PDA

View Full Version : What size is Valkia?

Lord Baali
01-03-2010, 01:15
I assume she is normal warrior model size but her statline is very deamon prince like. I want to absolutely sure before I begin butchering perfectly good models.

Deroga
01-03-2010, 02:39
I assume she is normal warrior model size but her statline is very deamon prince like. I want to absolutely sure before I begin butchering perfectly good models.

Pretty sure its on a 25x25, like most warrior models.

shredshredxx
01-03-2010, 04:34
yep, she's the same size as any other chaos lord [:

Orcboy_Phil
01-03-2010, 14:43
23x25 base as she seems roughtly man sized by her pic in the book.

BigbyWolf
01-03-2010, 15:49
I'd be very, very careful about discussing a ladies size in public...

Bodysnatcher
01-03-2010, 16:48
Solution, put her on a flying stand so you can mout her on either a 25mm or a 40mm base.
As a flyer she can't join units so a 40mm base isn't going to be a terrible handicap. Having said that she only has US1 so should be on a proper base.

tmarichards
01-03-2010, 16:54
In accordance with GW's clear and legible policy of base sizes- whatever size you feel like.

apbevan
01-03-2010, 17:40
Only characters on flying mounts can't join units, as she is not mounted so she may join units.

sorberec
01-03-2010, 18:39
I'd be very, very careful about discussing a ladies size in public...

Reading her fluff she doesn't come across as terribly lady-like...

Bodysnatcher
01-03-2010, 18:50
Only characters on flying mounts can't join units, as she is not mounted so she may join units.

Always an iffy one, as you're either a flying monster or a flying unit. Unmounted monsters can't join, and neither can flying units.
Hmmm.. The joy of quandries.

Poseidal
01-03-2010, 18:58
Reading her fluff she doesn't come across as terribly lady-like...

Her fluff section mentions what happened when a Slaanesh Daemon prince made comments of the like.

His head now adorns her shield.

apbevan
01-03-2010, 19:27
She is quite clearly not a flying monster which is not a designation but rather a combination of 2 designation of being a Monster and Flying.
Nor is she a flying unit which is a designation given to a unit similar to "Swarm" or "Flying Cavalry" An example of a flying unit is Bat Swarms, please note how they are labeled as a flying unit.

As a flying unit can't join anything anyway, only characters may join units, I don't see the relevance on bringing it up.
The rules quite clearly state that "Character" can join units as long as they are not mounted on a flying steed, nothing iffy here.

R-Love
01-03-2010, 19:32
Her fluff section mentions what happened when a Slaanesh Daemon prince made comments of the like.

His head now adorns her shield.

Maybe her being called "The Blood Queen" is not in reference to being a worshiper of Khorne? :D (I'm really sorry, that was bad)

Bodysnatcher
01-03-2010, 19:36
No, read the second paragraph under flying models. You're either a flying monster or a flying unit.

Avian
01-03-2010, 19:40
So what? Neither prevents you from joining a unit if you are a character.

apbevan
01-03-2010, 20:04
Yeah I read it but their opening statement is obviously wrong as you can have Flying Characters that are not monsters and Flying Cavalry which are treated like flying units with some differences. This is clearly identified in the opening section for "units of Flyers".

Regardless of this what exactly is preventing her from joining the unit as the restriction is on characters on flying mounts.

zak
01-03-2010, 20:16
I agree there is nothing preventing her from joining a unit. Otherwise characters with magic cloaks or such that allow them to fly would not be able to join units.