PDA

View Full Version : 2k Khorne army - WoC

Balthazaar
01-03-2010, 14:25
An army to face Dogs of war: please feel free to pull apart.

in my last game against this player I faced, lots of pikes a unit of knights and 9 ogres, the knights were his only mounted unit.

For the next outing I am going for a Khorne themed army and I wanted as many troops as I could pack in to reduce the drawbacks of Frenzy and baiting.

his list is unlikely to change much, so my next list comprises this:

Heroes
Exalted Hero - MoK - 245 pts
Juggernaught of Khorne
Magic Items: Chaos Runesword, Shield
Gifts: Fury of the Blood God

Exalted Hero - MoK - 180 pts
Magic Items: Axe of Khorne, Favour of the Gods, Shield

LvL 1 Sorceror - 135 pts
Magic Items: Dispel x2
(scroll caddy)

Cores
17x Chaos Warriors - MoK - 349 pts
Full Command - Shields & Halberds

20 x Chaos Marauders - 140 pts
Full Command - Light Armour - Shields

16x Chaos Marauders - 116 pts

x5 Marauder Horsemen - 81 pts
Flails - Shields - Light armour - Musician

x5 Marauder Horsemen - 81 pts
Flails - Shields - Light armour - Musician

5x Wardogs - 30 pts
5x Wardogs - 30 pts
5x Wardogs - 30 pts
5x Wardogs - 30 pts

Rare
2x Chaos Spawn - 110 Pts

Grand Total 2002 pts

GWItheUltimate
01-03-2010, 19:47
Juggernaught of Khorne

You cannot use Fury of the Blood god on him, since he has a magic item !

For you're list...

Way too much infantry.. drop some and field some Knights.

Some chariot might be a good addition too...

riotknight
01-03-2010, 20:16
Juggernaught of Khorne

You cannot use Fury of the Blood god on him, since he has a magic item !

For you're list...

Way too much infantry.. drop some and field some Knights.

Some chariot might be a good addition too...

Or Dragon Ogres, or something. Drop one of your Warrior units, drop the other down to 12/11 (With a character). You definately need something that moves fast and hits hard.

For your hero on jugger, If you wanna keep Runesword, jut drop fury and give him sophoric musk.

Eta
01-03-2010, 21:12
Combine the marauders to two units of 25 with the mark of Slaanesh (or unmarked, if you want to stay mono God / undivided) otherwise they only give away victory points.

Your marauder horsemen cost 91 points in this setup which by the way is pretty bad. You cannot use your shields when you swing the flails, but lose your fast cav status nevertheless. Drop the shields and perhaps even the light armour, they'll die with and without their 5+ save when your opponent puts his attention on them. Think about adding the mark of Slaanesh here, too. It makes them much more reliable.

As others have already mentioned, you will need some fast hardhitters in this army. Chariots always are a good addition in an infantry based army. Drop some warriors / marauders / one unit of hounds / spawn to get the points.

Greetings
Eta

Balthazaar
02-03-2010, 08:58
Good point on the 'Fury of the Blood god' I didn't realize that.

I don't want to add Slaanesh marks, my opponent gave me the come on to face a Khorne only list, with Undivided units as well of course.

I am going to make some edits based on these comments however, the reason I didnt include knights and focussed on numbers was because my opponent will be running something like 9 ogres with Great weps, if I get tangled they will tear my knights apart. he is also adept at picking them off with spells and other means. at least this gives me an option to win fights on static res.
agianst this guy I have never really got the full potential out of them knights, but then perhaps its me using them badly.

So I often find myself 350pts down and short on numbers quite early on as he makes a beeline straight for my knights. I've lost or nearly lost too many games this way so i wanted to try something new.

but he fears and hates big chaos warrior units.

hence my reason for going heavy on numbers and lots of chaos warriors, 17 chaos warriors have more staying power than knights. and its exactly the drawn out battle I want him to face, he wont win a game like that against Khorne. I should win any attrition battles with my extra attacks with relative ease.

my dogs and marauder horse had some good success against his ogres and humans in the last game, taking both flanks off him so i was going to use them as med/light cav options again. but its a good point to take off the shields on the horses to trim a few points.

