PDA

View Full Version : Vampires and armour?

Dakkapantz
13-03-2010, 20:07
Hey all,

Quick question, I'm sure it's in the VC book, but I can't find it for some reason. If a vampire is wearing armour, can he cast spells? I would hope that they'd be an exception to the rule, but are they?

Cheers

Peyton

Nurgling Chieftain
13-03-2010, 20:11
I would hope that they'd be an exception to the rule, but are they?It's not so much that they're an exception to the rule, but rather that the rule doesn't exist. While many wizards cannot buy armor, nothing particularly restricts models in armor from casting spells.

Whaagnomore
13-03-2010, 20:12
There is nothing in the rules saying that a wizard cant cast spells whilst in armour, however...
A character needs to already have or atleast have the option to wear armour/shields to take magical armor/shields.
As most vampires have the option to wear armor, it is not beyond them to cast spells whilst wearing plate etc...
Correct me if im wrong :)

danny-d-b
13-03-2010, 20:18
There is nothing in the rules saying that a wizard cant cast spells whilst in armour, however...
A character needs to already have or atleast have the option to wear armour/shields to take magical armor/shields.
As most vampires have the option to wear armor, it is not beyond them to cast spells whilst wearing plate etc...
Correct me if im wrong :)

no your right

as long as you have access to armour as a wizzard you can wear it- weather its bought as equipement, as a blood line power (vamps) or as bacic kit (WOC)

there are even some exceptions to the rule- the empire armour of tarus for example and I think there is one for VC as well (night shroud?)

T10
14-03-2010, 10:10
Indeed. Those armours are made available to models that normally cannot take armour.

-T10

phoenixguard09
14-03-2010, 10:14
Ok so why is it specifically stated under the rules for chaos armour that wearers may [B]still[B] cast spells. This rule would be redundant is the old rule pertaining to armour wearer spellcasters wasn't still in effect.

(Don't get me wrong, I think that non-casting armour wearer vamps would be stupid but this inconsistency is so out of character for GW. :rolleyes:) Wow we need a more sarcastic smiley than the rolleyes.

Griefbringer
14-03-2010, 14:21
Ok so why is it specifically stated under the rules for chaos armour that wearers may [B]still[B] cast spells. This rule would be redundant is the old rule pertaining to armour wearer spellcasters wasn't still in effect.

Bad case of copy-paste from the previous book?

The Red Scourge
14-03-2010, 14:25
Well GW aren't the best at getting their own rules right - and WoC was in many ways a good example of bad games design (take the little paragraph allowing chaos sorcerors to take magic shields - though not mundane ones).

phoenixguard09
15-03-2010, 09:03
Bad case of copy-paste from the previous book?

Why is it I find this so easy to believe? :D

Dvil
16-03-2010, 21:24
Just compare the hero casualty charts between Mordheim and Necromunda. It really was an example of ctrl-A, ctrl-C, ctrl-V.