PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Conspiracy Theory?

Tokugawa100
06-03-2010, 00:53
What is the biggest conspiracy theory in 40k.

The Ethereals were created by the Eldar?

The Tyranids are nothing more then a reset button created by the Old Ones to start the galaxy anew?

The Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40k universes are the same?

Isha is being held prisoner by Nurgle?

What is the biggest conspiracy theory in 40k?

LonelyPath
06-03-2010, 00:55
None of the above.

It;s that the Emperor of Mankind is faking disability to get benefits ;)

Tokugawa100
06-03-2010, 01:04
None of the above.

"Heh":D I can totally see him doing it for some reason.

Note: The ones I listed arent the options they are just examples, I want to know what YOU think the biggest conspiracy theory in the 40k universe is.

SandQueen
06-03-2010, 01:07
None of the above.

The Emperor is totally fine, he just chills out on Terra.

Project2501
06-03-2010, 01:10
Noone's mentioned dark eldar yet?

:shifty:

Pinocchio
06-03-2010, 01:10
abbadon failing to conquer terra after 13 crusades

failabbadon lol :p

wazatdingder
06-03-2010, 01:13
Lionel Johnson and Leman Russ staged the heresy for an excuse to run off into the warp together and build a love shack next to a river of blood.

Hellebore
06-03-2010, 01:14
The Squats.

Hellebore

SandQueen
06-03-2010, 01:16

thats not a conspiracy, that's a fact. Horus gutted half the empire in one go, rallied a ton of support, and basically is the reason why the empire cant have nice things. Abaddon shows up a while later and FAILS MORE THAN A DOZEN TIMES OVER TEN THOUSAND YEARS.

You cant excuse that when you have people like Ahriman who's getting closer and closer to wiggling into the Black Library and Fabius Bile who seems to be everywhere all the time.

Samus_aran115
06-03-2010, 01:21

Yeah, this one. I STILL think they're the same. I secretly know I'm wrong, I just deny it.

Samus_aran115
06-03-2010, 01:23
The Emperor is totally fine, he just chills out on Terra.

I know, right? He's got an entire galaxy within reach, but he insists on sitting on his golden throne all day. What, is he dead??:rolleyes::rolleyes::angel:

Drakkisath
06-03-2010, 01:24
Lion El'Jonson really was a traitor, the Dark Angels stationed at Caliban were really the good guys, and the Dark Angels are trying to prevent Cypher from revealing this to everyone while they wait for Lion to wake up from his coma and reunite The Unforgiven to overthrow Terra.

Project2501
06-03-2010, 01:27
Lion El'Jonson really was a traitor, the Dark Angels stationed at Caliban were really the good guys, and the Dark Angels are trying to prevent Cypher from revealing this to everyone while they wait for Lion to wake up from his coma and reunite The Unforgiven to overthrow Terra.

Somone's read Angels of Darkness? :)

Samus_aran115
06-03-2010, 01:27
Abaddon really was created from the genetic material of Horus?

Tyranids have been to the galaxy before?

Tyranids have absorbed DNA from the other races to benefit them(ie; eldar make zoans, orks make biovores.)?

Orks don't worship Khorne? Why not?

Usopreme
06-03-2010, 01:28
That it was the emperor who died at the end of the heresy and horus sits atop the golden throne.

Drakkisath
06-03-2010, 01:31
That it was the emperor who died at the end of the heresy and horus sits atop the golden throne.

How did they get that mixed up?

samuraibobx
06-03-2010, 01:31

How could he when he's missing his arms?

Samus_aran115
06-03-2010, 01:33
How could he when he's missing his arms?

Abaddon's missing his arms? I need to read more fluff...

Voss
06-03-2010, 01:35
What is the biggest conspiracy theory in 40k.

The Tyranids are nothing more then a reset button created by the Old Ones to start the galaxy anew?

Haven't heard either of these before, so... no.

They were at one point. No conspiracy, no theory. GW just made one of their random retcons and changed it.

Isha is being held prisoner by Nurgle?

Eh. Is this a conspiracy? Something had to happen to the rest of the Eldar gods, so why not? Life-giver corrupted to or by death bringer is pretty standard mythological fare.

That the Emperor intended for the Heresy to happen. He was just shy of all knowing, and none of the events involved make a whole lot of sense as they are written up in the HH books unless the emperor is allowing them to happen (and in Horus' case, pushing him into the role, since as written, Horus completely lacks any sort of motivation for what he did, as he was perfectly aware that he was going to be used by the chaos powers).

Void Reaper
06-03-2010, 01:38
The idea that the lost Primarchs were scattered through time rather than space, and are about to show up in the 41st Millenium to kick a*^ and take names :) (My personal pipe dream)

Samus_aran115
06-03-2010, 02:49
That the Emperor intended for the Heresy to happen. He was just shy of all knowing, and none of the events involved make a whole lot of sense as they are written up in the HH books unless the emperor is allowing them to happen (and in Horus' case, pushing him into the role, since as written, Horus completely lacks any sort of motivation for what he did, as he was perfectly aware that he was going to be used by the chaos powers).

WOW. This is pretty...um...(well,it gives me something to think about, if there's word for that, help me!)

Lord of Worms
06-03-2010, 02:56
WOW. This is pretty...um...(well,it gives me something to think about, if there's word for that, help me!)

Worthy of consideration?
Perplexing?
Enlightening?

Leading you into Apostasy?

Hellebore
06-03-2010, 03:06
Except there was no upside for humanity or the emperor in having the Heresy occur.

I'd rather go with the oft denied conspiracy that GW isn't always that good at writing. People attempt to read more into things that aren't there because they wrote it badly.

Hellebore

PariahX
06-03-2010, 03:13
Marneus Calgar is Alpharius.

