PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt DE non-magic

khamal86
04-03-2010, 23:46
Hello everyone :) Was thinking of trying a non magical list for DE. Was wondering if something like this could work

Lords and Heroes

Dreadlord on a Dragon + lance, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak, Armour of Eternal Servitude + Pendant of Khaeleth - 545pts
Master on a Cold one + Lance, Shield, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Ring of Hotek - 139pts

Core

5x Dark Riders with xbows + musi - 117pts
5x Dark Riders with xbows + musi - 117pts
10x Dark elf xbowmen -100pts

Special

6x Shades with Greatweapons -108pts
6x Cold One Knights -162pts
5x Cold One Knights -135pts

Rare

2x Bolt Throwers -200pts
War Hydra -175pts

What does everyone think?

Razakel
05-03-2010, 00:41
I like the approach your taking here, its unusual from what I've seen.

Anyway, even though the core point of your list is that you aren't taking any magic, I think a lack of magic defense will hurt you badly. You only have the Ring of Hotek as far as I can see.

I would suggest a level 1 Sorceress with 2 Dispel Scrolls.

This will safeguard your army against the worst of the damage, allowing you to get your vital Knights into combat so you can smash your opponent.

Aside from that I really like it, good luck :D.

tmarichards
05-03-2010, 14:16
A level one with 2 scrolls is a must. All she'll do is sit in a forest, or occasionally poke her head out to throw one dice at a magic missile.

I'd also suggest putting a magic weapon on at least one of the characters, even if it's just the Biting Blade so you can take on Ethereals.

I'd take the knights in units of 6, with champions and musicians, and a null talisman on the champions for some more anti-magic.

Also, I'd drop 2 units of xbows and take shades instead- they're so much better it's unreal...

Mullitron
05-03-2010, 15:07
Nice list, i agree you may want to take a scroll caddy for the reasons suggested, tho it depends on how much you want to win. But it would be a shame if you had to just watch your opponent apply beast cowers to your hydra and dragon for half the game.