PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts Nurgle WoC - A list of lists!

Agnar the Howler
21-03-2010, 02:22
I have here a collection 1.5k nurgle lists (I will not deviate from the nurgle theme, one of the few necessities is that every markable unit included must have the Mark of Nurgle. The other necessity is the festering shroud/blasphemous amulet exalted combo must stay. Money is quite a large restriction, so i'll detail what I already have:

20 Marauders with great weapons
11 Chaos Warriors w/ halberds, shields, musician and standard bearer (one model can be made a champion)
1 Exalted with great weapon (blasphemous amulet + HoME also included)
1 Mounted Exalted with Halberd
1 Mounted Nurgle Sorcerer (Substantial conversion, not easily used as something else)
13 Chaos knights w/ standards and musicians (champion models included)

And without further ado, here are the lists:

List 1 - Rotten Core 1

Heroes:
Lvl 2 Chaos Sorceror w/ MoN, Barded Steed, Infernal Puppet and Spell Familiar - 206pts
Exalted Hero w/ MoN, Helm of Many Eyes, Blasphemous Amulet, and Great Weapon - 188pts

Core:
14 Chaos Warriors w/ MoN, Standard Bearer + Festering Shroud, Halberds and Shields - 305pts
10 Marauders w/ MoN, Great Weapons - 80pts
5x Warhounds - 30pts
5x Warhounds - 30pts
5x Marauder Horsemen w/ MoN, Musician, Light Armour, Throwing Axes and Flails - 126pts

Special:
5x Chaos Knights w/ Standard Bearer, MoN - 250pts

Rare:
1x Hellcannon - 205pts

Total - 1500pts

Basic plan is for the marauders to guard the flanks of my warrior unit, which acts as the core of my army. The hellcannon and the marauder horsemen guard board flanks and the knights ride around as a taxi for the sorcerer, who snipes characters and important models before riding down with the knights and striking at weakened or vulnerable units.

List 2 - Rotten Core 2 (And this time it's personal!)

Heroes:
Lvl 2 Chaos Sorceror w/ MoN, Barded Steed, Infernal Puppet and Spell Familiar - 206pts
Exalted Hero w/ MoN, Helm of Many Eyes, Blasphemous Amulet, and Great Weapon - 188pts

Core:
11 Chaos Warriors w/ MoN, Standard Bearer + Festering Shroud, Halberds and Shields - 254pts
15 Marauders w/ MoN, Great Weapons - 105pts
15 Marauders w/ MoN, Great Weapons - 105pts
5x Warhounds - 30pts
5x Warhounds - 30pts
5x Marauder Horsemen w/ MoN, Musician, Light Armour, Throwing Axes and Flails - 126pts

Special:
5x Chaos Knights w/ Standard Bearer, MoN - 250pts

Rare:
1x Hellcannon - 205pts

Total - 1499pts

Same as last time only with larger marauder units. who can take on more things and take more losses.

List 3 - The list with no name!

Heroes:

Core:
11 Chaos Warriors w/ MoN, Standard Bearer + Festering Shroud, Halberds and Shields - 254pts
20 Marauders w/ MoN, Musician, Light Armour and Shields - 154pts
5x Warhounds - 30pts
5x Warhounds - 30pts
5x Marauder Horsemen w/ MoN, Light Armour, Throwing Axes and Flails - 120pts

Special:
5x Chaos Knights w/ MoN - 230pts

Rare:
1x Hellcannon - 205pts

Total - 1497pts

Single detatchment this time, with the larger marauder unit now aimed at tackling enemies head on to keep them off the warriors and designed for survival in combat, relying on ranks, numbers and armour. There probably needs to be a standard bearer in there somewhere, but I can't find the points without dropping something shiny. The larger marauder unit can also act as a buffer, or even hold units in place for a flank charge by the knights or marauder horsies.

List 4 - Look to the Battle Standard!

