PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Sorceress

LanceSaba
01-03-2010, 14:48
Has anyone thought about giving a supreme sorceress the sacrificial dagger and pear of infinite bleakness in a large warrior unit? you could really rack up the dice that way without worrying.

Witchblade
01-03-2010, 15:53
It's the reason some people refer to warriors as power dice or batteries.

tmarichards
01-03-2010, 15:55
Very simple and effective idea, you just need to be sure to take at least 30 warriors in the unit and keep them well guarded.

willowdark
01-03-2010, 16:23
Is the Pearl a Talisman, or Enchanted Item? If it's competing in any way with the Pendant, then it's a bad build. A level 4 on foot in a unit of Warriors is a sitting duck to even the most basic of mage hunting tactics, especially since her spell options almost all require LoS.

So if you can take the Pendant, yes, it's a great idea. If not, then I'd think you're just asking for a clever opponent to kamikaze your lord right off the board.

Edit: Though an Assassin could be the answer. Yes, definitely with an Assassin.

Knifeparty
01-03-2010, 18:56
Yes, that is 100% how you should run a sorceress or even a supreme sorceress. Then add a couple of Scrolls on her if you have the points. She can't have both the pendant and the pearl.

In all the games that i've played when using a magic heavy list is.

Lvl 4, Sacraficial Daggar, Pearl of Bleakness, 2x Scrolls.

A unit of 25 Spearmen, full command, war banner. Assassin. win.

My buddy even puts a BSB on a horse with the Pendant and Sword of might in that unit. You run them beside black guard, and 2 hydras.

That unit can definately swing a combat in your favor if it flanks an enemy unit that just got Black Guard in the face. It has 7 combat rez and is immune to psycology, coupled with a few fighty characters its a great build.

She actually doesnt die that much without the pendant, especially if you get a good soul stealer cast off.

sulla
01-03-2010, 21:22
Has anyone thought about giving a supreme sorceress the sacrificial dagger and pear of infinite bleakness in a large warrior unit?.Several people. Don't forget to head over to druchii.net from time to time to bounce ideas of like minded DE players. :)

Djekar
02-03-2010, 11:51
From what I understand, some people do that with 1 level 2 sorceress and then add another with some scrolls for lots of fun - it's like magic heavy for 2 character slots!