PDA

View Full Version : need new army..necrons letting me down

Rated_lexxx
06-03-2010, 15:23
After finally getting that the necrons have a snowball chance in hell of getting a new codex anytime in the near future, I have been thinking about a new army.

I am going to finish my necrons so I can still play them, but after start looking at a new army.

My first thought was dark angels. I like the background and the look. Oh there codex is also horriable.

So I am still at a lost. What do people on these boards think I should go. What is fun to play, fun to paint.

WinglessVT2
06-03-2010, 15:27
Regular marines.

Archangel_Ruined
06-03-2010, 16:46
What do you think is fun to paint? My idea on that is going to be different you yours, I'm certain of that. If you do want a DA army you could always field them with the regular marine list, I think all but the most ardent fluffnuts would forgive you that. If you're really stuck do what I've always done, pick the models you like the most and go from there, I've been playing since the tail end of RT and it hasn't failed me yet.

AFnord
06-03-2010, 16:56
With the exception of necrons, all armies have a decent chance of winning (yes, even daemon hunters) against most other armies. The balance might not be perfect, but it's not horrible either. So simply pick an army that you want to pain & play. If you want to be on the safe side, stay away from the inquisition books, as we don't know if those will get a decent update.

IcedAnimals
06-03-2010, 17:47
2 things.

First if you want to constantly have new toys to play with play marines and make them your own chapter. Then you can very easily and with no complaints from people switch up your army every year. (You can do it with GW chapters as well but some people dislike seeing ultramarines played as spacewolves for example)

So playing marines and just buy every codex as they come out. You will never hurt for models or new toys.

SECOND. Necrons actually have a really high chance of being done in the next 12 months.

Griffindale
06-03-2010, 18:00
Well, did you make your We'll Be Back roll or what? :) Seriously, they may get redone soon. I'm not a big fan of the crons but maybe they'll get redone and be given some compelling fluff. I think mobility should definitely still be an issue for them though. Just my opinion.

ColonalKlink
06-03-2010, 18:22
Well, did you make your We'll Be Back roll or what? :) Seriously, they may get redone soon. I'm not a big fan of the crons but maybe they'll get redone and be given some compelling fluff. I think mobility should definitely still be an issue for them though. Just my opinion.

QFT, I used to play crons awhile back, i have now dusted them off and win regularly simply because my group forgot how to counter them lol

Rated_lexxx
06-03-2010, 18:30
for painting I think I put to much detail into my models(takes forever to finish a unit:( )

I also like to follow the paint schemes from the codex, but then I make changes to make them my army.

From my reading around here is necrons won't get a codex this year

velkore1134
06-03-2010, 19:38
Personally, right now I'm collecting Tyranids (collected for about 2-3 years now), unfortunately I don't get to play much, however I would be interested in going Dark Eldar, though I may wait for this alleged new codex to come out.