PDA

View Full Version : Females in the 41st millennium.[CLOSED]

Draxonicar
28-02-2010, 23:22
Seriously, can all the feminists please go roll double sixes on the perils of the warp table?

Ok, we get it, there aren't any female space marines or Custodian guard. That. Is. It.

Females get SoB, SoS and most callidus assassins.

Shadowsun is a girl

Guard has women in it

Necrons USED to be male/female

Tyranids are.. asexual things...

Dark eldar have both genders used (wyches are mainly female)

Eldar dont really care about gender

Orks are asexual, but have margaret thatcher (say ghazgull Mag uruk thraka slowly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margaret_Thatcher

Daemons are theoretically asexual, but daemonettes might be considered female, atl least in looks

and finally:

GAMES WORKSHOP'S TARGET AUDIENCE IS ADOLESCENT MALES, NOT FEMINISTS

You can go play Barbie horse adventures if you can't take 40K

Lord Asgul
28-02-2010, 23:24
Seriously, for some reason...I fail to see the point of your rant...

Draxonicar
28-02-2010, 23:27
Seriously, for some reason...I fail to see the point of your rant...

Just venting about reading annoying posts about female space marines, really

We need a rant section....

Or AT LEAST a dedicated thread

Lord Damocles
01-03-2010, 00:22
If you've got a point to make, it might be better to use a slightly 'calmer' tone.

As it is, this thread is either going to turn into exactly what you seem to be ranting against or be locked/wasted in pretty short order.

Kurgash
01-03-2010, 00:23
I chuckled quite a bit. Very amusing.

spetswalshe
01-03-2010, 00:34
Huh. And here I was hoping for a plastic human head/torso in a Guard, Sisters of Battle, Empire, Bretonnian or Warriors of Chaos release. Because we've got several hundred male ones, and you'd think even with gender imbalances there might be at least one. But it turns out wanting a mixed gender Guard unit is feminist. I just thought it'd end up in the barracks being a lot more tidy.

Seriously, can you imagine if there was a human female head in a boxed set? Bitz services would sell out faster than they do with the powder monkeys.

Eldoriath
01-03-2010, 00:48
Yeah, many players actually want some female guard to represent the fact that both males and females are drafted into service. Modell-wise it would be awesome.

IcedAnimals
01-03-2010, 01:11
this thread was a huge let down. If you want to rant about how people are complaining there are no female space marines do it in the thread where people are complaining. (Which btw I haven't seen a female space marine thread in...months)

catbarf
01-03-2010, 01:15
If you want an accurate representation of the Guard fluff, with men and women treated and equipped equally, then special models with ridiculously oversized breasts and hips is the last thing you want. Under flak armor you shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

SandQueen
01-03-2010, 01:33

It states quite clearly in Index Astartes 1 that female marines are impossible due to the genetics and psycho-conditioning involved.

I dont feel hindered or oppressed at all when it comes to 40k. I play Eldar which there are a ton of female models for and in some cases I've used putty to make models into females. All my Harlequins are girls as is my Seer council but my Autarch, and most of my raw infantry are male.

Few people actually understand the proper definition of a feminist, its really upsetting to me sometimes when people think feminist means choosing women over men.

SandQueen
01-03-2010, 01:35
If you want an accurate representation of the Guard fluff, with men and women treated and equipped equally, then special models with ridiculously oversized breasts and hips is the last thing you want. Under flak armor you shouldn't be able to tell the difference.

some of the Tanith models are female and dont have obscene proportions, they're just normal looking women with lasguns and snazzy cloaks

wazatdingder
01-03-2010, 01:36

The problem is, when you try to geneticly alter a woman into a Space Marine, they turn into Blood Angels:eek:

SandQueen
01-03-2010, 01:39
The problem is, when you try to geneticly alter a woman into a Space Marine, they turn into Blood Angels:eek:

that was disgusting. You should feel bad.

Pooky
01-03-2010, 01:39
There is a 'tank girl' model in the schaeffer's last chancers gang...

Also, I know some girls who play and are right into the hobby. I also met an absolute hottie who was an expert painter and a decent general. Although it did creep me out a little when she stroked* her Hive Tyrant and Carnifexes during my turn.

*No, that's not a euphemism, you sicko.

SandQueen
01-03-2010, 01:45
There is a 'tank girl' model in the schaeffer's last chancers gang...

Also, I know some girls who play and are right into the hobby. I also met an absolute hottie who was an expert painter and a decent general. Although it did creep me out a little when she stroked* her Hive Tyrant and Carnifexes during my turn.

*No, that's not a euphemism, you sicko.

I stroke my fireprism and my wave serpents, I think they're sexy

catbarf
01-03-2010, 02:14
some of the Tanith models are female and dont have obscene proportions, they're just normal looking women with lasguns and snazzy cloaks

Tanith, mind you. On Cadians, there'd be no way to tell under all the armor.

SandQueen
01-03-2010, 02:20
Tanith, mind you. On Cadians, there'd be no way to tell under all the armor.

But from a fluff standpoint I dont think any women would be allowed into the Cadian guard. On Cadia all women are probably relegated to having as many babies as possible to keep up the flow of fresh meat to the grinder. Tanith needs all the bodies they can get because there arent any more. Cadia needs people to make new bodies.

dnanoodle
01-03-2010, 03:06
If for nothing else, modeling and painting female figs offers more variety on that end of the hobby. Also Eldar has Banshees as a female aspect. And it seems many people consider most Farsees female when they refer to them as "she". Maybe GW should make more variety in their figs, but really the players out to model things as they want. Converting some cross dressers isn't the hardest modification to do out there. Much easier than when real ones do it haha

Olja
01-03-2010, 03:22
"In the Dark Future the is only war, and male chauvinism". ;)

Back in RT days, GW did have a few female IG. Apart from one Catachan model with a grenade launcher they haven't done anything else. No one seems to care though. Are female Space Marines really needed? I think not.

I give the OP a 4 on a scale of 10 for that rant.

Samus_aran115
01-03-2010, 03:24
Margret thatcher, lol.

velkore1134
01-03-2010, 03:45
Women can't even manage spiders and icky creepy crawly things, let alone a 5 story Tyranid clad in tentacles and moving mouth parts

sabreu
01-03-2010, 03:47
I don't think it would be particularly hard or demanding to the sculpist to make one female cadian on the sprue.

Hellebore
01-03-2010, 03:50
If they did I hope they shy away from the Z cup megachested space elf look the guardians have going on. :p

I'm not sure what's worse, not presenting females in more units or doing so but only with models that have barbie proportions...

GW isn't into the warcraft bikini and high heels look though which is something I greatly respect (the not being into it thing...:p).

Hellebore

SandQueen
01-03-2010, 04:19
Women can't even manage spiders and icky creepy crawly things, let alone a 5 story Tyranid clad in tentacles and moving mouth parts

Here, hold my Gucci hand bag while I load the Smith and Wesson model 29 under my seat. I dont want to get splatter on it.

philbrad2
01-03-2010, 06:27
Think this one is just about done before it descends into every sexist cliche on the face of ancient Terra.

PhilB
:chrome:
+ =I= + WarSeer Moderation Team + =I= +
WarSeer Posting Guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=rules#faq_posting_guidelines)
The WarSeer FAQ (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php)
The WarSeer Moderation/Posting/Forum guidelines (http://www.warseer.com/forums/faq.php?faq=the_forums#faq_rules)