Omegon is the Emperor.

You heard it here first .....

Olja
06-03-2010, 03:20
The Squats.

Yeah, they were the only ones how could fix the Golden Throne. GW painted themselves in a corner. I knew killing off that race would come back to bite them in the butt. :D

Born Again
06-03-2010, 03:26

Either of these three seem to be the way to go. Or the Alpharius/ Omegon thing, but I don't know if that qualifies as conspiracy theory since there's not really a theory as such, just random speculation.

Lord of Worms
06-03-2010, 06:49
The Tau are the secret manufacturers of Spyrer Suits in Necromunda. They use them to record intelligence data about imperial society.

Im just passing this one along, really. I heard it was somewhere in Tau fluff but never found where. I couldnt be bothered to find out either; I hate the Tau and reading about ShasTooeys and other words that sound like sneezing or hawking loogies gets me uppity.:p

Hellebore
06-03-2010, 07:03
In the original tau codex in the description of their unholy tech by a tech priest. The names for the suits are also similar to the tau words for them.

Hellebore

Melchiah
06-03-2010, 07:08

This was always my fave.

Lord of Worms
06-03-2010, 07:10
In the original tau codex in the description of their unholy tech by a tech priest. The names for the suits are also similar to the tau words for them.

Hellebore

Can somebody put up a quote? Im a big Necromunda player, and Spyrers ar eone of my alternate gangs.

MegaPope
06-03-2010, 07:19
Fabius Bile who seems to be everywhere all the time

They don't call him Clonelord for nothing, you know ;)

The idea of Horus being cloned (after his death) has been kicking around since the days of Slaves to Darkness, although back then the Black Legion destroyed them all, along with Horus's remains) on a 'there can be only one, and he's OURS!' basis.

Lord of Worms
06-03-2010, 07:24
They don't call him Clonelord for nothing, you know ;)

The idea of Horus being cloned (after his death) has been kicking around since the days of Slaves to Darkness, although back then the Black Legion destroyed them all, along with Horus's remains) on a 'there can be only one, and he's OURS!' basis.

They mention it in the BL Index Astartes article as well.

DeadlySquirrel
06-03-2010, 09:58
the biggest conspiracy theory?

Its not the Squats, its that they STILL LIVE!

Born Again
06-03-2010, 11:07
The Tau are the secret manufacturers of Spyrer Suits in Necromunda. They use them to record intelligence data about imperial society.

Forgot about that one. Not as big as some of the others, but still a good one.

Sir_Lunchalot
06-03-2010, 11:17
Sigmar is one of the lost primarchs.

Eldar were created to destroy the Necrons... and failed to off them during their 365 million year nap.

The Emperor has kids, and they are warp channeling psykers, but since they channel the Emperor they're fine.

The Star Child.

You can wear Exo-Armour and ride a trike.

Ollanius Pius.

One C'tan is asleep on Mars, as well as the Deciever who is pretending to be him.

The Men of Iron and the Men of Gold.

There are only about 1 million space marines in the galaxy, and Imperial guardsmen outnumber them by a few factors of ten. We all know it's the other way 'round.

Hellebore
06-03-2010, 11:51
Can somebody put up a quote? Im a big Necromunda player, and Spyrers ar eone of my alternate gangs.

This is the pertinent paragraph.

Hellebore

Lord of Worms
06-03-2010, 11:53
Thanks! :)

Corpse
06-03-2010, 13:47
The emperor is a lovechild between a human and an eldar.

Necrons are the afterlife without(before) the warp.

The warp was created to take over everything as sympathy for mortals being a limited existence.

The emperor (avoiding politics, just saying) tried to conquer the world being the advisor to all the greatest world-uniting warlords. (Atilla etc, thus why he named his primarch 'sons' after them)

The emperor was the original human when other species of humans existed many thousands of years ago and subsequently lead his new race to exterminate all the other sub-humans. (Thus the hatred for mutants and mutation - believing in the superior human race)

Sounds all fascist, but it fits.

Gaargod
06-03-2010, 13:59
*cracks knuckles*

Tyranids were created by Old Ones
Tyranids have already been here / have been coming here for a long time (Catachan)
Hive Mind is an Old One (personally doubt this one...) - links with created by

Horus = Emperor (imprisoned on Throne)
Abaddon = clone-son of Horus
Abaddon is deliberately stopped from conquering Imperium by gods
Abaddon deliberately doesn't conquer Imperium (come on... 13?) (see Star Child)

Emperor encouraged Heresy (links with...)
Star Child (links with...)
Sensei (and Illuminati)
Emperor bargained with Chaos (primarchs)
Emperor killed Sanguinus (look at poster - its definitely a sword wound, from behind. As in, Emperor standing behind with big sword. Sanguinus got there first, and loved Horus... Go figure)

Ethereals coming from Eldar (obvious one)

Pariah gene

Deceiver = any number of characters
Ceogorach/Laughing God = Deceiver (both encouraged eating of C'tan)

Mal[Deleted by Inquistion]
Sons of Malice

40k universe incorporates fantasy (my favourite explanation is that fantasy world is relatively near Terra, shrouded in warp storms. If Chaos wins, it will explode into another Eye of Terror situation, enveloping and destroying Terra. Makes sense of all the effort they put into winning)
Similarly, Sigmar = lost primarch (the guy makes a Lord of Change run away from him. At 80+, with no magical weaponry/armour. And follows it, into the Warp.)

