PDA

View Full Version : Ninjas of Khaine (2500)

The Red Scourge
07-03-2010, 20:37
Dreadlord 241
Black Amulet, Armour of Darkness, GW

Death Hag BSB 200
Banner of Hag Graef, Touch of Death, Black Lotus

Cauldron of Blood with Hag 200

15 Executioners 204
Standard+Champion

15 Black Guard 269
Champion + Banner of Murder, Ring of Hotek

2 x 7 Shades 252
GW

Assassin 171
Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus, AHW

Assassin 151
Rending Stars, Manbane, AHW

2 x 5 Dark Riders 234
Musician, RBTs

2x10 Corsairs 200
Handbows

2 x RBTs 200

1 x Hydra 175

TOTAL 2497

tmarichards
07-03-2010, 21:02
This is a nice change from the usual lists... got to think about this one :)

You're running very low on magic weapons... why not give the Lord the Biting Blade?

I also really think you could do with a scroll caddy... if you don't want to take one for fluff purposes that's cool, but I think you could drop the Executioners down to 7 without command and keep them as a flanking unit to free up some points. If you really want to keep the Khainite theme up, you could drop a unit of shades and take 2 units of 7 executioners.

I've never actually tried using Black Lotus, I've always gone with Manbane. Please let me know how you find it to work :D

I like running my Hag BSB with ASF, manbane and rune of khaine, but I do think that you're lacking an anvil. This could be easily changed by making the BG ASF instead of armour-piercing... I know people always whinge about ASF Hotek Black Guard, but I really think this list could pull them off without being OTT.

Also, if you do take my advice about making the BG ASF, I'd drop the Armour of Darkness on the Lord, and instead give him the Blood Armour and Sword of Might.

Witchblade
07-03-2010, 22:02
I'd love to play this list. It's fluffy and decently balanced.

I don't think the hydra fits into this list though. It's strong and will help you in-game, but it doesn't fit the theme IMO. You could switch it for a caddy and some more BG. As mentioned, you could do with a bigger anvil, even though big blocks are not very fluffy in this list.

I'd also play your corsairs as counts-as crossbowmen. Shouldn't need much converting from handbows. They're just better in-game that way and still look good.

You could drop your Execs to 10. They'll never hold a charge now anyway.

The Red Scourge
08-03-2010, 05:27
This is a nice change from the usual lists... got to think about this one :)

You're running very low on magic weapons... why not give the Lord the Biting Blade?

I also really think you could do with a scroll caddy... if you don't want to take one for fluff purposes that's cool, but I think you could drop the Executioners down to 7 without command and keep them as a flanking unit to free up some points. If you really want to keep the Khainite theme up, you could drop a unit of shades and take 2 units of 7 executioners.

I've never actually tried using Black Lotus, I've always gone with Manbane. Please let me know how you find it to work :D

I like running my Hag BSB with ASF, manbane and rune of khaine, but I do think that you're lacking an anvil. This could be easily changed by making the BG ASF instead of armour-piercing... I know people always whinge about ASF Hotek Black Guard, but I really think this list could pull them off without being OTT.

Also, if you do take my advice about making the BG ASF, I'd drop the Armour of Darkness on the Lord, and instead give him the Blood Armour and Sword of Might.

Hmm.. I never realized the list lacked magic weapon.. Perhaps Blood Armour and Soul Render for my lord.. I really want for him to have S6, to give the Black Guard that extra punch.

I don't know about the 'lack of an anvil issue. Black Guard and Execs, are both Stubborn, and the Execs will have the BSB, so they should be able to hold.

KB + re-rollable 1s to wound. I gathered that I'd want her 'hiding' in challenges. And since she is in an ASF S6 unit, manbane wouldn't add something extra for it. - come to think of it, manbane probably is the way to go :)

A caddy would be really nice.. I lack the points though, so if I wanted one, I'd have to dump the dreadlord - so I went with the rule of cool :cool:

I'd love to play this list. It's fluffy and decently balanced.

