PDA

View Full Version : Regeneration?

Chaos Warlord
01-03-2010, 13:18
quick question about regeneration, as it is the final "save" you might have, after armoursave, wardsave and then finally regeneration, wich i have come to understand is at standard 4+, unless otherwize noted.

however, can i still have a regeneration save if i have been caused the number of wounds i had at base?

say i have 3 wounds, and suffer 2 wounds in a combat, i pass all 2 regeneration saves.
the subesecvent round i suffer 3 wounds, and i only have 3 at base, can i still take my regeneration save, or does this mean that i cannot take the save, and henceforth dies, even tough i had the regeneration?

appreciate any replies

Agnar the Howler
01-03-2010, 13:22
Why wouldn't you get it? It's a save just like any other. If they were all flaming attacks you wouldn't get it but I don't see why taking 3 wounds on a 3 wound or less character doesn't allow you your save. Anyone more experienced in Fantasy than me is free to correct me, however.

rtunian
01-03-2010, 13:29
you have one chance to regenerate each non-flaming wound, before wound splitting. in other words, any wounds that become d6 wounds or d3 wounds, you have a chance to regenerate BEFORE they become d3 or d6, and if you pass the save, then they don't split (because they are then not unsaved wounds).

- if you take 2 wounds in combat, and you regenerate 2 wounds, you've taken 0 wounds.
- if you take 3 wounds in combat, and you regenerate 2 wounds, you've taken 1 wounds.
- if you have only 1 wound on your profile, and you take 10 wounds in combat, and you regenerate 10 wounds, you've taken 0 wounds.
- if you have lost a previous wound, and you lose 1 wound in combat, you can only attempt to regenerate the one you lost in current combat, not the one you lost previously

snowywlf
01-03-2010, 13:30
It's a save just like any other.

This is correct. OP, you are thinking of regeneration as actual... regeneration. It isnt. :) The 4+ save is *representative* of a creature being able to regenerate wounds, but is treated as nothing more than a non-modifiable save (other than flames). So it doesn't matter how many wounds you are up against, you simply roll as any other save.

Mr_Rose
01-03-2010, 13:30
Agnar is correct here; note that you have not "suffered" any wounds at all until you have finished making all applicable saves - the enemy has merely gotten close to inflicting one.

Kalandros
02-03-2010, 00:43
Please remember that unless your regenerating model is Unit Strength 3+, it will also be unable to Regenerate a Killing Blow, not just Flaming Attacks.

Necromancy Black
02-03-2010, 08:18
Please remember that unless your regenerating model is Unit Strength 3+, it will also be unable to Regenerate a Killing Blow, not just Flaming Attacks.

Ok, lets keep things clear and correct here. Killing Blow ignores both armour and Regeneration saves.

Being US3+ isn't going to help if Skulltaker killing blows you. You still won't get your Regen.

Tambarskjelve
02-03-2010, 08:38
Ok, lets keep things clear and correct here. Killing Blow ignores both armour and Regeneration saves.

Being US3+ isn't going to help if Skulltaker killing blows you. You still won't get your Regen.

Killing blow only works against US1 and US2

Which makes dwarf lords with shieldbearers annoying :P

phoenixguard09
02-03-2010, 08:47
As he is a Daemon I would expect him to have something like. "OMG he is teh WIN!!!!!1! He can KB EVERYTHING!!!11!" Its what must be expected with Daemons...

Necromancy Black
02-03-2010, 08:55

1) It's US2 or less, meaning warmachines with US0 can be killing blowed.

2) My point was that just because a model is US3+ doesn't mean you just ignore killing blow negating regenerating. Skulltaker is one of a couple of ways you can killing something that has a US higher then 2. The way Kalandros said it made it sound like you would still get Regen if you killing blowed a US5 monster with someone like Skulltaker.

theunwantedbeing
02-03-2010, 13:08

Only in a challenge.
He cannot killing blow a giant for example, or a troll simply as they cannot participate in a challenge with him.

That said, his attacks are flaming so your regen is still negated.

Pacorko
02-03-2010, 15:22

Which makes dwarf lords with shieldbearers annoying :P

And that should close that! :p

As long as the model has Regen and recieves X wounds, its player gets to roll X Regen "saves". Those the player fails become wounds.

Pretty simple, really.

deaddale
02-03-2010, 16:43
I have a question related to regeneration that came up last night. If a regenerating unit\monster is hit by a flaming attack, does the unit lose regeneration for the rest of the game or only for that attack?

thanks,

stripsteak
02-03-2010, 16:48
only that attack.

Pacorko
02-03-2010, 16:48
If all models in the unit were hit and wounded, they cannot regenerate said wounds. It's the same if it was a monster that was hit and wounded.

Regen is never lost. It can be negated, but a model doesn't loose it until it's killed.