PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Salamander

Bedsheets
18-03-2010, 19:16
About to use this in a test game and was a little confused as to how these work. I believe it says the flame shoots straight towards the enemy you are targeting. Roll the artillery dice to see how far it shoots, so max 10 inches. Then it goes on to say stuff about misfireing. Well the misfire dice is also the direction dice so can you shoot backwards? Does it work like a stone thrower? Just not sure how the distance and direction is measured.

Ultimate Life Form
18-03-2010, 19:34
About to use this in a test game and was a little confused as to how these work. I believe it says the flame shoots straight towards the enemy you are targeting. Roll the artillery dice to see how far it shoots, so max 10 inches. Then it goes on to say stuff about misfireing. Well the misfire dice is also the direction dice so can you shoot backwards? Does it work like a stone thrower? Just not sure how the distance and direction is measured.

Uhm... no. Look at your dice again. The artillery die has six sides, one of which is the misfire event (looking something like this X!X). So you get 2,4,6,8,10 and X!X, meaning the breath template flies either 2",4",6",8",10" or not at all. It does not work like a Stone Thrower as it's not a guessing weapon, you use the breath template and no scatter die is involved.

librisrouge
18-03-2010, 19:50
It goes straight forward based on the artillery dice. The scatter dice isn't the misfire dice and isn't used in their shooting at all.

Basically, it'll go forward 2, 4, 6, 8, or 10 inches if it doesn't roll a misfire (an get itself a tasty snack.)

Bedsheets
18-03-2010, 20:24
Guess it helps if I look at the dice first. Well thanks for the answers.

Necromancy Black
19-03-2010, 00:36
Now have fun aiming it at unit between the salamanders and an enemy unit engaged in combat :D