PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Assassin build

blackstork
17-03-2010, 14:35
Hello,
I thought about the optimal, universal build of Assassin. Somebody, who can face each opponent.
I have a few suggestions:
1)2nd weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus
2)2nd weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Cloak of Twillight
3)2nd weapon, Rending Stars, Rune of Khaine, Dark Venom (without make him hidden)
4)2nd weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Hand of Khaine

As you can see, in each build we have 5-7 attacks on 3+ (usually) with hatred and ASF.

The questions is, can he stop all of the men in warhammer game? Which build is the best for guy, which will be in unit?

willowdark
17-03-2010, 14:50
Option 1 is a solid build, and stands a good chance of landing that KB against any opponent. You just have to be careful, because some armies have immunity to KB, whether through magic armour like VC and WoC, or through larger characters like Ogres and Greater Daemons. Generally speaking, I never target enemy lords if I think there is a chance they're immune to KB. Instead, I go after heroes, who are almost never immune.

I personally like my Assassin with EHW, RoK, Manbane and the Cloak, which is a very well rounded build. I've got the bound spell to boost my magic phase. If there is a big monster like a Dragon or Stegadon, I'll try to hit it a couple times with my RBTs, do a few wounds and then launch my Assassin at it for 5-7 st6 attacks with Hatred. He also gives a huge boost to Warriors, whether they're fighting other infantry, Knights (though Manbane is particularly sub-optimal for Knights, but even one kill with ASF will count against a Knight charge) or Ogres. He's particularly good at killing Ogres, when backed up by Static 6 with the Warbanner.

Beyond that, I'd say that Manbane and Rending stars is the best all-round build, since he'll have an effective attack against anything. Shooting Chaos Knights you're st6.

tmarichards
17-03-2010, 20:44
I like the flying rending star assassin, I've found him to be the best bet overall

sulla
18-03-2010, 00:12
It's safer to avoid character hunting assassins IMO and focus on rnf killers. Whenever I play VC, WoC or Dwarves there are always 2 fighters immune or practically immune to my assassins. Manbane/RoK or manbane/rending stars in a unit with banner of murder are alway good options. They can even take down a couple of chaos knights a turn.

Also, remember eachone role. assassin costs as much as a unit, so don't waste points on superfluous items like a handbow or black lotus unless you already had the points spare. Focus him on one role and keep him as cheap as possible for that.

Bladelord
18-03-2010, 00:14
With what banner do you get the out most of him; Banner of Murder or Sea Serpent Standard?

elvinltl
23-03-2010, 07:00
Hello,
I thought about the optimal, universal build of Assassin. Somebody, who can face each opponent.
I have a few suggestions:
1)2nd weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus
2)2nd weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Cloak of Twillight
3)2nd weapon, Rending Stars, Rune of Khaine, Dark Venom (without make him hidden)
4)2nd weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Hand of Khaine

As you can see, in each build we have 5-7 attacks on 3+ (usually) with hatred and ASF.

The questions is, can he stop all of the men in warhammer game? Which build is the best for guy, which will be in unit?

Sorry but Assassins do not have Universal roles. Good Dark Elves General will field Assassins for specific purpose in mind.

Generally the top 4 Assassin builds are as to follow.

1) Rending Stars, Manbane, Additional hand weapon
2) Additional hand weapon, Rune of Khaine, Manbane
3) Additional hand weapon, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus
4) Additional hand weapon, Rune Of Khaine, Touch of Death, Dark Venom

Yea... Rending Star stacks with Manbane. Hence the Strength of the 3 shots will be Opponent Toughness +2 and you can snipe Chariots to death.