PDA

View Full Version : Chapter CRISIS

ChaplainOrion
08-03-2010, 21:05
Hey there I'm ChaplainOrion and I can't decide what to do for my chapter.
Hi ChaplainOrion.

I will not lie but it has taken me years to decide on a chapter I need help.

Here's a list of what Ive said I was going to do.

Black Templar
Imperial Fists
Dark Angels
Disciples of Caliban
Raptors
Knights of Equinox
Knights of Canes
Exorcists
Eclipse
Raven Guard
and much much more

as you can see I'm in need of help, and I'm coming up with more still:(

For a base I was thinking of doing a gold and red style or a regal blue and silver.

Khorneguy
08-03-2010, 21:37
do them all?

A mixed chapter force. You don't see many of those around

Either that or do gold and red in a BA force

ChaplainOrion
08-03-2010, 21:51
I'd like one chapter and i need help just coming up with a name and stuff and I think a bunch of people all helping to do one chapter would be kinda cool. So far I like the name Disciples of Orion. What do you think?

Khorneguy
09-03-2010, 17:12
That names sounds cool :) I picture the blue and silver for them

sigur
09-03-2010, 19:16
Name sounds alright. Make up a colourscheme now and get painting, it's about time. ;)

ChaplainOrion
09-03-2010, 21:40
Heres my idea

What do you think?

eltanko
09-03-2010, 23:52
I like the name, I think the first colour schemelooks really good , with some added extras to the blue, stars, like constellations? Orions belt etc.

ElTanko

Brady
10-03-2010, 15:38
i love the name and the first picture, as eltanko said adding stars ( stars in space not shiny gold stars that 2 yr olds get for spelling their name :) ) and stuff will make it look awesome, if you go ahead with this you can use the new BA models coming out and use their codex as well ( the disciples of orion sound like a fast moving, assaulty force so it would fit ). makes sure you post pics!!!! :)

sigur
10-03-2010, 20:14
Not entirely happy with how the colours are used across the mini. This is just not a traditional SM pattern. Maybe make it a quartered pattern?
Also, keep in mind that metallics tend to look very weird (especially silver) when used on bigger surfaces without really good shading and highlighting.

ChaplainOrion
10-03-2010, 21:58
This is just not a traditional SM pattern. Maybe make it a quartered pattern?
Also, keep in mind that metallics tend to look very weird (especially silver) when used on bigger surfaces without really good shading and highlighting.

I'm also a first time painter:p. For the symbol I wanted to use a skull with spikes coming out to make an Iron Halo, I also like the stars idea and that was one of my MANY ideas for chapter 32-a-4-i's don't know which one-55 :p and the scheme is the scheme of the disciples of caliban in the DA codex but with blue instead of green as stated before they were on my list of chapters i wanted to do.

If you have dawn of war Dark crusade get the firestorm over kronus mod its fun and also you can see a wide variety of chapters.

TitusAndronicus
10-03-2010, 22:00
where did you get the SM color templates?

ChaplainOrion
11-03-2010, 01:03
where did you get the SM color templates?

Bolter and Chainsword Space marine painter

Here
http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/smpbeta.php

ChaplainOrion
13-03-2010, 23:25
i love the name and the first picture, as eltanko said adding stars ( stars in space not shiny gold stars that 2 yr olds get for spelling their name :) ) and stuff will make it look awesome, if you go ahead with this you can use the new BA models coming out and use their codex as well ( the disciples of orion sound like a fast moving, assaulty force so it would fit ). makes sure you post pics!!!! :)

I like the idea of an assault army, I'd probably switch between SM and BA though.
The fluff is that they are a chapter based off a chaplain named Orion;), much like the Sons of Orar. Instead of silver for the blue and silver its going to be dark grey.

Disciples of Orion symbol idea

ChaplainOrion
15-03-2010, 01:40
Update

I had plans to do my models but do to the fact that I cut myself with an exacto knife I'll have to postpone my plans.
Bad knife cut
-ow-

ChaplainOrion
18-03-2010, 04:03
Update

my curse has comeback and I'm thinking about switching to the Exorcists chapter, do to the fact I found an awesome pic. OR should i combine the two into a special strike-force?

Eldrad
30-03-2010, 20:16
Make it a crusade force. There's 2 ways to do this.
1.Paint the marines however you want and just have a crusade marking that binds the force together.
2.Paint them all 1 scheme and have their indivdual chapters be badges on the shoulderpads ala XenosHunters.

ChaplainOrion
30-03-2010, 21:15
I changed it back to Disciples of Orion there just such a cool idea to me. I've been drawing them when I have time with an obsession.