Lost Primarchs in general

Alpharius/Omegon = not dead (seriously believe this one)
Alpha Legion = loyalist (links to Star Child)

Dark Angels = loyal/traitor/whatever (Luther/lion/Cypher incorporated here)

Space Wolves = traitor (Prospero, very anti-loyalist at times. Maybe traitor is too far, certainly not 100% loyal)

Squats (...yeah)

Edit: Forgot the obvious one! Lords of Terra keep Emperor on Throne to stop him regenerating! (seriously, he's alive and conscious for long enough for them to reconfigure the whole damm thing, but needs it that badly?)

Lord_Of_Bats
06-03-2010, 15:25
Actually i think the Tau Ethereals were created by the Deceiver!

And Farsight found out on the world where he got his blade from which is why he took off on his own.

101st Vostroyan
06-03-2010, 16:02
Sigmar is really the emperor/one of the lost primarchs...

Sorros
06-03-2010, 20:52
Would Eldrad's fate be one? He apparently died, but that one chick claims he's out there...

Cegorach=Malal, and possibly the Deciever.

PapaDoc
07-03-2010, 00:02
Would Eldrad's fate be one? He apparently died, but that one chick claims he's out there...

I think he is alive. Who else do you think is responsible for the Chaos Space Marine codex that has caused the servants of the Old Foe so much grief?

Necrons finding John Connor in space would be a good one.

Hellebore
07-03-2010, 00:09
Having necrons assault a hive world to attempt to kill one specific pregnant woman (and succeeding of course) would be a hilarious story for 40k (not that I endorse the alien perpetrated exterrmination of pregnant women of course).

Hellebore

williamhm
07-03-2010, 00:16
Craft World Ulthwaye is actually working with chaos to over throw the imperium.

Ellythrion
07-03-2010, 00:35
I've been out of the loop with 40K fluff for a while but one thing I always remember being intrigued by is an insert at the front of the Inquisitor rulebook alluding that there'd been some mistake regarding the Emperor being put on the golden throne, that it may not be him and there were some loyalists who were going to try and announce this who needed to be silenced.

I might be getting confused but I'm pretty sure it was along those lines - just a profound indicator and real good kickstart to the inquisitor rulebook and mantra that the inquisition and Imperium is rife with inner-conflicts and nothing is always quite what it seems, going right back to one of the core beliefs and tennets of the Imperium: The emperor.

Voldramar
07-03-2010, 00:36
Alpha legion are really loyle to the Emperor, and are working to bring Choas to ruin, and save man kind

Logarithm Udgaur
07-03-2010, 01:07
My favorite has always been (and likely will continue to be) that Horus sits on the Golden Throne, while the Emperor is indeed dead.
Some decent discussion of it here http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=196885.0 along with other conspiracies. I wish I had of save the short story I read about the Inquisitor this was all revealed to, I cannot seem to find it on the web anymore.

duffybear1988
07-03-2010, 01:57
How about if Sanguinius was corrupted by Horus during his fight with him and they both turned on the Emperor when he arrived, which led to the Emperor killing both of them... In blood angels the red thrist is really the influence of chaos and the vision of Horus killing Sanguinius is the Emperor using his powers to reach out and direct the blood angels onto a different path so that they dont discover that it was really the EMperor who killed Sanguinius because he had turned to chaos at the very end.

It also explains why they need a tower to lock up all those driven insane by the red thrist (or whatever its called) as its an asylum to keep those who know the real truth away from those who dont.

Infact it also explains why Mephiston now has better stats than most greater daemons as he is really a pawn of chaos and is secretly working to overthrow the Imperium :)

Count de Monet
07-03-2010, 02:07
*Tzeentch.*

bossfearless
07-03-2010, 02:10

Abaddon's just a distraction, someone to keep the Imperium looking outwards instead of at the true menace within it's borders.

bossfearless
07-03-2010, 02:16
Except there was no upside for humanity or the emperor in having the Heresy occur.

I'd rather go with the oft denied conspiracy that GW isn't always that good at writing. People attempt to read more into things that aren't there because they wrote it badly.

Hellebore

There was no benefit for humanity. the Emperor, however, had much to gain from a war that saw the promulgation of belief in his divinity. Think of the golden throne as not just a life support/psychic amplifier device, but also a kind of battery or accumulator for the kind of energy generated by worship. The charge has been building for ten thousand years, pulling in the warp echo created by the worship of untold trillions, building towards critical mass.

Karoun
07-03-2010, 04:00
Alpha legion are really loyal to the Emperor, and are working to bring Chaos to ruin, and save man kind

This definitely. With the downfall of the Imperium added to the bargain of course.

Tenken
07-03-2010, 04:03
Orks are, in fact, the greatest psykers in the ooniverse. Ever see an eldar make a gun work just by thinking it should make some loud noise and something else should end up dead? Don't think so.

I'm gunna start one here, the 11th primarch is the tyranid hive mind. Yeah, think about that ****.

Born Again
07-03-2010, 06:26
The emperor is a lovechild between a human and an eldar.

What? Since when? Seeing as it is stated he's the coalescence of human shaman's souls.

One C'tan is asleep on Mars, as well as the Deciever who is pretending to be him.

The Men of Iron and the Men of Gold.

The Sleeping C'Tan is a great one that I like. I'm not sure what the conspiracy is with the Men of Iron and Gold though? I thought it was just an established part of the background?

I'm gunna start one here, the 11th primarch is the tyranid hive mind. Yeah, think about that ****.

Erm... anything you got to back this up? Cos I'm thinking about it, and it makes no sense whatsoever :eyebrows: I do so hope you were just making a joke.

Vermin-thing
07-03-2010, 08:34
Nids are the good guys. :eek: Why do I say this? After dissecting a hormagant in the 3rd Ed. codex, there is only one reason as to why the bug would have six or seven redundant organs. Their only use is to be a space filler of sorts. The guants in general can survive with a small amount of support from the have mind, and very limited outside resources. Now how is this a conspiracy? It means that the nids in general were bread for one use, and only one use. To rid the galaxy of plague, war, and madness. To bring forth peace and harmony. Mind you the nids would probably start eating each other if there was nothing left.

