PDA

View Full Version : fine tunning a story

Xyrex
17-03-2010, 23:48
I'm planning a battle report for an apoc game (maybe 2-4 sides, 10k each). The story is meant to take place o a jungle world that the IG, witch hunters, and DA have set up defenses against chaos/nids/orks/native lifeforms. So the Ig are being lead by senior officer ..., the WH by canoness Artemis, and the DA by company master Xyrex. So in this case:
A: who is in command in the imperial army?
B: how fortified is a jungle stronghold with a defense laser?
C: is there any chance at all to survive a warp grenade (dodging out of the way, ect.)
D: can a space marine captain somehow become corrupted (no not evil.greed, ect...) with warp power (gain warp based abilities like librarians)
E: could for example a company master or chapter master bring down Abaddon or Typhus themselves (a duel)
F: Can there be any arguements or fights beginning between the imperial army commanders
G: is there such a thing as a stasis grenade
H: how hard is it to obtain an emperor class battle titan for the given commanders or for an inquisitor

Thanks in advance!

bigcheese76
18-03-2010, 00:00
A: The Sister of Battle would probably assume command as it is unlikely the Grey Knights would stay around that long. They prefer a more hit and run tactic.
B: Depends if it is built into the ground, atop a platform, hidden in the trees. I would say not the best fortifications but more hiding (as best you can hide a huge great laser).
C: Very very little. Just assume you cant.
D: Yes, look at those who turned to Tzeentch.
E: In theory yes, but probably not Abaddon. In game terms it could happen, in fluff terms it really shouldnt.
F: There would almost definately be arguaments, but this is unlikely to turn into some what of an Imperial Civil war.
G: Dont know, sorry, think there is.
H: Fairly tricky as they are under the power of the Ad Mech, who arent going to lend one out without a very good reason from the Inquisiotion.

Hope this helps, and I think Im correct on most of it.

Xyrex
18-03-2010, 00:10
ok, thanks
A: so the canoness takes over?
B: its at the edge of a jungle and the back wall is against a mountain. There are walls, some large buildings, and a few small bunkers. But I mean how big are the weapons defending it? Like are they laspistols or demolisher cannons?
D: I mean can a random space marine captain find some sort of stone that gives him psycher qualities but he remains loyal to the emperor? Also would the empire punish him?
G: a smaller, hand held stasis bomb
H: In theory, could an inquisitor obtain one for use on a planet of little recource use?

thearchiver
18-03-2010, 00:36
A The IG would take command, assuming that there not under inquisitorial request.
B As well defened as you want to make it.
C Dodge only if you know its coming at you before it goes off.
D iffy maybe but there is very chance it either goes pear shaped or a inquisitor come sniffing around

E Chapter master yes, company commander no
F Yes
G Yes
H Might as well ask a Space wolf to shave the odds are about the same, and the result for asking would be about the same to.

SandQueen
18-03-2010, 00:49
I'm planning a battle report for an apoc game (maybe 2-4 sides, 10k each). The story is meant to take place o a jungle world that the IG, witch hunters, and DA have set up defenses against chaos/nids/orks/native lifeforms. So the Ig are being lead by senior officer ..., the WH by canoness Artemis, and the DA by company master Xyrex. So in this case:
A: who is in command in the imperial army?
B: how fortified is a jungle stronghold with a defense laser?
C: is there any chance at all to survive a warp grenade (dodging out of the way, ect.)
D: can a space marine captain somehow become corrupted (no not evil.greed, ect...) with warp power (gain warp based abilities like librarians)
E: could for example a company master or chapter master bring down Abaddon or Typhus themselves (a duel)
F: Can there be any arguements or fights beginning between the imperial army commanders
G: is there such a thing as a stasis grenade
H: how hard is it to obtain an emperor class battle titan for the given commanders or for an inquisitor

Thanks in advance!

A: Depends really. What kind of pull does the canoness have? Some command more authority than others. Some IG officers can command entire fleets (Creed for example).
B: How cut back is the foliage? If it comes right up to the wall then things arent secure.
C: Not unless you're as quick as a Harlequin or equally awesome.
D: Yes
E: A grunt company commander? No. Even if Abaddon fails at life, he's still been in it to win it for 10,000 years.
F: Certainly. Look at real life occurances like Gallipoli.
G: Yes, they're in Inquisitor
H: Very. The Adeptus Mechanicus owns those and they dont like dolling them out willy-nilly. Not only that but they are an absolute nightmare to transport because of their raw size, ordnance, and all the rites needed

Xyrex
18-03-2010, 01:01
ROFL I can actually add some jokes into my fluff when I write the battle report...
B: on board, 12 inches from the walls
A: The imperial officer somehow got promoted to his position (noone knows who the ****** put him in command) and is a drunk *****. Canoness is there with a few squads of sisters and 20 guardsmen, she does inquisitor Selmar's dirty work. Xyrex is the normal Dark Angels company master. The DA make up the bulk of the force (1/2 a company)

By the story, Azrael will also arrive a little later. Master of the forge, an interigator chaplain, 2 librarians, and Belial are also present.

SandQueen
18-03-2010, 01:13
ROFL I can actually add some jokes into my fluff when I write the battle report...
B: on board, 12 inches from the walls
A: The imperial officer somehow got promoted to his position (noone knows who the ****** put him in command) and is a drunk *****. Canoness is there with a few squads of sisters and 20 guardsmen, she does inquisitor Selmar's dirty work. Xyrex is the normal Dark Angels company master. The DA make up the bulk of the force (1/2 a company)

By the story, Azrael will also arrive a little later. Master of the forge, an interigator chaplain, 2 librarians, and Belial are also present.

That's somewhat secure, not really good though. An ideal fortification in dense terrain has the terrain cleared out to the extremes of the weapons used by the basic infantry. that allows them the maximum opportunity to get unhindered shots in before they reach the walls.

In that case the Dark Angel would be in charge with the Guard officer as his second. Alcoholic or not he still outranks the canoness in most situations. Belial would take over and then Azrael