PDA

View Full Version : Second round of the G.W tournament 2500 daemons

Tzeentch Lord X7
02-03-2010, 18:44
this is my list for round 2 the rules are the same as round one 4 minimum core and only 1 scroll.

Here it is

Kairos 625

Herald of Tzeentch 145
power vortex

Herald of Tzeentch 145
power vortex

Herald of Tzeentch 145
power vortex

11 horrors 132

11 horrors 132

11 horrors 132

12 horrors 144

10 horrors 120

6 Screamers 180

6 Screamers 180

6 Flamers 210

6 Flamers 210

total 2500 points

tell me what you think

riotknight
02-03-2010, 19:47
this is my list for round 2 the rules are the same as round one 4 minimum core and only 1 scroll.

Here it is

Kairos 625

Herald of Tzeentch 145
power vortex

Herald of Tzeentch 145
power vortex

Herald of Tzeentch 145
power vortex

11 horrors 132

11 horrors 132

11 horrors 132

12 horrors 144

10 horrors 120

6 Screamers 180

6 Screamers 180

6 Flamers 210

6 Flamers 210

total 2500 points

tell me what you think

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it is a tournament, but GOD DAMN. I'd give your heralds Flames of Tzeentch personally. You have 9 Flickers (inc. Kairos) and then 12 Flamer shots, the extra D6 shots from your heralds could help if you have some bad rolls. If your trying to stay themed, then don't worry, but one or 2 units of Khorne Hounds would probably be a good addition. Otherwise, looks like delicious cheese, I pray I don't run into it.

Bedsheets
02-03-2010, 20:20
I might drop a unit of screamers and horrors and make the flamers groups of 5. Bulk up 1-2 groups of horrors to 20+ and add in the banner of hellfire. Maybe drop a power vortex and get MOS instead.

shartmatau
02-03-2010, 20:26
Good lord thats gross.

Tzeentch Lord X7
03-03-2010, 06:41
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it is a tournament, but GOD DAMN. I'd give your heralds Flames of Tzeentch personally. You have 9 Flickers (inc. Kairos) and then 12 Flamer shots, the extra D6 shots from your heralds could help if you have some bad rolls. If your trying to stay themed, then don't worry, but one or 2 units of Khorne Hounds would probably be a good addition. Otherwise, looks like delicious cheese, I pray I don't run into it.

are you coming to the Square 1 GW? if so i will be there

Jind_Singh
03-03-2010, 08:24
bad move - if your going to play this kind of army do it all the way!

on some of the herlds id go with master of sorcery, take 2 units with lore of beasts - that way you can totally stop armies with monsotrs/cav with beast cowers!!

i would also drop 1 unit of horrors to give my herald a chariot - you do need some combat prowes as the unit is super fast, flies 20", and it will really smash aside someone bogged in combat.

Id also have looked at giving the dude on chariot bsb option with D3 comat res - he gets +2 to + 4 combat res AND whatever wounds he does with impact hits and attacks - he might even break units - and as he's a flier he can easily hit the flanks of units, break them, and keep overunning into flanks - thats ace as it adds a combat componenet to the game.

I'd laugh so hard if a misfire ended the magic phase, so maybe look at at least 1 herald with flickering fires

i would also have grabbed a 3rd unit of screamers, again to add some tactical variation, to bring in some slashing attack power

but good to see your sticking to your avatar name - go Tzeenth Lord!

Tzeentch Lord X7
03-03-2010, 16:15
bad move - if your going to play this kind of army do it all the way!

on some of the herlds id go with master of sorcery, take 2 units with lore of beasts - that way you can totally stop armies with monsotrs/cav with beast cowers!!

i would also drop 1 unit of horrors to give my herald a chariot - you do need some combat prowes as the unit is super fast, flies 20", and it will really smash aside someone bogged in combat.

Id also have looked at giving the dude on chariot bsb option with D3 comat res - he gets +2 to + 4 combat res AND whatever wounds he does with impact hits and attacks - he might even break units - and as he's a flier he can easily hit the flanks of units, break them, and keep overunning into flanks - thats ace as it adds a combat componenet to the game.

I'd laugh so hard if a misfire ended the magic phase, so maybe look at at least 1 herald with flickering fires

i would also have grabbed a 3rd unit of screamers, again to add some tactical variation, to bring in some slashing attack power

but good to see your sticking to your avatar name - go Tzeenth Lord!

i like your idea about the master of sorcery i was considering that when i was originally making the list but i dont have a tzeentch herald on a chariot and i also dont know how to make one. the main plan with this army is to have 8 flickering fires a turn each horror unit can throw two dice because of the power vortex adding to the pool and each herald can throw their own 2 then i finish the casting phase with kairos and even if he miscasts i can re-roll one of the dice. Thanks for your help and hopefully by round 3 of the tournament i can run this list with the herald on the chariot and the extra unit of screamers.

Jind_Singh
03-03-2010, 17:47
easy pessy - the sorcor of tzeenth (WoC) comes on a HUGE disc, its massive! Use that as the chariot, get a chariot base (or make one), add the 2 screamers to the base using the flying base sticks (but cut them so the screamers fly closer to the ground), get some fine chain from a store, and mash it ll together. You can also add other details as you please. Then pin a horror onto the chariot and hey presto! You can also get spikes and glue them as fence around the top of the chariot to give it more definition and make it look more chariot like.