Badger[Fr]
07-03-2010, 08:41
Tyranids were created by the Outsider.

Abhorash
07-03-2010, 10:15
Tyranids were created by Old Ones
Tyranids have already been here / have been coming here for a long time (Catachan)
Hive Mind is an Old One (personally doubt this one...) - links with created by

Both addicted to experiencing and witnessing these new movements within the warp, and fascinated by their development, the Slann encourage different life-forms to develop in different environments and with varying degrees of intelligence and connection to the Warp, just to observe what happens. The Slann begin to seed thousands of worlds all across the galaxy with life, and tweak the biological and psychic makeup of many existing life forms.

Each individual Slann not only has the same drives and purposes as the entirety of its race, but it also has the technology and warp-power to affect an entire planet all by itself. One Slann can have a profound affect upon an entire star system, altering, observing and ultimately controlling everything that happens within it as the Slann so pleases.

If the Slann can do that, then its possible that Slann is Hive mind?

Tenken
07-03-2010, 17:44
Erm... anything you got to back this up? Cos I'm thinking about it, and it makes no sense whatsoever :eyebrows: I do so hope you were just making a joke.

Yeah mostly it's a joke. But I also wanna see if anyone posts later on these boards somewhere that the 11th primarch is a tyranid. It'd just be funny is all.

Devastator
07-03-2010, 18:07
that the nids are in reality evolved bumbas:wtf:

djinn8
07-03-2010, 18:21
Terra isn't really Terra. The real cradle of Humanity was conqured in the Great Crusade and is now some random Hive World.

All things Cypher.

The Tyranids were lured to this Galaxy by beings unknown using the Ymagarl Monolith.

Grey Knights were created from the loyalist remains of the traitor legions.

tezdal
07-03-2010, 18:24
That would be rather odd wouldnt it? Considering Terra has a Moonesque Moon, a red planet next door, and a couple' o other planets that match Earths solar system perfectly?

DeadlySquirrel
07-03-2010, 18:58
Oh yeah. The cabal (linking with Alpha legion here). IIRC, they were/are a council of xenos consiting of one of the last old ones, a slaan, an eldar autrach and some other people, who started the heresy:

Basically, if horus won, the imperium falls to chaos completely and destroys itself and destroys chaos with it thereby saving the entire galaxy from chaos. Alpharius/omegon then starts the heresy and tries to wipe out humanity, for the good of humanity.

I maybe wrong, but it went SOMETHING like that.

enygma7
07-03-2010, 19:34
I'd have to nominate:

There is a c'tan in the heart of mars and the mechanicus worship him as the machine god.

The tau. Everything about them seems suspicious and points towards a massively powerful intelligent creator, but who and for what purpose?

HK-47
07-03-2010, 21:20
The ones I remember most are that the Blood Sons are a loyalist splinter group of the Thousand Sons, and that Arhra is the founder of both the Strking Scorpions and the Incubus.

Another one that I heard a long time ago was that Kharn betrayed his legion on purpose because he secretly hates what he and his legion has become.

Firmlog
07-03-2010, 22:59
1st
cypher is on a mission to "kill" the emperor so he will be reborn. he is from the "true" DA chapter before it was perverted by Lion el' Johnson, so he fought with the emperor when uniting earth and humanity. Cypher is moving from planet to planet to let people know the true emperors word.

Lion el'johnson held up the spacewolves to decide which side won. Then killed the remainder of the "old legion" to prevent them from informing anyone.

2nd
The leader of Ultramarines sent space wolves to kill off thousand sons chapter, even though they were trying to warn the emperor of the dangers comming. Thousand sons were loyal this caused 2 loyal chapters to be missing from the Heresy.

Ultramarines participated in no part of the Heresy, they were conveniently at the furthest point away from all the fighting. After all the worlds were devastated this left the Ultramarines region the least damaged and most powerful region in all of humanity. No one could dispute anything the ultramarines dictated. (all other marine chapters would be decimated in some form or another from the fighting an unable to stand up against them)

After the fighting was done the leader of Ultramarines took over control of Humanity. Ultramarines then went against the Emperors original design of SM Chapters. They split up the Legions and forced them into an ineffective orginization, and though the majority of the chapters follow it, they themselves do not.

Its well known that despite being split up the first founding of any SM chapters runs all subsequent founding. the ultramires being less devastated have the most founding chapters. They are still the largest force. the rest of the chapters were split up so it would be difficult for any of them to raise up against the Ultramarines.

The leader of the ultramarines convinced horus to rebel against the emperor.

the ultramarines rule humanity now and since the heresy.

On a side note I worked up a whole chronology about the events of the heresy and the connections between ultramarines and taking over humanity but I can't find it right now.

Kertilien
07-03-2010, 23:57
Actually, they refer to Terra as Earth several times in the current rulebook. I always thought it was supposed to be one of those things that they hint at, but never say outright...guess not.

Has anyone considered the possiblity that Nurgle is Isha?

Alessander
08-03-2010, 02:52
original fluff had Cypher "slowly heading towards Terra" but newer fluff has him bypassing terra completely and heading towards the Eye of Terror instead.

The crossover stories in both recent Daemon armybooks/codexes pretty much state that Poxfulcrum (Nurgle's captive) is Isha. The WFB book added that Poxfulcrum may be Nurgle's daughter.

Farsight's "Dawnblade" is either Anaris, or Khorne's blade.

Khorne has OCD.

Grimbad
08-03-2010, 03:25
Actually, they refer to Terra as Earth several times in the current rulebook. I always thought it was supposed to be one of those things that they hint at, but never say outright...guess not.

