PDA

View Full Version : Tournament 2250 DE [modified ETC comp]

Khemed
09-03-2010, 17:14
I'm trying to make a solid and competitive DE list following our local modified ETC restrictions (max. 2 flying troops (that's troops, not mounts), max. 8 shades per unit, max.12PD/10DD, max.1 unit with big target rule, PoK takes up a hero slot, RoH takes up a hero slot, no special chars).
I'm quite confident about most of my troop choices (I'm wondering wether a unit of 5 CoK or 20-25 warriors would be viable) while still trying to decide on the character selection.
My general idea was to get a master BSB in the BG unit and a lvl1 caddy in RBX's but I don't have a clue who should be the general - I favour the Dreadlord, but I don't know how to fit him into the list with no Black Dragon for him to ride, perhaps one on a DP?

Another option would be to add a block of 20 warriors, put dreadlord in one and the BSB in the BG - I like it but I'm wondering how competitive would it be and how should I equip my chars.

-------------------------------------

Characters:

[?]Dreadlord/Lvl4?[General] (___pts.)
[?]

Sorceress (150pts.)
Lvl 1,Dispell Scroll x 2
/sits in the RXB's unit/

Master [BSB] (___pts.)
[?]

Assassin (151pts.)
AHW, Rending Stars, Manbane
/can go into Shades or Warriors if I add them to the list, don't think he'd be any use in BG/

Core:

RXB's x 10 (115pts.)
Musician, Shields

Dark Riders x 5 (117pts.)
Musician, RXB

Musician, RXB.

Musician, RXB

Harpies x 5 (55pts.)

Harpies x 5 (55pts.)

Special:

Black Guard x14 (277pts.)
FC, Standard of Hag Graef, Crimson Death

Shades x7 (126pts.)
GW

Shades x7 (126pts.)
GW

Rare:

War Hydra (175pts.)

RBT (100pts.)

RBT (100pts.)

-------------------------------------

That's 1781pts. in total (counting out the Dreadlord/Master), so I have 469 pts. to play around with my character selection and perhaps to add some troops.

Thanks in advance.

marine4792
09-03-2010, 17:28
i would drop either a unit of dark riders or the rxb unit and get some more black guard. then for charachters id suggest hotek and armour of darkness on the BSB and kit your dreadlord to deal with challenges by giving him pendant, armour of eternal servitude and possibly potion of str.

mythic77
09-03-2010, 17:37
hmm.. when I don't have a dreadlord on a dragon he is usually in a unit of cold one knights. Stupidity is a problem but with LD10 you should only fail once every 12 turns. A build without PoK that I have had some success is

Dreadlord, SDC, Shield, cold one, Hydra Blade, Potion of Strength and AOES

4+d3 attacks, STR 7 and Hatred can ruin anyone's day, even if it only works for a turn. Great for taking out heavy armor and big monsters. Defensively he still has a 0+/1+ save and a 4+ regen.

Another questions is since you still have an extra hero slot are you planning on taking either the RoH or the PoK?

If you are putting the bsb in the black guard unit give him soulrender and possibly Blood Armor

Khemed
09-03-2010, 20:15
I am planning to fill the extra hero slot with PoK if I think of an efficient way to use it.

As for putting the BSB in the BG - I was thinking of perhaps putting him in a block of warriors, since BG could use a dreadlord with ring of darkness.

I was also considering to simply drop the hydra and get a black dragon for the dreadlord, so that double RBT+dragon combo could deal with most big targets.

And yes, I could perhaps drop the 10xRBX unit and get something else. Don't see why I should drop the 3rd unit of DR's tho - any specific reasons? With the RBX unit gone, I'd be left with only them and the two shades units for shooting enemy support, not to mention the fact that DR shooting isn't that great anyway on it's own.

edit: on the CoK unit - I really wanted to include them in my army, since I love the models, but I just hate stupidity, even on ld10. I like to have as reliable army as possible and since I still have to deal with panic and terror, I see stupid units as a big liability.