I don't think the hydra fits into this list though. It's strong and will help you in-game, but it doesn't fit the theme IMO. You could switch it for a caddy and some more BG. As mentioned, you could do with a bigger anvil, even though big blocks are not very fluffy in this list.

I'd also play your corsairs as counts-as crossbowmen. Shouldn't need much converting from handbows. They're just better in-game that way and still look good.

You could drop your Execs to 10. They'll never hold a charge now anyway.

Whats wrong with the theme and the hydra?

The corsairs job aren't to be a missile unit. if I wanted such, I'd go with crossbowmen. Instead the point is to advance them in front of the heavy infantry and screen it from missile fire. If enough survive, they might get thrown in as flankers or will get to chase warmachines left over by the Dark Riders and shades - though I am a bit doubtful, whether I should just go with AHW instead. I probably will :)

Entreri Bloodletter
08-03-2010, 05:55
First of all I really like the list, not your average list and still looks fun to play with and against. I like that you have a few on the less popular option(but nonetheless still worthwhile).

The lord should probably have a magic weapon like it was mentioned and Soul Render is great, even a little better than just the GW. It leaves you a little vulnerable but hopefully you can rack up a few kills before any major combats.

The Black Guard are fine with AP Banner, since they are stubborn they will be holding almost guaranteed, I would advise against challenging with your lord though till you can get his armor save up a little more.

The hag is great with the executioners and the blessing from the CoB makes it even better. You are a fairly one dimensional army though so expect to have a hard time against armies more mobile and especially large terror causers. You can limit their effects but it will still be a pain. (Althought the shades and RBT will go a long way towards helping you)

As for the handbow corsairs they are decent for the role you plan to use I would recommend reading this article from Druchii.net as it explains pretty much all you will ever need to know about corsairs with handbows. http://www.druchii.net/viewtopic.php?t=55572

Otherwise good luck!

Devastator
08-03-2010, 06:01
since when did few ton monster begame ninja =)

The Red Scourge
08-03-2010, 06:25
Hey, haven't you heard. Hydras swing from treetop to treetop and are unaffected by terrain - thats ninja to the max! :D Though I'll probably have to greenstuff some ninja masks on the beast.

- and your sig was much better, when you quoted me ;)

tmarichards
08-03-2010, 11:39
I don't know about the 'lack of an anvil issue. Black Guard and Execs, are both Stubborn, and the Execs will have the BSB, so they should be able to hold.

KB + re-rollable 1s to wound. I gathered that I'd want her 'hiding' in challenges. And since she is in an ASF S6 unit, manbane wouldn't add something extra for it. - come to think of it, manbane probably is the way to go :)

Very true, the Black Guard are certainly not going to be going anywhere, especially with a BSB nearby, so you're anvil won't be destroyed by any means. I meant more that with only T3 and heavy armour, a unit of knights, for example, is going to leave a massive crack in your anvil, so it may only be able to take a couple of charges before it's in serious trouble.

Are you thinking of putting the Hag and Cauldron in the Executioners? I don't think she can go there... I know they're both Khainite, but the Cauldron has the War Machine special rule so I don't think it can join units, and I don't think War Machine crew can voluntarily leave their machine.

Love the mental image of a hydra swinging throuh the treetops... may have to sig that if you've no objection? :D

tmarichards
08-03-2010, 11:42
Whoops, ignore that bit about me thinking you're trying to put the Cauldron in the unit, got a bit confused and thought you only had ONE Death hag in the list, didn't look closely at the points values.

My bad :(

The Red Scourge
08-03-2010, 15:15
Hopefully those knights will lose some of their punch to the Reapers/hydra/shades or flank charge from Dark riders, before reaching the infantry. But then again nothing is perfekt, I'm way more worried about the lack of magic/antimagic in the list, but at least I'm pretty sure it will be a fun army to field :)

Devastator
08-03-2010, 18:27
wait i have quated you, you little goodie goodie
(cookie to the guy who knows who i quitet)