Has anyone considered the possiblity that Nurgle is Isha?

In many older sources it's only ever called Earth.
The last tyranid codex (not the new one) had "Earth" mentioned in segments that were sloppily cut & pasted from the 2nd edition codex, for example. I know some fluff parts of the 5th ed book are copied from Codex Imperialis, and that could explain some references to Earth.

tezdal
08-03-2010, 03:33
Biggest conspiracy theory, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars get a codex...my poor World Eaters are stuck with codex blandness

duffybear1988
08-03-2010, 03:35
GW is actually run by the toddler in a suit from the double velvet toilet roll adverts :D

I suppose only people in the UK will get it but hey its fun so why not? Youtube it it may come up...

TyrantTyranid
04-11-2013, 23:24
I think that the Emperor is in a coma because someones or somethings are keeping him that way to bring the Imperium to its hands and knees and to get crazy strong having psykers sacrificed to you has to make you stronger. I also think that this man is keeping the Emperor alive to keep him from coming back. He is a perpetual after all.

IcedAnimals
05-11-2013, 00:05
The isha one isn't really a conspiracy, its stated black and white in the daemons book. She was slaaneshs favorite plaything but papa nurgle needed a new honey. My favorite was probably the C'tan on mars. And also the sphere the nids were avoiding.

Sephillion
05-11-2013, 00:13

Is this based on anything? It would be kinda cool.

Archon of Death
05-11-2013, 00:53
Cool thread. Although it was dead since '10 before a recent post in it. Well, personally I recall my favorite of them (I am not even going to bother reading this all as it may be locked due to reviving a dead thread) was:

The Emperor, being a creation of the ancient Shamans and a massive entity in the warp created both through his own spirit/s and mankind's view of him, exists as a being (The Star Child, if I remember correctly) in the warp, a kind of embodiment of mankind's hope. As he is not dead this being yet slumbers away the millennia until he finally expires. It is here that the spirits of the passed Space Marines and truly loyal members of the Imperium gather and when the Emperor expires this being shall awaken, a new hope for mankind in the battle against chaos.

I've always enjoyed this since I remember reading about the shamans that were reborn as the Emperor and how his form was their hope manifest.

Chem-Dog
05-11-2013, 05:50

As it's stated to be the birthplace of humanity, has a moon called Luna and sits next to a planet called, Mars, I think it's pretty much implicit that Terra is Earth. All of the other planets in our system occur in the fluff too!
I saw somebody mention a fluff piece in which the Imperium destroys a "False Planet" on the edge of Terra's system, the name corresponding, I think, to a theoretical body on the far reaches of our solar system, but I can't find the thread now :/

ehlijen
05-11-2013, 06:00
Wow necro. Also wow, Terra not being obvious as earth? Next you're telling me Luna isn't the Moon and Arrakis might not be a desert planet.

ElGigante
05-11-2013, 09:12
As it's stated to be the birthplace of humanity, has a moon called Luna and sits next to a planet called, Mars, I think it's pretty much implicit that Terra is Earth. All of the other planets in our system occur in the fluff too!
I saw somebody mention a fluff piece in which the Imperium destroys a "False Planet" on the edge of Terra's system, the name corresponding, I think, to a theoretical body on the far reaches of our solar system, but I can't find the thread now :/

That's mentioned in the first Forgeworld Horus Heresy book, the false world of Sedna that had been at the very edge of the Solar system. There are a few theories about another planet being out at the fringes of the Solar system, from crack pot Nibiru stuff, to legitimate speculation in order to answer why comets and asteroids get knocked out of the Oort cloud.

As to fake Terra, there's also the fact it's in the right place in the galaxy, along with it being in a Solar system identical to ours.

Poseidal
05-11-2013, 09:32
Malcador/Emperor kagemusha theory.

Kakapo42
05-11-2013, 09:38
ILLEGAL HERETICS KILLED St DIANNA AND ARE DIRECTLY RESPONSIBLE FOR CANCER AND RISING HIVE SPIRE PRICES. You can find out more in the Imperial Mail. :p

With regards to the whole Ethereal origin, mine's that they're Tau from the future. At some point in the distant future the Tau develop a time machine, and then send a ship with some of their best and brightest on an expedition into the past. Unfortunately upon arrival in the distant past the ship runs straight into the warp storms surround T'au at the time, suffers guidance failure and crashes into one of T'au's moons, becoming the ship the Tau reverse engineer warp drives from*. Before impact, the crew manage to evacuate in the ship's escape pods, landing on ancient T'au in the mountainous regions (the flickering lights in the sky and half-glimpsed figures in the mountains), before regrouping, getting their bearings and then setting off to unite the various Tau tribes. Because they're from the future, they have advanced knowledge of events that are to come, and use this knowledge to impress the local chieftains, which is how they're able to unite the Tau so easily. They then guide the newly formed Earth Caste with knowledge centuries in advance of current scientific understanding, which is how the Tau were able to technologically develop so rapidly (it's only just a few general tidbits and guidelines however, all the real invention comes from the Earth Caste scientists themselves). And all this is done in just the right way to get to the point in the future when the ship gets sent back, creating a stable time loop. The diplomatic offers for other races to join the Tau empire is their way of saying "Come with us if you want to live."

*going by the original Battlefleet Gothic background.

Grocklock
05-11-2013, 09:47
There are no Xenos or chaos at all.
The primacs and emperor know that once they had reclaimed the lost planets from the way would humans. They were no longer needed. So they created the propergander that there where Xenos and deamons out there. Give us money to fight these wars. This didn't sit well with horus and so decided to tell the people. So the emperor banned him.