I will post up some edits soon.

Balthazaar
02-03-2010, 10:12
Ok heres the updated list:

I was happy with the infantry format as it was, 2 blocks of 25 marauders was a bit too risky as my opponent potentially has 3 or more fear causing units on the field.
losing 25 in one blow would be a big loss.

I have added a chariot for support, and also some bound spells in the banner of wrath and rod of torment to bleed off some of his dispel dice and make my magic potential greater. This in mind I dropped the second exalted and added a 2nd sorceror, upgrading both to level 2, I now plan to use these offensively.

Heroes
Exalted Hero - MoK - 215 pts
Juggernaught of Khorne

LvL 2 Sorceror - 165 pts
Magic Items: Rod Of Torment
Spells:

LvL 2 Sorceror - 145 pts
Magic Items: Book Of Secrets
Spells:

Cores
17x Chaos Warriors - MoK - 394 pts
Banner of Wrath

x5 Marauder Horsemen - 75 pts
Flails - Musician

Flails - Musician

5x Wardogs - 30 pts
5x Wardogs - 30 pts
5x Wardogs - 30 pts

Special
Chaos Chariot - 120 pts

Grand Total 2000 pts on the nose!

Eta
02-03-2010, 10:42
The problem with the small marauder units with full command is that they will do nothing. Three points of CR will get you nowhere. These are just free victory points (216 with banner) for your opponent. 25 marauders on the otherhand will most of the time provide a CR of 5 and outnumbering by fear causing enemies is less likely than with your 16 marauders units. If you do not want to field bigger marauder squads, you will have to reform the two smaller ones to support / counter charge units. Trim them down to 10 or 12, give them mark of Khorne and flails / great weapons. They can put a dent in many units when they get the charge off but when being charged you lose only 80-90 points and not 216! You could add a musican so you can flee from a charge and rally more reliably.

Greetings
Eta

Balthazaar
02-03-2010, 11:51
Thats not a bad idea that, I could get perhaps 3 units of 10 marauders. maybe not with the MoK, but definitely with Flails, thanks for that tip. and that would allow a support unit for every large infantry block, leaving the dogs and horses to do what they do best.

if thats the case I may run the chariot down a flank with some dogs and horsemen to puncture his lines there and place the Juggernaught on the other side and attempt a pincer that I so nearly pulled off last time. I did win the last one but by a gnats dick.

Balthazaar
02-03-2010, 12:16
Ok another update going on tips here. I have now decided to reduce the sizes of the infantry and lose a unit to accommodate 2 units of Khorne knights. also dropped 5 dogs to allow this.

this is now looking more like the brutal Khorne list I wanted as well, as its added 4 more Khorne units into the mix. Eta, I took your advice using 2x units of 10 marauders with flails and MoK to directly support the main infantry blocks, however these may be prone to baiting. needn't be a problem though as I have a lot of units now and if it diverts attention from my knights and Jugger I am happy.

Heroes
Exalted Hero - MoK - 215 pts
Juggernaught of Khorne

LvL 2 Sorceror - 165 pts
Magic Items: Rod Of Torment
Spells:

LvL 2 Sorceror - 145 pts
Magic Items: Book Of Secrets
Spells:

Cores
17x Chaos Warriors - MoK - 394 pts
Banner of Wrath

10x Chaos Marauders - MoK - 90 pts
Flails - Light Armour

10x Chaos Marauders - MoK - 90 pts
Flails - Light Armour

Flails - Musician

Flails - Musician

5x Wardogs - 30 pts
5x Wardogs - 30 pts

Special
5x Chaos Knights - MoK - 280 pts
Full Command

5x Chaos Knights - MoK - 280 pts
Full Command

Grand Total 2009 pts thats realistic without taking the Pi$$ on points being over.