PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Dragon

Minigiant
15-03-2010, 07:33
Whats the best set up for an all rounder chaos dragon?

Jack of Blades
15-03-2010, 07:55
Best for doing what? but I'd say that the Chaos Runesword + Chaos Runeshield coupled with Diabolic Splendour is one of the most generally solid ones. Hit on 3+, wound on 3/2+ with 6 attacks and negate enemy magic weapons, meaning whatever fancy thing your opponent was hoping to use against you or your dragon is gone.

PeG
15-03-2010, 12:40
Unless your opponent is a daemon because then he will use his gift that isnt a magical weapon to kill your dargon anyway.

BigbyWolf
15-03-2010, 12:49
I've run a few different set-ups, the Runesword/Runeshield is one of them, the others are the extra fun FoB, AoD combo (because nothings as funny as watching your opponents super-hard lord cut his own head off), or the super protected Collar of Khorne, Sword of Might, Armour Of Morrslieb combo.

Note- I always use a Chaos Lord of Tzeentch.

Witchblade
15-03-2010, 14:49
Search function!

BigbyWolf
15-03-2010, 16:37
Search function!

What's that? Some sort of Talsiman?

Minigiant
16-03-2010, 07:44
Chaos Runesword + Chaos Runeshield coupled with Diabolic Splendour is one of the most generally solid ones. Hit on 3+, wound on 3/2+ with 6 attacks and negate enemy magic weapons

How many points is this setup ive left my army book and my flat mates and wont get it back for a week or so

Jack of Blades
16-03-2010, 07:48
How many points is this setup ive left my army book and my flat mates and wont get it back for a week or so

705 points mate, have fun with it. If you want to cut some lard you can remove Diabolic Splendour and/or Chaos Runeshield as neither is really necessary.

Harwammer
16-03-2010, 07:59
Flail, shield, fury of the blood god. Dragon lord is plenty killy as long as you don't put him in situations needing magic attacks. MR2 helps against those nasty non-LoS spells and lets you be a little braver with the dragon's positioning.

Althwen
16-03-2010, 13:54
I dont like the Runshield in there at all... most of the time I face High Elves, Dark elves and Daemons, and all 3 of them tend to have no magic weapons.

major threat in a HE army is the shiny white star counterpart of our Twinheaded Dragon. No HE lord needs a magic weapon on top of a 6 attack str. 7 monster when he can just wrap himself in armour instead and let the dragon do all the damaging.
DE is pretty much the same, except that he runs his lord with a potion of strength on the charge (runeshield won't prevent that)
And daemonic gifts dont count as magic weapons.

So my rider is usually of Tzeentch, collar of Khorne and enchanted shield, and some kind of weapon... glaive of putrefaction is my favorite.

But I've recently decided to give Collar of Khorne + Hellfire Sword a try since I keep running into big regenerating nasties.

Havock
18-03-2010, 02:57
All rounder? Put a level 4 wizard on top of the thing :p

Grey Mage
18-03-2010, 07:15
I dont like the Runshield in there at all... most of the time I face High Elves, Dark elves and Daemons, and all 3 of them tend to have no magic weapons.

Thats a very odd metagame you have there.

Althwen
18-03-2010, 15:35
Thats a very odd metagame you have there.

Tell me about it :(

Agnar the Howler
18-03-2010, 15:47
If they don't use magic weapons, have you tried The Bronze Armour of Zhrakk? It makes you immune to KB, Poison and Psychology, which can impact pretty heavily on some lists, and since he's on a dragon, it's doubtful you'll be using his Ld for much anyway as he's probably deep in your enemy's deployment zone, so that drawback isn't a huge loss. Only trouble is the lack of other magical armour you can get, but it's nothing that a mundane shield can't handle.