PDA

View Full Version : "Counts As" idea- acceptable or confusing?

Lord Humongous
13-02-2006, 04:58
I've been playing both WE and LaTD for a while. I'm a bit frustrated by the LaTD ally rules, because I can't use many of my WE units (limited numbers, no heavies).

I was thinking maybe I could use mutants in my WE army, but treat them (rules wise) as Kroot mercinaries. Would this be confusing?
I'm thinking most of them would be normal croot carnivors in the rules, but be represented by mutants. They effectively have the same number of attacks, and "firearms" are rapidfire weapons. A boss with a power fist would count as having an eviserator rather than a power fist.
If I wanted Headhunters, I figure I could use mutants with chaos mutation sprue arms (representing thier poison) and if I wanted hunter kindred, I figure I could use mutants with kool looking guns (extended barrel shootas and such).

Seem reasonably unconfusing?

TiltinTim
13-02-2006, 06:13
Sounds fine to me, I'd play ya.

GodofWarTx
13-02-2006, 06:19
sounds good to me.

sigur
13-02-2006, 10:10
I've been playing both WE and LaTD for a while. I'm a bit frustrated by the LaTD ally rules, because I can't use many of my WE units (limited numbers, no heavies).

:wtf: That's why they are allies. If you want to field lots of WE units, play your WE army.

But the idea with the mutants is okay as long as your opponent agrees on you using Kroot mercs.

Darkseer
13-02-2006, 10:17
as long as it's wysiwyg (such as powerfists being powerfists and plasma guns being plasma guns) it should be ok.

Lastie
13-02-2006, 12:04
I generally don't have a problem with proxying, so long as any extremely bizarre 'count as' choices (such as yours) are explained at the start of the game. I'm guessing this is similar for most people.

Venomizer
13-02-2006, 12:07
I dont see any real problems with your idea.......I'd play you

Melchor
13-02-2006, 12:15
I like that idea.

Nobody in their right mind should b*tch about this as long as you explain it properly at the start of the game.

Lord Humongous
13-02-2006, 13:26
:wtf: That's why they are allies. If you want to field lots of WE units, play your WE army.

Yes, I realise that, but the point is that WE (and CSM in general) can't take LatD as allies. So if I want to field more than a couple WE units, I'm unable to use ANY LatD units in my WE list. Which is frustrating mostly because my WE are almost fully painted, and my LatD are far from it.

yerpo
13-02-2006, 22:27
Don't try to pull that one off at a tournament, but otherwise it seems a reasonable enough idea to me.

Witch Hunter
13-02-2006, 22:50
Don't try to pull that one off at a tournament, but otherwise it seems a reasonable enough idea to me.

I agree about the tourney, as well. Otherwise, I'd play ya in a friendly game.

TWB
14-02-2006, 09:29
Unless a Tourney actually forbids the use of Army lists that don't have a codex, I don't see why not actually, if the muties count as Kroot Mercs and your opponant is aware of this, I don't see what difference is.

If you wanted to get pedantic about it, just say they are Kroot who have eaten Slaaneshi worshippers, we all know what happens there.

If you are playing with a regular group of friends, you could always just opt to ignore the rule that says you can't include WE allies, this is why I play friendlies only, part of the fun of 40K is being able to jiggle things if you want to.

scramasax
14-02-2006, 18:17
That rules was done mostly so you can count a very personnal model or army that do not exist as something that exist in the rules and not from counting something that exist as something else.

I don't mind on a friendly game because it keep me from always playing against the same type of army.

For tournament I have see it done because everything was WYSIWYG but for the painting and composition points if does not go very well. I have seen a nurgle army very well painted played as a marines chapter. Even if they were well painted they were not going at all with the theme.