So the imperium is run by a dictator. But is worshiped as a god. Which he is happy about. While horus leads the resistance of rag tag bandets fighting for justice to free the people.

Telemachus
05-11-2013, 10:55
Games Workshop's customer services representatives REALLY, REALLY care about your views and concerns of how the game is going when you call or email them.

Chem-Dog
05-11-2013, 12:32
That's mentioned in the first Forgeworld Horus Heresy book, the false world of Sedna that had been at the very edge of the Solar system.

That's the one, I was stuck on thinking it was Tyche.

Still Standing
05-11-2013, 12:49
1. Chaos Eldar are the most powerful servants of the Dark Gods in the universe. How do you like them Apples, Primarchs?

2. The true biological sons of the Emperor, the Sensei, want us to believe they have been wiped out, hence the quote in 3rd Ed rulebook.

3. Malcador is a Sensei.

4. The oldest living Mechanicus Tech Priests predate the founding of the Imperium.

daveNYC
05-11-2013, 13:23
That's the one, I was stuck on thinking it was Tyche.

What, they didn't go with Yuggoth?

DoctorTom
05-11-2013, 15:29
thats not a conspiracy, that's a fact. Horus gutted half the empire in one go, rallied a ton of support, and basically is the reason why the empire cant have nice things. Abaddon shows up a while later and FAILS MORE THAN A DOZEN TIMES OVER TEN THOUSAND YEARS.

You cant excuse that when you have people like Ahriman who's getting closer and closer to wiggling into the Black Library and Fabius Bile who seems to be everywhere all the time.

Sure you can, when you realize that Abaddon's actually on the Emperor's payroll, out there giving the Space Marines something to focus on instead of sitting around wondering what the Emperor is actually doing. This frees up the Emperor to sit on the beach in Tahiti and sip mai-tai's.

Also, the Tyranids were created by the Squats as pets. They used them to terrorize the galaxy so that people wouldn't notice where in the galaxy the squats were actually moving to. Any day now the squats will return, throw the Hive Fleets a biscuit and say "good doggies".

Menthak
05-11-2013, 19:21
The Grey Knights are all servants of Malal.

-Hates Chaos more than anything

-Immune to corruption (they already have a god)

-Not very co-operative with other Imperial factions.

Zothos
05-11-2013, 19:30
Except for that whole Malal not existing thing.

DeathGlam
05-11-2013, 19:37
In my version of the fluff, the Fantasy world being a planet in the 40k Universe plus Sigmar being the primarch for one of the lost legions is true, the Tau being created by the Eldar as the best way of fighting Chaos & Slaanesh is true to and my personal favourite, that the Tyranids are actually running from something themselves, i just love the idea that they are the prey before the the real predator arrives :D

jeffersonian000
05-11-2013, 19:37

That's what they want you to think.

SJ

Still Standing
05-11-2013, 20:19
The Grey Knights are all servants of Malal.

-Hates Chaos more than anything

-Immune to corruption (they already have a god)

-Not very co-operative with other Imperial factions.

Malal isn't really hatred of Chaos, rather hatred of oneself. So if they were servants of Malal they'd hate the Imperium, whilst still serving it.

Deamon-forge
05-11-2013, 20:32
that the Tyranids are actually running from something themselves, i just love the idea that they are the prey before the the real predator arrives :D

i like this one my self would be very interesting if this is the case

Harwammer
05-11-2013, 21:02
If Nids are anything like a locust swarm they are running away from themselves.

Menthak
05-11-2013, 21:27
Malal isn't really hatred of Chaos, rather hatred of oneself. So if they were servants of Malal they'd hate the Imperium, whilst still serving it.

>Hatred of oneself
>Serves Chaos god
>ipso facto, hates chaos in one was or another

Do yo have a special alarm when Malal comes up in conversation Zothos? :shifty:

Chem-Dog
05-11-2013, 23:15

Speak a god's name and you will attract it's attention.....

Archon of Death
05-11-2013, 23:34
>

I do. I just don't respond often to the posts. All his followers do.

Zothos
06-11-2013, 00:09

Yes, yes I do! :D

Doesn't everyone? :confused:

wyvirn
06-11-2013, 00:54
Malal was wiped out by something far more powerful than a god, International Copyright Law.

The Emperor
06-11-2013, 01:57
Why do people find Abaddon unable to defeat the Imperium after 13 Black Crusades so hard to believe? For one, not every Black Crusade was about toppling the Imperium, but about achieving some sort of objective which'll help the next Black Crusade, like capturing the Blackstone Fortresses. So he didn't even set out to topple the Imperium every time, so why is it surprising that he doesn't topple the Imperium when he's not trying to do so? Second, he has enough less resources at his disposal than Horus did, while the Imperium is likely stronger, so why does anyone think he should win?

1) The Imperium has a lot more Space Marines now than it did during the Horus Heresy.
2) Unlike Horus, Abaddon wasn't Warmaster, so he couldn't order potential enemies as far from the battlezone as possible.
3) Abaddon isn't a Primarch, and he typically doesn't have any Primarch's at his disposal, likely because they're all Daemon Princes and summoning them out of the Warp is a huge undertaking. On the other hand, Horus was a Primarch and had eight Primarch's fighting alongside him throughout the whole war.
4) Again, Horus was Warmaster, and so was able to set up the Loyalist forces to be taken by surprise right from the start. Abaddon's not catching anyone by surprise. Moreover, he has to strike out of the Eye of Terror and the Cadian Gate, a choke point which he has to fight through.

Why anyone thinks that Abaddon should've succeeded where Horus has failed is absolutely perplexing to me, because he doesn't have anything resembling the resources or advantages which Horus had. And yet despite the advantages which Horus had over Abaddon, he still lost!

eldaran
06-11-2013, 06:37
The Emperor is not on the throne, but is actually Eldrad or CREED!!!

