PDA

View Full Version : artillery dice

Negafex
23-05-2005, 12:26
doth anyone knoweth what artillery dice doeth. i looked through the warhammer rulebook and could not find anything but this very undescriptive little bit in the front. if ye knoweth please postith hither

skavenguy13
23-05-2005, 12:49
thItth thhasth th6th thfacesth thliketh thotherth thdiceth

for non-th-people: it has 6 faces: 2-4-6-8-10-BOOM! If you don't want to buy it, do as follow with a D6:
1 means a 2
2 means a 4
3 means a 6
4 means a 8
5 means a 10
6 means a BOOM!!! (often a misfire)

it can't be re-rolled except when specifically said "re-roll the artillery die", because it's not a D6. I think the only ways to re-roll it are runes, engineers and TK catapults(not sure about that one)

They are almost only used for warmachines.

Riddy
23-05-2005, 15:45
doth anyone knoweth what artillery dice doeth. i looked through the warhammer rulebook and could not find anything but this very undescriptive little bit in the front. if ye knoweth please postith hither

We are not living in shakespearian england and even if we were i dont even think people would talk like than, so post properly or dont post at all please :)

In awnser to your question the artillery dice is used when shooting cannons and mortars to determine who far the shot goes/scatters, it is also used to determine how may shots a hellblaster, a salamander or an organ gun get, it determines the strength of a warp lightning cannons shot and it determines how far a unit that 'comes from below' scatters. I am sure i have missed out a few here but basically its mostly used for artillery shots with a few special occurrences where its used for something else.

Negafex
23-05-2005, 16:11
most specifically the use for ogre leadbelchers

sorry for the confoosin elglsh

anarchistica
24-05-2005, 01:05
It determines the amount of hits they cause. :rolleyes:

skavenguy13
24-05-2005, 01:53
example: you shoot at empire militia with your 5 leadbelchers. So you roll 5 artillery dice:
you get 28 in total + a misfire.
Misfire does D6 S4 hits, let's say 4 hits. Roll to wound (on 4+) and let's say 1 wound. So a leadbelcher lost 1 wound

You have to roll to hit for the 28 shots on the militia, you need 4+. Let's say you get 19 hits.
Now you need to roll to wound, need 3+. Let's say you get 14. They don't get an armor saves. So that's 14 dead militia.

Did this answer the question???

Lainer
27-05-2005, 00:27
There is also a version of the artillery dice with centimeters instead of inches. Sadly, my opponent wouldn't let me use it when rolling for the strength of my warp lightning cannon ;)

Griefbringer
27-05-2005, 09:05
There is also a version of the artillery dice with centimeters instead of inches. Sadly, my opponent wouldn't let me use it when rolling for the strength of my warp lightning cannon ;)

Well, you could but then you would need to divide the result by 2.5 to get the actual strenght. :rolleyes:

Flame
30-05-2005, 18:25
Why? It is technically an artillery dice.

It gets even better when salamanders start using one!

skavenguy13
30-05-2005, 20:40
And just how would you make the 0,5 hit or the 2,5 strength?

Griefbringer
31-05-2005, 06:30
Why? It is technically an artillery dice.

In the English version, it technically is not, because artillery dice are numbered 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and Misfire.

There are non-English versions using centimeters instead of inches, and in them the artillery dice are numbered 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 and Misfire - but in these versions the rules for Helblaster/Salamander/Leadbelcher/Warp lightning cannon specify that to get the number of hits you need to roll an artillery die and divide the result by 2.5 (which again gives the same 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and Misfire range of results).

Festus
31-05-2005, 08:40
Hi

Wasn't Epic equipped with an Artillery Dice in *cm*?

Asks Festus

Griefbringer
31-05-2005, 14:30

Well, Epic used cm for all measurements.

I think it used the same 2-4-6-8-10-Misfire dice, but the numbers were read as centimeters instead of inches as in WHFB and 40K - considering the Epic ranges 10cm scatter would still be significant. Should check this out.

Avian
31-05-2005, 15:20
There is an artillery dice with "Misfire, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25" on it. A friend has it and we jokingly suggest that it be used for Hellblasters.

"My 75 hits translated to 59 wounds, are you ready to make armour saves?" :D

Griefbringer
01-06-2005, 14:43
Hi

Asks Festus

Looked at my old WD - apparently Space Marine 2nd edition only came with scatter dice, no artillery dice. No idea about Titan Legions or Epic40000.

Unforgiven
06-06-2005, 18:28
its called the rune of stone (re-roll artillary dice), there is also a rune of fortitude that allows the artillery to re-roll the result on the misfire chart. (dwarfs make the best cannons) ;)

Festus
06-06-2005, 19:06
Hi

its called the rune of stone (re-roll artillary dice), there is also a rune of fortitude that allows the artillery to re-roll the result on the misfire chart. (dwarfs make the best cannons) ;)
Don't know what you are talking about, but you surely are refering to the Rune of Forging which lets you reroll the Ari dice and the Rune of Stone is an Armour Rune (+1 to Save).

Greetings
FEstus