PDA

View Full Version : How do you resolve Plague censer bearers against Stegadon?

punkoteloco
15-03-2010, 12:35
Quick question, how is the gas resolved? Im pretty sure you have to randomize, but what happens if the gas goes to the crew? how many T test has to be done? 5 as the crew or only one?

Also, what happens when a warpfire thrower hits a stegadon? Do you randomize beetween steg and crew or under the new Skaven template rule what you touch is hit?

Thanks

punkoteloco

Milgram
15-03-2010, 13:05
plague censers: one test on the highest toughness (stegadon). if failed, the wound is randomized between steg and crew.

warpfire thrower: every part is hit.

punkoteloco
15-03-2010, 13:10
Ok thanks a lot.

Sooty13
18-03-2010, 21:17
I believe you are Wrong! you do not randomise for gas attacks its not shooting. if it were a High Elf riding on a Dragon both would role a test. You can in the combat phase allocate hits to either the Steg or the Skinks. all 5 skinks and/or any charcters and the Steg all need to test, once regardless of how many they are not a War Machine with only one stat line such as the Warplighting Cannon. This is the way we play and have at tournaments.

Milgram
18-03-2010, 21:26
nice for you.

I believe that I am right.

mattjgilbert
18-03-2010, 21:30
Page 7 of the rat FAQ says Milgram is correct

Q. When a model with a Plague Censer causes a
wound on a ridden monster or other model with
separate target-able components, how is the
damage distributed?
A. Take a Toughness test with the best Toughness
value available to the ridden
monster/chariot/multiple statline model and then if
the test is failed, randomise the wound as you
would for a missile hit.

This exact thing came up in a game for us last night.

stripsteak
18-03-2010, 21:31
I believe you are Wrong! you do not randomise for gas attacks its not shooting. if it were a High Elf riding on a Dragon both would role a test. You can in the combat phase allocate hits to either the Steg or the Skinks. all 5 skinks and/or any charcters and the Steg all need to test, once regardless of how many they are not a War Machine with only one stat line such as the Warplighting Cannon. This is the way we play and have at tournaments.

from the skaven faq
Q. When a model with a Plague Censer causes a wound on a ridden monster or other model with separate target-able components, how is the damage distributed?
A. Take a Toughness test with the best Toughness value available to the ridden monster/chariot/multiple statline model and then if the test is failed, randomise the wound as you would for a missile hit.