Also, probably the starchild theory, though I think more recent fluff has sunk that as a tzeentchian cult...or was that just because the Inquisition thought they were getting too close to the truth???

squeekenator
06-11-2013, 07:11
*snip*

I've always agreed with this stance. Horus was weak, Horus was a fool. He had half the Imperium launching a surprise attack against the other half, sowing discord and uncertainty. They had the power of the Dark Gods and access to endless hordes of summoned daemons, the Chaos Primarchs themselves had power no mortal could even dream of. Horus used his power as Warmaster to compromise the Imperium's defences prior to showing his true allegiance. And yet he lost, because he was a fool. Abaddon had nothing. He started as a leader of a broken rabble of Sons of Horus, the only traitor legion with no Primarch. He reforged the shattered remnants of Horus's legion into the Black Legion, the most powerful force in the Eye of Terror, capable of bullying the other legions. He inspired Chaos marines from other legions to join his; Abaddon's forces do not simply work alongside each other like Horus's, they are one cohesive whole. He's by far the better leader.

But militarily he hasn't had quite the same success as Horus did, because the Imperium is ready. They've got twice as many loyalist marines as Horus ever had to face and countless billions of guardsmen, they know exactly where the forces of Chaos are and who they are, they have funnelled them into a deathtrap, forcing them to go through Cadia, perhaps the most heavily defended fortress world in the Imperium, in order to launch an invasion. And you know what? He's winning. Sure, it took time, but Abaddon's established a foothold on Cadia. He's fought the Imperium head-on and won, Horus failed even when he used trickery and treachery to take the upper hand. Horus got himself killed through his own arrogance and folly, Abaddon has survived ten thousand years of bloody warfare. Abaddon is by far the superior leader.

Still Standing
06-11-2013, 07:45
The Emperor is not on the throne, but is actually Eldrad or CREED!!!

Also, probably the starchild theory, though I think more recent fluff has sunk that as a tzeentchian cult...or was that just because the Inquisition thought they were getting too close to the truth???

The throw away line in the 3rd Ed rule book was that the "Cult of the Star Child" was destroyed by Inquisitional forces, or words to that effect. We have no idea if it was anything to do with the Star Child, the Sensei or anything else. It may have been a random Tzeentchian cult unrelated to those. Also I highly doubt the Inquisition has the power to wipe out the Sensei, being as they have no way to track them, no way to know who they are if they do manage to find them. For reference, it's highly likely that Malcador was a Sensei.

bhusus
07-11-2013, 03:07
That those huge GW tournaments actually have an effect on 40k fluff

Belakor
07-11-2013, 05:01

According to the Chaos Marines players (myself excluded) on this site, Gav and Phil writing the past two codex versions...

Karhedron
07-11-2013, 07:50

I like to think it was Tzeentchian plot to discredit the true Starchild. :angel:

Or just another snippet of grimdark that the Imperium is trampling on the seeds of its own future hope, thus condeming itself to more of the continuing nightmare.

eldaran
07-11-2013, 08:41
I like to think it was Tzeentchian plot to discredit the true Starchild. :angel:

Or just another snippet of grimdark that the Imperium is trampling on the seeds of its own future hope, thus condeming itself to more of the continuing nightmare.

My thoughts exactly, especially taking the opening fluff of the Inquisitor rulebook, if memory serves :)

Ooooh; Tzeentchian operatives in the Ordo Hereticus; that'd be exactly the sort of thing the Changer of Ways would try to do...

Makaber
07-11-2013, 10:19
why do people find abaddon unable to defeat the imperium after 13 black crusades so hard to believe? For one, not every black crusade was about toppling the imperium, but about achieving some sort of objective which'll help the next black crusade, like capturing the blackstone fortresses. So he didn't even set out to topple the imperium every time, so why is it surprising that he doesn't topple the imperium when he's not trying to do so? Second, he has enough less resources at his disposal than horus did, while the imperium is likely stronger, so why does anyone think he should win?

1) the imperium has a lot more space marines now than it did during the horus heresy.
2) unlike horus, abaddon wasn't warmaster, so he couldn't order potential enemies as far from the battlezone as possible.
3) abaddon isn't a primarch, and he typically doesn't have any primarch's at his disposal, likely because they're all daemon princes and summoning them out of the warp is a huge undertaking. On the other hand, horus was a primarch and had eight primarch's fighting alongside him throughout the whole war.
4) again, horus was warmaster, and so was able to set up the loyalist forces to be taken by surprise right from the start. Abaddon's not catching anyone by surprise. Moreover, he has to strike out of the eye of terror and the cadian gate, a choke point which he has to fight through.

Why anyone thinks that abaddon should've succeeded where horus has failed is absolutely perplexing to me, because he doesn't have anything resembling the resources or advantages which horus had. And yet despite the advantages which horus had over abaddon, he still lost!

Thank you! Finally!

Mortimer
07-11-2013, 11:16
Why do people find Abaddon unable to defeat the Imperium after 13 Black Crusades so hard to believe? For one, not every Black Crusade was about toppling the Imperium, but about achieving some sort of objective which'll help the next Black Crusade, like capturing the Blackstone Fortresses. So he didn't even set out to topple the Imperium every time, so why is it surprising that he doesn't topple the Imperium when he's not trying to do so? Second, he has enough less resources at his disposal than Horus did, while the Imperium is likely stronger, so why does anyone think he should win?

