PDA

View Full Version : warp spiders

Devastator
17-03-2010, 14:33
so what craftwold would wield in fluff large number of spiders
i was thinking ether Saim-Hann or Ulthwé becose swift raids and shock tactiks
they use and in other hand there is Kaelors wraft spider but its writen by C.S.Goto:eek:
so yeah what you guys think:angel:

madd0ct0r
17-03-2010, 14:37
I don't think either of the big ones mentioned are known for preference for the warp spider aspect.

maybe one of the lesser ones (ie create your own?)

there's always malantai...

Idaan
17-03-2010, 14:42
Kaelor was created by Dark Millennium CCG with an awesome short story by Dan Abnett himself. It was only used by Goto for "Eldar Prophecy", but you have to remember that the novel takes place in around M39, not contemporarily. In M41 the Craftworld is pretty much Path-following, not the Slaaneshi abomination of CS Goto. It does indeed have a greater number of Warp Spiders than other Craftworlds, its military is commanded by the Warp Spider Exarch Ulu'Kastar (this was before this 4e "Path of Command" crap, when Autarch was a title of an Exarch in command of warhost), while the head Farseer is Ela Ash'bel.

Have a look for yourself here, under "Blind Hopes":
http://web.archive.org/web/20070927181845/www.sabertoothgames.com/40k/fiction.asp

Dark Millennium cards should also be a major inspiration for you.

Devastator
17-03-2010, 15:49
oh and what is eldar version of vox?

Karhedron
17-03-2010, 16:27
I suspect that Biel-tan would be the logical candidate. They have lots of Aspect Warriors so it is probably reasonable to assume that they have plenty of Warp Spiders.

FarseerMatt
17-03-2010, 19:22
oh and what is eldar version of vox?

Mind-link I think it's called. It's telepathic in nature.

AndrewGPaul
18-03-2010, 08:46
For the amount of troops fielded in a game of 40K, even in a game of Apocalypse, I think any craftworld could supply the amount of Warp Spiders (or any other Aspect or troop type) you'd need.

Devastator
19-03-2010, 18:37
For the amount of troops fielded in a game of 40K, even in a game of Apocalypse, I think any craftworld could supply the amount of Warp Spiders (or any other Aspect or troop type) you'd need.
dont mix gameplay with fluff or are there some billion vulkans in galaxsy:mad:

elvinltl
20-03-2010, 11:02
Please give Eldar players a Warp Spider Phoneix Lord and Shining Spear Phoneix Lord in the next edition. They are perhaps the best Aspect Warriors in the Eldar Codex with no Phoneix Lords. :(