Heroes:
Exalted Hero w/ MoN, BSB + War Banner and Shield - 185pts

Core:
11 Chaos Warriors w/ MoN, Champion, Standard Bearer + Festering Shroud, Halberds and Shields - 266pts
20 Marauders w/ MoN, Musician, Light Armour and Shields - 154pts
5x Warhounds - 30pts
5x Warhounds - 30pts
5x Marauder Horsemen w/ MoN, Light Armour, Throwing Axes and Flails - 120pts

Special:
5x Chaos Knights w/ Musician, MoN - 240pts

Total - 1499pts

The largest difference is the lack of a hellcannon. I like the model and what it can do, but the price-tag is hefty, and so i'm looking for a list that can perform without it. Naturally, without the hellcannon larger units will be more in number and flanks are more exposed, so i used the points for a BSB for the warriors so that they can tackle larger units more easily and counteract the large rank bonus and the outnumbering with the extra combat res generated, and should they still lose, then they still have a bit of protection.

Marauder horsies are going to be guarding a flank, as are the knights, with neither being avaliable for immediate support, hence why the 20 marauders are still here, with the GW detatchment probably going with them instead of the warriors, as the warriors can handle tougher and more numerous units without requiring the marauders to flank charge in.

In all 4 lists, the warhounds do what they do best and screen.

Apologies for the long post, but i'm just at a complete loss of what to do. My current list doesn't look amazing, so unless it suceeds in play-testing next tuesday, i'll be looking here for advice.

Cheers.

Agnar the Howler
21-03-2010, 16:25
I guess they're all so bad that everyone who views them has a heart-attack and dies. Ah well, back to the drawing board...

Agnar the Howler
21-03-2010, 22:22
I'm starting to think that my theory is actually more correct than I first thought...

Cartoon
22-03-2010, 01:58
It's not that it's bad, it's just that there isn't much room to offer advice with the restrictions you have. Not that that's a bad thing, just saying that the most common advice would be to switch the MoN off the marauders for the MoS.

You might run into a bit of an issue with magic defense. The puppet is nice but at 1500 pts it might not see as much action as it would in higher point games. The staff of sorcerery might be more useful as far a magic defense goes.

The festering shroud/blasphemous amulet is a lot of fun to use, especially against elves. Nothing like wiping out most of the front rank before combat has even begun.

Apparently the hellcannon can be pretty brutal if it's used in the correct way, which is to not be shy about throwing it into combat or having it hold a flank in addition to blowing stuff up. I would probably go with a hellcannon list just to give yourself some variety.

Agnar the Howler
23-03-2010, 03:18
The staff of sorcery would require me to drop the spell familiar too, will I only really need buboes?

That would give me 10pts of lee-way if I did trade, allowing for a standard bearer on the large marauder blocks of 20, the third list is looking nice right now, as it has the hellcannon and with the extra points left-over I can give the exalted hero a shield (he's modelled with a shield as chaos warriors have no GWs on the sprues, and a few of my opponents also play 40k, so it would please their WYSIWYG glands) as there isn't much else I can spend the last dregs on that would give much of a benefit.

Cartoon
23-03-2010, 06:25
Yeah the shield might be nice to have as an added layer of protection against shooting. I totally forgot that the staff is more than the puppet. It is nice to have that extra spell, especially if you get the regen one. It's a tough call, one way your a little more solid on magic defense as the staff will help every round, not just during miscasts, but the other way you've got some more offense and if things do go wrong you're covered against the worst with the puppet.

As an aside, the marauders with GWs may have a tough time making it to combat as they're pretty easy to blow apart with shooting. Then again I'm not sure what else you can spend the points on that would really help. List 3 looks pretty good for rolling mono Nurgle, I hope you have a good time!

Agnar the Howler
23-03-2010, 14:05
The marauders are recieving the hound screens as they march up alongside the warriors, who can take most shooting (cannons would purposefully aim at the hounds and then guess over to hit whatever's behind them, so i've no protection there, but MoN and a warrior armour save should protect me from most shooting so they don't have a huge need for the screens. Anywho, the GW marauders are really just a cheap detatchment type unit that'll flank charge any enemies and give my warriors an easier ride.

I could try using the staff and puppet/SF loadouts and see which is best, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if I don't take the puppet, there'll be miscasts from everyone left right and centre, and if I do, there'll be spells that I fail to dispel by 1, so I lose either way :P

Cheers for the help, list 3 it is.