Have fun!

riotknight
03-03-2010, 19:11
are you coming to the Square 1 GW? if so i will be there

No, actually, I live in BC at the moment, just havent changed my status. (name is Jamie, if you know me). I'm playing my own Tzeentch WoC list I think, unless I can get my High Elves all painted up for the next round, But yeah man, If i were back home you know I'd be there.

Tzeentch Lord X7
04-03-2010, 05:12
No, actually, I live in BC at the moment, just havent changed my status. (name is Jamie, if you know me). I'm playing my own Tzeentch WoC list I think, unless I can get my High Elves all painted up for the next round, But yeah man, If i were back home you know I'd be there.

ya i know you, you played my all tzeentch daemon army with your lizardmen before you went to BC

Jind_Singh
04-03-2010, 07:46

I wonder if we meet? I am a die hard at the Metrotown GW - we always have a good fantasy crowd on Tuesday nights - lots of nice players! :D

You should come on down, unless you already are, 40K is obv huge, but we also have a WOTR crowd, AND of course Warhammer!

riotknight
04-03-2010, 17:44
I wonder if we meet? I am a die hard at the Metrotown GW - we always have a good fantasy crowd on Tuesday nights - lots of nice players! :D

You should come on down, unless you already are, 40K is obv huge, but we also have a WOTR crowd, AND of course Warhammer!

Jind, I have your number, the last game we played against eachother was my WoC vs your Daemons where your BT killed my giant then got smoked by my Lord on a Jugger with Daemon Sword. We have definitely met.

Witchblade
04-03-2010, 17:54
tell me what you think
It's quite possibly the most boring Warhammer list ever and I hope you face a lot of HE.

That said, for the sake of some variety and balance in your list: mount one of the heralds in a chariot, make it a BSB and tool the 2 others up some more (e.g. master of sorcery). Consider swapping a herald for the Blue Scribes.

About not having a chariot: making one would show you care at least a tiny bit about the game and not just the prize.

To save points, drop a unit of screamers and, if needed, a unit of horrors.

riotknight
04-03-2010, 18:07
It's quite possibly the most boring Warhammer list ever and I hope you face a lot of HE.

That said, for the sake of some variety and balance in your list: mount one of the heralds in a chariot, make it a BSB and tool the 2 others up some more (e.g. master of sorcery). Consider swapping a herald for the Blue Scribes.

About not having a chariot: making one would show you care at least a tiny bit about the game and not just the prize.

His models are very pretty, bad form dude on saying he doesn't care about the game in only looking at this list;).

Mullitron
04-03-2010, 18:20
Nice list, just curious what spells do you choose for kairos in most tournament games?

Tzeentch Lord X7
05-03-2010, 08:06
Nice list, just curious what spells do you choose for kairos in most tournament games?

conflagration of doom
pit of shades
beast cowers
doom and darkness

spirit of the forge
uranons thunderbolt
cleansing flare
master of stone (i use this spell because at my local gw they use the plastic table with the built in hills so i have a slight advantage with this spell)

against horde armies i would drop the conflag and take wall of fire, i played against an all plague theme skaven army and i casted wall of fire on a plague monk unit with a furnace and made it frenzy charge a unit of flamers and the unit was then brought down to half because 30 plague monks all had to take S4 hits

Tzeentch Lord X7
05-03-2010, 08:23

i like facing high elves they have 1 unit thats immune to fire and i can kill them with uranons thunderbolt and also the high elf players who come to the local GW dont us stardragon lords so i dont have to worry about that.

And i do care about the game i have a converted kairos model, blue scribes and a sculpted tzeentch herald enough said.

Mullitron
05-03-2010, 09:01
I think whether or not the list boring is down to your own opinion on how to enjoy the hobby. I personaly think it looks fun to play against, it may thrash me in a few turns but still fun to see it happen. Just curious what you do if/when the enemy hits your lines. do you simply move away reduce the damage you take and then nuke anything out of combat?

Tzeentch Lord X7
05-03-2010, 18:24
I think whether or not the list boring is down to your own opinion on how to enjoy the hobby. I personaly think it looks fun to play against, it may thrash me in a few turns but still fun to see it happen. Just curious what you do if/when the enemy hits your lines. do you simply move away reduce the damage you take and then nuke anything out of combat?

if the enemy gets close i sacrifice a unit of horrors to redirect their unit and get it stuck in a forest it usually buys me enough time to reform my whole line, i dont have a problem with enemies that get close because the usually die in a couple of turns but i do have problems with gunlines they have a greater range than my spells do and i have to hope my screamers dont die

riotknight
06-03-2010, 02:50
i like facing high elves they have 1 unit thats immune to fire and i can kill them with uranons thunderbolt and also the high elf players who come to the local GW dont us stardragon lords so i dont have to worry about that.

And i do care about the game i have a converted kairos model, blue scribes and a sculpted tzeentch herald enough said.

He really should invest in a dragon lord, but he likes magic way to much lol.