PDA

View Full Version : Monsters, monsters, monsters

Marshal Torrick
13-03-2010, 18:57
With all the big gribblies running around in recent army books, is it time to finally use the Wood Elf army book's Spirit Sword(possibly dragon mounted) for a take-all-comers 2250 list?

snottlebocket
13-03-2010, 19:28
I kinda like having the monsters back in fantasy. I just wish they weren't all over the board in terms of power / points ratio.

Some are a bit much for the amount of points they cost, others are terribly over costed.

Chainaxe07
13-03-2010, 19:31
Hello, yes might very much be worth it.
Remember we areconstantly moving from heroehammer to godzillahammer, so having an item that could help deal with big nasties sounds like a pretty good idea.

w3rm
13-03-2010, 21:07
Personally I think a Elven Steed would be a better idea. He is less of a target and still pretty fast.

mistrmoon
13-03-2010, 21:28
Personally I think a Elven Steed would be a better idea. He is less of a target and still pretty fast.

Valid point not to mention way less points but having the immunity to fear and terror and those extra high strength attacks to finish what the lord started can be real winners.

SteelyPhil
18-03-2010, 12:46
Might want to bear in mind that a lot of Monsters are either distractions or pretty hard to hit anyway (dark elf sorceress on dragon in woods with focus familiar). So unless the spirit sword can be taken on a hero you might be wasting a lord choice a bit?

Witchblade
18-03-2010, 15:59
Problems:
- you have to wound the monster first (hit, saves).
- many monsters don't have that low Ld.
- you can be sure your general dies.

stiggie
19-03-2010, 15:53
im not sure what that weapon does but it sounds like a weakened version of the blade of realities?? (everytime u hit an enemy with it they take a test if they fail they die),,

if thats the case wouldnt the blade of realities be better? WS6 means hitting 90% of monsters on a 3+ with 5 attacks thats up to 5 leadership checks a turn? lol,, plus he can be mounted on a carnosaur that does D3 wounds at str 7 anyway

Agnar the Howler
19-03-2010, 15:55
im not sure what that weapon does but it sounds like a weakened version of the blade of realities?? (everytime u hit an enemy with it they take a test if they fail they die),,

if thats the case wouldnt the blade of realities be better? WS6 means hitting 90% of monsters on a 3+ with 5 attacks thats up to 5 leadership checks a turn? lol,, plus he can be mounted on a carnosaur that does D3 wounds at str 7 anyway

It would be better if wood elves could get it, yes.

Marshal Torrick
20-03-2010, 05:39
Problems:
- you have to wound the monster first (hit, saves).
- many monsters don't have that low Ld.
- you can be sure your general dies.

The nice thing about the Spirit Sword is that hits auto-wound.

Witchblade
20-03-2010, 20:03
The nice thing about the Spirit Sword is that hits auto-wound.
Hence my specification of 'hits' and 'saves' as the problem factors. You're still at S4.