I can join 2 heroes (BSB+Carno) together to make 1 unit then I have no need for the COR unit. Carno alone has less chances to charge, potentially, that's the huanchis reason.
Though I can put some swarm's ther, I've used to lovely effect a huge jungle swarm unit last time against HE.

hmm I knew that extra sauri unit left a hole somewhere, forgot to check core basic request, ok less terradons, more skinks, weee

after playing 3 games at 2k with 2EOTG's (first two games) and reading some posts here and there here at warseer I came to understand how powergaming's not fun. So I want to try to force that conclusion to my friend who is playing what I believe to be a :cheese: list. 12 PD is just not fun to play against. Even though I had 7 DD last game.

Jermayan
01-03-2010, 23:06
Maybe I am being too liberal on my interpretation on the Flag of Blood Keep, but I was under the impression that its essentially any attack thats not Close Combat. The Army book words it as "ranged attacks of any kind." (emphasis mine) It then gives Magic Missiles as an example among others. As a very new player to the game I may be reading it wrong and am willing to be corrected, but the wording lends itself to being a very effective item for the points.

Alltaken
01-03-2010, 23:12
Maybe I am being too liberal on my interpretation on the Flag of Blood Keep, but I was under the impression that its essentially any attack thats not Close Combat. The Army book words it as "ranged attacks of any kind." (emphasis mine) It then gives Magic Missiles as an example among others. As a very new player to the game I may be reading it wrong and am willing to be corrected, but the wording lends itself to being a very effective item for the points.

True, but the top tier are known for having certain beauties here and there like this one. There's a nice word on the item description: ...(including war machines, templates, magic missiles, ETC)... and that's the lovely word that pretty much ruins metal lore's most powerful magic. We do however have a spell that may break an item or render it useless 1 turn. Though casting both spells against a VC with 4 or 5 casters is pretty complicated since the only spell they really take into consideration are those.