PDA

View Full Version : Experimental Warriors of Chaos 2250pts Competitive

3Xhume
09-03-2010, 05:55
So, i have an experimental list that needs critics.

Chaos Lord of Tzeentch, shield, Beserker Sword, Collar of Khorne, Helm of Many Eyes, Word of Agony - 370
Exalted Hero of Nurgle, GW, Shield, BSB, Fury of the Blood God - 188
Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch on Disc, Rod of Torment, Bloodcurdling Roar - 225
Chaos Sorcerer, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets (Lore of Death most likely) - 170

15 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle, Shield, Halberd, FC, Banner of Wrath - 360
15 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh, Shield, Halberd, FC, Blasted Standard - 335
5 Chaos Marauders Horsemen of Slaanesh, Shield, Throwing Axes, Musician - 96
5 Chaos Warhound - 30
5 Chaos Warhound - 30

5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle, Standard, Musician, Lance (!), Rapturous Standard - 305

Chaos Warshrine of Slaanesh - 140

Totaling 2249pts

It is a simple list. What do you think?

Razakel
09-03-2010, 08:16
I feel like this army needs more filler, a 2,250 army with 55 models 'feels' quite lacking. I would suggest dropping a unit of Warriors, & adding 2x units of Marauders. It will enable you to spread your army over a greater area, giving you greater battlefield control.

I also feel like your missing some fast moving stuff, I think you would be better off dropping one of your Sorcerers and adding a unit or two of Marauder Horsemen. A majority of people like 5 with Flails, Light Armour & The Mark of Khorne.

joe_corns
10-03-2010, 04:07
I agree with with razakel you need more units if you play against anthing with a big gunline your skrewed :(
youcould drop 5 from each of the warrior units and get 1 unit of 20 mauruders with fc, MoK, flails, and light armour for the same points
id also mybe drop the nurgle hero and get more maruder horsemen

Seraph74
10-03-2010, 04:08
Actually, the big win with Marauder cav is the mark of Slaanesh to ensure they can get off the charge against the plethora of fear-causing targets out there these days.

Razakel
10-03-2010, 06:29
Mark of Khorne = Frenzy & Frenzy = Immune to Psychology while it lasts.

3Xhume
10-03-2010, 10:44
Chaos Lord of Tzeentch, shield, Beserker Sword, Collar of Khorne, Helm of Many Eyes, Word of Agony - 370
Exalted Hero of Nurgle, GW, Shield, BSB, Fury of the Blood God - 188
Chaos Sorcerer of Tzeentch on Disc, Rod of Torment, Bloodcurdling Roar - 225
Chaos Sorcerer, Power Familiar, Book of Secrets (Lore of Death most likely) - 170

12 Chaos Warriors of Nurgle, Shield, Halberd, FC, Banner of Wrath - 360
12 Chaos Warriors of Slaanesh, Shield, Halberd, FC, Blasted Standard - 335
5 Chaos Marauders Horsemen of Slaanesh, Shield, Throwing Axes, Musician - 96
5 Chaos Marauders Horsemen of Slaanesh, Shield, Flails, Throwing Spears, Musician - 101
5 Chaos Warhound - 30
5 Chaos Warhound - 30

5 Chaos Knights of Nurgle, Standard, Musician, Lance (!), Rapturous Standard - 305

Chaos Warshrine of Slaanesh - 140

Totaling 2249pts

Drop several warriors for another unit of Marauder horsemen. Is this enough?

Avian
10-03-2010, 14:37
Light armour is much better than shields on Horsemen with flails as it can be used in close combat.

I think a horse is a very good investment for the BSB and the unmarked Sorcerer.