PDA

View Full Version : Test you Warhammer Skill

T10
01-03-2010, 13:15
Your opponent has just attempted to charge your Blood Thirster with his Empire Captain on a Pegasus. What is the proper course of action?

Poseidal
01-03-2010, 13:23
There's nothing you can do about it. If he's in range and the charge is legal he'll get in since the 'thirster isn't allowed flee as a reaction.

Alathir
01-03-2010, 13:23
i chose...

Get the hell out of there, i dont want a sword of fate+speculum up my ass.

Poseidal
01-03-2010, 13:24
I forgot to add, remind him of any relevant psychology he checks before he's going in.

Stegadeth
01-03-2010, 13:45
I think I know this answer.

What skill? You're playing demons.

Leogun_91
01-03-2010, 14:08
As there is nothing I can do I might as well bellow with a mighty warcry and accept the challenge that is bound to come, then I did at least die fluffy.

grumbaki
01-03-2010, 14:26
Well, you can't flee...but if you have obsidian armor then his sword of fate can't hurt you. Then hope that he doesn't have VHS (I'd be more afraid of seeing that on a wizard) and if you survive the charge, then countercharge with something else. Preferably something with ranks or a unit champion to take the challenge. Beat him in combat, break him through fear, and run him down with the bloodthirster. In theory at least. :)

Memnos
01-03-2010, 14:28
Cry, because you're immune to psychology and can't flee?

If an Empire anything charges your bloodthirster, it's because they have Van Horstmann's Speculum. You are dead. I'd remind him to take a fear check, but if it passed, it's over for Senor Bloodthirster.

Onidan
01-03-2010, 14:29
Since you get the option to countercharge I assume the charge failed.

In that case I get the heck away, otherwise (the charge connects) I pray to the dark gods :(

On the other hand he might anticipate that reaction (and my expectation of the Speculum) and might have used a bluff...

Good thing I donīt play Deamons and donīt play against Empire ^^

sigur
01-03-2010, 14:31
I call back Bloodthrister, send in Magicarp and order it do perform a SPLASH ATTACK!

EndlessBug
01-03-2010, 14:38
Stegadeth's got it!

While mocking him for not being ItP.

BigbyWolf
01-03-2010, 14:39
Cry, because you're immune to psychology and can't flee?

Can you cry if you're immune to psychology?

I'd vote "None of the Above"

If I was playing the Daemons I would immeadiately pack up all my toys and belittle my opponent for using anything as cheesy as a Pegusus in the OTT army that is Empire!

Agnar the Howler
01-03-2010, 15:03
You watch as the captain attempts the charge, only to find himself 1" away from your bloodthirster.

Memnos
01-03-2010, 15:09
Can you cry if you're immune to psychology?

I'd vote "None of the Above"

If I was playing the Daemons I would immeadiately pack up all my toys and belittle my opponent for using anything as cheesy as a Pegusus in the OTT army that is Empire!

Hahahah. And Bigby wins the thread.

T10
01-03-2010, 15:19
Yup. Empire is too L337.

Gorbad Ironclaw
01-03-2010, 16:09
Kill him with whatever else happens to be in the army? It's an Empire character, shouldn't take much more than some Nurglings or whatever :p

And then the Bloodthirster can can eat the rest of the Empire army in peace.

Enigmatik1
01-03-2010, 16:46
I call back Bloodthrister, send in Magicarp and order it do perform a SPLASH ATTACK!

Magicarp?!? WTH...Goldeen! :p

Sygerrik
01-03-2010, 19:55
Bloodthirster, that's enough, come back!
Skulltaker! I choose you!
psssshhhew
SKULL SKULL!

mattjgilbert
01-03-2010, 20:22
Other: point out that if the captain dies, you own his soul. If your blood thirster dies, he just sulks in the warp for a while and then comes back to take revenge on the captains grandkids...

R-Love
01-03-2010, 21:48
CHARGE! Rip the little mortal's head off to lay at the base of the Skull Throne and bind his soul to writhe in eternal damnation upon your banner! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE THRONE OF KHORNE!

:evilgrin:

In all honesty, It depends. If He doesn't make the Charge, I'm going to assume it's because he doesn't actually have the Speculum and wants to make you think he does (how often do you fail a charge with a flier?), and if he's bluffing on the bluff or makes it, well, you're screwed, so sacrifice a goat to the Dice Gods, anoint yourself in it's blood and pray. With any luck, he'll want to get away from the nutjob rubbing goat's blood all over his body. (Victory by default!) :D

Devil Tree
01-03-2010, 21:58
I'll tell you what you do, you charge him.