1) The Imperium has a lot more Space Marines now than it did during the Horus Heresy.
2) Unlike Horus, Abaddon wasn't Warmaster, so he couldn't order potential enemies as far from the battlezone as possible.
3) Abaddon isn't a Primarch, and he typically doesn't have any Primarch's at his disposal, likely because they're all Daemon Princes and summoning them out of the Warp is a huge undertaking. On the other hand, Horus was a Primarch and had eight Primarch's fighting alongside him throughout the whole war.
4) Again, Horus was Warmaster, and so was able to set up the Loyalist forces to be taken by surprise right from the start. Abaddon's not catching anyone by surprise. Moreover, he has to strike out of the Eye of Terror and the Cadian Gate, a choke point which he has to fight through.

Why anyone thinks that Abaddon should've succeeded where Horus has failed is absolutely perplexing to me, because he doesn't have anything resembling the resources or advantages which Horus had. And yet despite the advantages which Horus had over Abaddon, he still lost!

in fact some even succeeded.. even the lovely one to get his Sword back.. Thousands killed to get a daemon sword he foolishly lost on a previous BC

Menthak
07-11-2013, 11:17
My thoughts exactly, especially taking the opening fluff of the Inquisitor rulebook, if memory serves :)

Ooooh; Tzeentchian operatives in the Ordo Hereticus; that'd be exactly the sort of thing the Changer of Ways would try to do...

Tzeentch cults, in the Inquisition, making the inquisition attack the future of the Imperium.

That's, what, quadruple heresy?

Harwammer
07-11-2013, 11:28
in fact some even succeeded.. even the lovely one to get his Sword back.. Thousands killed to get a daemon sword he foolishly lost on a previous BC

Come now, we've all left a hat, scarf or other personal item at a café by accident. This was no different; the story just humanises 'Baddy :p

"Emperor be cursed, I left Drach'nyen at the greasy spoon!"

*cue Abaddon returning to the eatery to find Drach'nyen happily bouncing around, having taken the form of a pogo stick, stabbing all the customers in the face*

"Bad sword! We're leaving!"

Fingers
07-11-2013, 17:55

EXACTLY!!

10char

Rated_lexxx
07-11-2013, 17:56
No it's JFK assassinated himself :)

If red dwarf said it, it has to be true

Mortimer
07-11-2013, 20:02
No it's JFK assassinated himself :)

If red dwarf said it, it has to be true
sigged XD

forgot that happened.. need to do a rewatch XD

Losing Command
07-11-2013, 20:21
The latest Space marine codex describes the Ultramarines Primarch as being "An unstoppable force of change" :eyebrows: Add the fact that he used to, and his space marines still do, wear blue coloured armour and attach lots of shiny objects to it and it might be time to put and Inquisitor on the case :shifty:

Private_SeeD
08-11-2013, 13:09
Anyone got any links to fluff or information about the star child and sensei theories?
I'm also a believe that the DA primarch personally chose to sit on the fence and wait for the outcome before throwing his support into the conflict. Also anything cypher related specially him heading towards the emperor to kill him so his soul will be set free to be reborn again. And that the lords of Tera know that the emperor is healed but keep him locked away do they stay in power and that the sacrificed psykers are not powering the beacon but blunting the emperor from regain conscious

Sent from my Omni tool via the Sol System Mass Relay

eldaran
08-11-2013, 13:16
Anyone got any links to fluff or information about the star child and sensei theories?
Sent from my Omni tool via the Sol System Mass Relay

This enough reading material for you? :D (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?233909-Background-FAQ-*Read-before-posting-new-thread*)

Look at this bit: Is the Emperor a ‘god’? Is the Emperor as powerful as the Chaos Gods? Can the Emperor ‘rise again’/What is the ‘Star Child’? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Denny
08-11-2013, 14:41
What is the biggest conspiracy theory in 40K?

I heard that Mat Ward and Matt Ward are actually the same person. :eek:

eldaran
08-11-2013, 15:24
i heard that mat ward and matt ward are actually the same person. :eek:

NOOOOOO!!!!! It can't be!!!

Shamana
08-11-2013, 16:35
The Mechanicus base on Mars being the hideout of one of the C'tan definitely has merit.

Here's a personal favourite of mine: Isha is not a captive of Nurgle, at least not in the traditional sense. Isha IS Nurgle - an almost fully absorbed part of him. The being known as "Isha" was devoured/absorbed by Nurgle during the Fall of the Eldar, when it (or she, if you prefer) was weakened by Slaanesh's assault and fell into despair and hopelessness, which opened an empathic link to Nurgle. "She" was absorbed and is now a part of Nurgle's realm (and thus Nurgle itself) but a part of "her" remains as a sort of subconscious influence. The myth that particular craftworld has is just a symbolic and veiled representation of the truth. It is simply a metaphor. Remember, the Eldar language is incredibly poetic and symbolic, so why should we take the idea of Isha as a captive at face value?

In effect, Nurgle gained Isha's powers, but with them came minor traces of "her" personality as well. Think about it: Nurgle is about physical and spiritual decay and entropy, a negative power. So how come Nurgle's minions are some of the hardiest, instead of the weakest? That is the legacy of Isha's link to health and life that Nurgle acquired from absorbing "her". Nurgle's seeming caring for its minions makes little sense for a god of hopelessness and decay, but perfect sense for what is essentially a mother goddess. In a sense, Isha remains as a subconscious influence in Nurgle's actions, way too weak to actually dictate them or directly protect the Eldar, but sometimes affecting its MO.

Private_SeeD
14-11-2013, 19:00
This enough reading material for you? :D (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?233909-Background-FAQ-*Read-before-posting-new-thread*)

Look at this bit: Is the Emperor a ‘god’? Is the Emperor as powerful as the Chaos Gods? Can the Emperor ‘rise again’/What is the ‘Star Child’? 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thanks, there's a few topics in that thread that'll keep me busy in work

Sent from my omni tool