PDA

View Full Version : Empire at 2000 points

librisrouge
02-03-2010, 02:18
I took the advice I received on this and other forums and came up with a theoretical 2000 point list. What do you guys think?

Elector Count - Barded Warhorse, Runefang, Full Plate Armor, Shield, Pistol

Battle Priest - Barded Warhorse, Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Hammer of Might

Battle Wizard - Level 2, Rod of Power, and Dispel Scroll

Battle Wizard - Level 2 and Dispel Scroll

Halberdiers x25 - Full Command (I don't have shields for the models)
Crossbowmen x5

Halberdiers x25 - Full Command (Wizard Here)
Crossbowmen x5
Crossbowmen x5

Knightly Orders x5 - Musician

Knightly Orders x8 - Full Command and Steel Standard (Elector Count and Battle Priest Here)

Flagellants x30

Great Cannon x2

Mortar

Pistoliers x5 - Musician and Champ. w/ Repeater Pistol

Hellblaster Volley Gun

I'm loose on a lot of this list except for two things.
1) The Elector Count - I want a Runefang...
2) Halberdiers - They are just too fluffy for me. I can change the amounts and such but I want them to figure somewhat in the army (beyond the typical small detachments only.) I'm considering dropping one of the units for something else, but I'm not certain what. Perhaps Swordsmen?

Now, tell me how I'm an idiot...I'm a big boy, I can take it... :shifty:

Thruster
04-03-2010, 12:13
I think Swordsmen are better for an anvil core troop because of their WS4 and 4+ save in combat; Halberdier is much better to use as detachment to get flank charge and smack through the enemy's rank bonus (literally). Also, don't you think pistolier is better than crossbowmen??

Commodus Leitdorf
04-03-2010, 12:36
Elector Count - Barded Warhorse, Runefang, Full Plate Armor, Shield, Pistol

If you want a Runefang go with it, but he'll be toast against anyone who REALLY wants to kill him. Do not put him with the knights! He should be in the center of your battle line, they need his leadership if you want them to hold against...well, anything really.

Battle Priest - Barded Warhorse, Heavy Armor, Enchanted Shield, Hammer of Might

Good Survival and hitting power and he'll make your knights hit harder.

Battle Wizard - Level 2, Rod of Power, and Dispel Scroll

Battle Wizard - Level 2 and Dispel Scroll

You can't take the Rod and that Dispel scroll (Rods 30pts, scrolls 25. thats 55 and over his magic item limit) Stick with just the Rod, or maybe add the Ring of Volans for alittle extra threat in the magic phase.

Halberdiers x25 - Full Command (I don't have shields for the models)
Crossbowmen x5

Halberdiers x25 - Full Command (Wizard Here)
Crossbowmen x5
Crossbowmen x5

If you want to use Halberdiers go for it! All our troops are made of suck anyway so it doesn't matter which you take (in my opinion anyway). However, they each need a combat detachment. So you may have to drop the Crossbows for a 10 man militia or 9 man swordsmen in 3x3 formation are generally the best, though I've had success with Halberd detachments as well!

Knightly Orders x8 - Full Command and Steel Standard (Elector Count and Battle Priest Here)

The small unit is a good flanker/redirector and the big unit is a good hammer (with a WP that it) though find the points to knock it up to 9 man and put the Elector with the troops and keep the Warrior Priest here with the knights. He makes them mean on the charge...though never expect more then 1 extra inch from the steel standard...(every single time I've used it all I have ever gotten with it is 1 extra inch...:cries:)

Flagellants x30

Great Cannon x2

Mortar

Pistoliers x5 - Musician and Champ. w/ Repeater Pistol

Hellblaster Volley Gun

These are all good and I have no complaints about. They give you nice shooting base and the flaggies can be useful to hold a flank (for a bit before they all die that is) or charge something and mess them up!

Thats my advice, do with it as you will.

librisrouge
04-03-2010, 18:10
I appreciate the advice and see what you mean about the Runefang. It just isn't good. On top of that I seem to not have included the Generals points into the total (cursed Excel) so the list needed revision anyway. Here is the revised list, take into account that my primary opponent is likely to be Vampire Counts with lots of Ghouls and Black Knights and Ogre Kingdoms.

General of the Empire - Armor of Meteoric Iron, Icon of Magnus, Great Weapon, and Pistol

Warrior Priest - Hammer of Might, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armor, and Barded Warhorse

Battle Wizard - Level 2, Warhorse, Biting Blade (5 points extra), and Dispel Scroll

Battle Wizard - Level 2 and Rod of Power

Halberdiers x25 - Full Command and Warbanner (General and Wizard here)
(Det.) Halberdiers x9
(Det.) Crossbowmen x5

Halberdiers x25 - Full Command
(Det.) Halberdiers x9
(Det.) Crossbowmen x5

Flagellants x20

Knightly Orders x5 - Musician and Preceptor (Warrior Priest here)

Great Cannon

Great Cannon

Mortar

Pistoliers x5 - Full Command and Repeater Pistol

Hellblaster Volley Gun

1999 Points

PD-6+Prayer, DD-5+Scroll, 4 Warmachines

The mounted wizard won't go anywhere specific, so I didn't mark it in this list. Most of the heroes will/can be moved to accommodate the enemies battle plan.

Commodus Leitdorf
04-03-2010, 18:19
Ohh, lovely changes! Only advice I cn give with the mounted Wizard is to not put him with the pistoliers. fast cavalry tends to get shot up...then panic and flee...then not rally and flee off the board and like that you've lost an important character and you fast Cav.

Other then that you should fair well, though against vamps the fight can get...alittle uphill. But not impossible! (always remember to focus fire;))