PDA

View Full Version : What army now? :S

Gammalfarmor
06-03-2010, 16:38
As we are 3 people in my play group and my mate already has dwarfs I have considered 2 armies for now.

1: Bretonnia.
2: Vampire Counts.
3: Other please explain.

The story with the VC is that I came across them in the witch hunter books and I really liked them and I already have a empire army :D
So please help me with comments on what you think.

MasterSparks
06-03-2010, 16:41
I'll advice you to go with the Vampire Counts. I can't really provide you with any deep reasoning, but I've found the VC army to hold some true potential for fun and interesting army lists, modelling opportunities and an all-together great time. :)

Condottiere
06-03-2010, 17:00
I think you should start listing what you want from your army, and what you like, whether it's the look of the models, or the style of play, etcetera.

Do you like the Bretonnians because you want a cavalry army? Do you like the fluff? Is it the models that attract you?

Do you want to play Vampires because they are cool?

Basic self analysis. Then it's easier to recommend.

Ultimate Life Form
06-03-2010, 17:02
Lizardmen. :D

(Though I really LOVE my VC army. I have only played 5 games or so so far, but I dig the gothic theme and incredible conversion possibilities.)

Jack of Blades
06-03-2010, 17:32
Agreed with Condottiere. As we may be playing eachother when/if I start playing Warhammer again I'll have an eye on this ;)

Gammalfarmor
06-03-2010, 17:38
The thing that got me into the VC is that they are one of the fluff enemies of the Empire etc and that necromancers really intrigue me.

Jack of Blades
06-03-2010, 17:40
The thing that got me into the VC is that they are one of the fluff enemies of the Empire etc and that necromancers really intrigue me.

What got you into Brets then? as it is, sounds like you'll be enjoying VC in general ie. they're a safe bet whatever the weather.

Gammalfarmor
06-03-2010, 17:54
That got me into brets was the thing that they are knights in all their glory etc, but after painting 1 of them I got bored and this was the same time as started reading the witch hunter books again ^^

shadowskale
06-03-2010, 18:37
I think you should start listing what you want from your army, and what you like, whether it's the look of the models, or the style of play, etcetera.

Do you like the Bretonnians because you want a cavalry army? Do you like the fluff? Is it the models that attract you?

Do you want to play Vampires because they are cool?

Basic self analysis. Then it's easier to recommend.

Listen to Condottiere, everything he/she says is true, he/she is all knowing and all powerful :D

Condottiere
06-03-2010, 18:47
Hubris. Gotta watch out for divine retribution.

You can kill two birds with one stone if you go for VC with a Bretonnian theme. You can always eventually buy both.

But if paintng is not your thing and you need to get really inspire to keep at it, then it may be that VC might really be a better choice at this time.

It's not a cheap hobby, so think things over before committing your self.

On the other hand, see if you can pick up an already painted army or individual models/units cheaply from someone desperate to get rid of them, then the painting phase can be ignored and you can concentrate on the aspects that you enjoy.

Gammalfarmor
06-03-2010, 19:10
I have decided for vampire counts, I have 1 box of Bretonnian knights, and I will convert them to make them blood dragons and I don't have hubris :P

Thanks for all your advices guys!