Because while you may loose to his VHS, there is nothing more pathetic in the world than the physical personification of the God of War, Bloodshed, Slaughter, Decapitation and Destruction running away from some guy riding an oversized My-Little-Pony, waving a tiny mirror and calling you bad names.:wtf:

Do you have any idea how embarrassing that would be for Khorne? You don’t want to make Khorne cry?:cries:

Djekar
02-03-2010, 05:36
Do you have any idea how embarrassing that would be for Khorne? You don’t want to make Khorne cry?

Actually, as Khorne is the God of Rage, among other things, I would image that making him embarrassed would help fuel that rage. Maybe he'd thank me for it?

ChaosVC
02-03-2010, 05:49
This is the most corny post ever.

BigbyWolf
02-03-2010, 13:57
Do you have any idea how embarrassing that would be for Khorne? You don’t want to make Khorne cry?:cries:

I'm assuming Khorne also has the mark of Khorne, therefore, like the 'Thirster, would be unable to cry.

This is the most corny post ever.

Are you sure?

The SkaerKrow
02-03-2010, 14:05
This is the most Khorney post ever.Fixed your typo.

BigbyWolf
02-03-2010, 14:15
Fixed your typo.

SkaerKrow, thanks to your sig, any post you do must be the Khorniest post ever!

wyvirn
03-03-2010, 00:48
Not a big empire player, could some1 give me the summary of the seplcur thingy?

FailSafe07
03-03-2010, 01:21
In a challenge the Speculum lets you swap your Weapon skill, toughness, strength, initiative and attacks with your opponent.

wyvirn
03-03-2010, 02:38
Ohhh brutal. must keep oathstone away from VHS.

ChaosVC
03-03-2010, 04:31
I will shake hand with the empire player for a job well done. Then burn his gen on griffion with 12 flamers of tzeentch to crisp.

ftayl5
03-03-2010, 07:24
If a captain charges you, hes got the speculum... best not to fight this guy with mr. best stats in game

Zarroc
03-03-2010, 07:46
If you get charge, your boned, end of story.. lol

Havock
03-03-2010, 09:23
Take the charge, with obsidian armor you can ignore the sword of fate, simply allocate attacks on the pegasus.

Arbas
03-03-2010, 10:41
Why can't he flee? (I haven't played since 4th ed and I hear that the rules have changed a tad :))

Zarryiosiad
03-03-2010, 11:09
Daemons are Immune to Psychology, which means the only charge reaction they can use is Stand.

Zarryiosiad

Deathjester
03-03-2010, 11:26
Assume the puny mortal failed his terror test to charge and fled off the table!

Honestly?

None of the above, move the 'thrister round it, assuming he has already passed his terror test! And blow him to bits with the flamers (or charge him with fleshhounds) either way he's pretty dead!

Stumpy
03-03-2010, 12:00
Kill the empire with the rest of your army. You're daemons, your tactic boils down to 'win.' Oh noes, they managed to use the best item available to their army in the absolute perfect situation. Now see them try and handle anything in the daemon army, which is generally better than VHS on an average day.

Gromdal
03-03-2010, 12:11
Your opponent has just attempted to charge your Blood Thirster with his Empire Captain on a Pegasus. What is the proper course of action?

So he has attempted a charge? And since my options are, charge him, move the thirster or none of the above he must have failed his charge.

Now the question is, does the empire captain have the trinket or nay? Since i cannot know for sure, the first option is madness.

Second option is to pull the thirster away, as fast as his wings can carry him. Nah id rather not move the thirster 20" away from all enemies.

So i answer "none of the above". Charging the thirster into another target, one that i can break and that is away to the flank of the captain is an awesome idea or any other good move for me and thus bad for my enemy.

However the real test to my warhammer skill is not to play with daemons that are so OP, rather using a cool and more balanced army like BRETS. GOGO KNIGHTS!

Arbiter7
03-03-2010, 12:26
What if he specifically charged your thirster while knowing he was out of range, so you will THINK that he has the speculum while he hasn't.

If you flee and only keep fleeing you might spend the rest of the game fleeing from a captasus carrying the... hand weapon of fright, the zero points nonmagical item.

So charge the thirster against as many targets that he can get in one go, without the captasus reaching him the next turn (i.e. thirster trying to overrun stuff to get further away). Land him near multiple units to cause terror tests, and stay away from greatswords or flagellants, since they have a good chance of tying up your thirster.

Does the OP plan to give his own answer? :P

Condottiere
03-03-2010, 12:38
Teach your Bloodthirster some swear words.

Lijacote
03-03-2010, 13:26
Heh, daemons are such a skilless and bad person's army, yup. Praise be to every person who berates them.

My course of action would depend on the game, but most likely I would not charge the pegasus captain. Of course, if it's a narrative game then I might consider doing it, even if there's going to be a VHS/Sword of Fate there.